Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default I know

the weight isn't going to come off in one day. I'm a self-professed yo-yo dieter, self-sabotageur. This time around I'm doing things differently. I'm taking it one day at a time.
1. My mindset is different. As soon as negative thoughts about myself come up, I immediately change my thinking or I'll go down a bad bad spiral of negative self-thought.
2. Habits are hard to break. I'm forgiving myself if I have a bad meal or snack and instead of beating myself up and falling down the failure trail, I refocus for the next meal.
3. I'm trying something different. I'm going to record my weight once a week but I'm weighing myself everyday. I don't know if I'm going to like this method only because so far (first week trying this) I see the tiny up and down of the scale. This could drive me crazy. But, at the same time, I see it as a good reminder of what I need to do that day to stay on program. If I go up, I am reminded first thing in the morning that today I need to be more strict about program but if I do well, then I just need to keep doing what I'm already doing (on program). Good feedback, I think.
4. Exercise. Ah, exercise. It's a love, hate relationship. I hate to do it, but I love the feeling I get afterwards and sometimes during. It's a stress reliever but I get bored easily then I quit. So, I'm taking it one day at a time (sometimes moment). Yesterday I wanted to go to a new aerobic class at the gym but because of its time (7:30) I almost didn't. I kept thinking about dinner and how if I ate before I'd get a cramp and if I ate after I would be eating so late that I wouldn't feel great when I sleep. But I knew I wanted to go. So, I ate dinner because I was hungry but I went to the aerobics class afterwards (gave myself the standard 30-40 minute wait time). I'm glad I went even lthough I did feel a little crampy. Next time, I'll be sure to eat a lighter snack and if I have to have another little snack when I get home. The teacher herself, was a motivator to keep exercising. She made us guess her age. I would have guessed 25 but I think she must have been in her 40's because when someone said 32, she blushed and giggled and said we were very kind. I would love to look like her in my 40's. Makes me think of Dr. Oz's "You on aging"... another topic for a different thread.

Today is another day. I'm staying on program today (even though I didn't plan ahead and prepare my food last night) because I want to be healthy and be joyful about my life.
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #2  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

That is awesome. You sound a lot like me. I am always gung ho in the beginning and then I do or eat something that I know was a bad choice and I get on a self pitty kick and start putting myself down then I just give up and eat whatever I want anyway.

So for the past 2 weeks I have been planning my meals and doing some walking. And if I eat something that I shouldnt have then I say it is ok, I am going to have some bad days and I move on.... So I am right there with you.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Those are some great changes! I'm so right there with you on Numbers 2 & 4 ^^ One moment at a time. We can do it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Julzchiki!!! Great to see you here!!

Sounds like you are right on track! I have come to the conclusion the people that are successful losing weight and keeping it off are able to mess up and get right back on track again.

Best of luck to you!! See you around!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You sound just like me. I hope you can stick with this, you can do it!! Now I must tell myself the same and stop eating off plan!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote