Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #1  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Question suggestions to maintain moptivation on the weekend, pls!

Hi there, I'm a newbie to the site (Well actually I've been stealth reading for a while, but have finally decided to take the plunge. Everyone here seems so supportive). Anyways I was wondering if you gals had any helpful tricks for making it through the weekends. Weekends are totally so tough for me. I'm pretty social, and in and out on the weekends. Not always out for meals (though when I have meals out, these are also a trial), but sometimes I'm out so long that by the time I come back I am starvin marvin, and can't make good food choices Any wise words would be most appreciated!
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello there!
The best thing I EVER did was move my weigh in day to Monday. This gives me all the motivation to eat clean on the weekends. It's possible!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Hey Kasmin! Glad you decided to start posting!

The weekends are the toughest for me, too. I find I do best when I'm not just hanging around the house listening to the food calling me from the kitchen. Sounds like you got that covered, though. As for the "starvin' marvin" syndrome when you get home - I would highly recommend that you keep some portable snacks handy when you go out. I don't know what your plan is, so these suggestions might not be perfect, but I really like to keep a protein bar or a Kashi GoLean bar in the glove compartment for emergencies. They don't spoil, and they're available for the unexpected. However, if I know I'm going to need a snack when I'm out during the day, I will usually pack some yogurt or fruit or veggies. I'm never more vulnerable than when I am so hungry I could cry, so I think that being aware and preparing for those times is a key tool in my weekend survival arsenal.

Let us know how the weekend goes! And share any insights that you gain. I know that I'm not the only one who struggles with the weekends, and any extra advice would be wonderful.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I am guilty of having bad weekend for the past few months. I have noticed two things, one .. if I have junk food in the house I will eat it, so I try and not have it in the house. Second.. I eat if I stay in the house all weekend, if I go out to a park and hike, I eat less.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #5  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I carry granola bars and almonds in my purse so you can eat them as a snack and you wont be starving when you get home and you can make sensible decisions instead of shoving the first thing in you mouth that you can grab, which is what I used to do. also if you know that you are eating out at a restaurant, go online and look at the menu and make decisions that way. Also ask for what you need. If you need them to cook something a special way for you so it is less calories, then ask. You are paying them.

But I also weigh in on saturday so if I slip then I have a whole week to fix it....And sunday is the day that I allow myself one thing that I want. Ice cream, hot dogs, chips. But I only do one thing. Like last weekend I had ben and jerrys, but I ate good the whole day. And this past weekend I had mac and cheese and hot dogs. So I still feel like I am not depriving myself.

I hope this helps.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #6  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Welcome, Kasmin!

The issue with weekends for me is the lack of a routine. During the week, I start work at a set time, have my breaks and lunch at a set time and finish at the same time. Sticking to a routine is very easy from there. At the weekend, I tend to be less structured and things fall apart from there. I also tend to be more social - with my friends, it's nothing to be called at 3pm to come over for dinner and a DVD night that night.

I try and stick with a routine - I still get up and have breakfast at the same time as during the week but that's about the only thing I can keep the same. I do watch my snacking - mindless snacking is one of my downfalls - and I'll try and go for a long walk as well.

It all helps...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Oh weekends. If we didn't have weekends I'd probably be down 120 lbs by now! They're for relaxing and they break up routine, so of course they break up my weightloss routine! *sigh*

However, while I'm still working out the weekend kinks myself, I've found that planning my dinners for the weekends on Friday has helped. That way if I want to eat out, it's planned. If I want a nice wholesome meal at home, it's planned. If I want to eat a bag of chips, planned!

They might always be a trial, but with time & practice weekends will become easier.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I have this problem as well. My hubby is only home on weekends (due to work) so it's like him coming home triggers relaxation, let it all go mode and I end up laying around, taking long naps, and going out to eat, ordering the wrong things...then I am miserable come Monday, get back on track over week, then it all falls apart again when he comes home. I just don't know how to stop this from happening. Things are just so very different when he is here, from when it's just me and the kids.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Take snacks with you when you go out and prepare something in the morning and stick in the fridge. That way, when you get home and are ravenous, you can munch on the small meal you already made while you contemplate what else to eat.

By the time you get to the food after the preprepared meal, you can eat only what you need to not starve....and not the whole bag of chips, per say.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #10  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for all the great advice! I'll be sure to try these suggestions this weekend (which is *gulp* upon me). Hang tough everyone!
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #11  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think it helps to get in enough physical activity. I clean the apartment from top to bottom on Saturdays and I workout on Sundays. If we do go out to eat I try to limit what I order to something that won't set me back a week. I have to stay strong because I have failed so many times on the weekend and it just isn't worth the frustration the rest of the week trying to make up for it.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

As much as it stinks (and I know it's so tempting to take the time off- it's the weekend after all!) I found when I went to the gym, I was really much more hesitant to eat unhealthily (or drink any booze... haha). For some reason that works for me, knowing I spent a substantial amount of time doing something great for myself, and not wanting to cancel that out.

Also, if you're going out with friends, see if you can grab a menu ahead of time. Look up the values of whatever it is you're keeping track of, so you know before you get there. And never go there hungry, or you'll eat all the rolls (or I would, anyway.. )
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I just treat the weekends like normal days. On Fridays at work, I menu plan for Friday night, Sat and Sun and stop by the store on the way home from work (I grocery shop on Sun and Friday mainly because I like fresh produce and it just doesn't last a full week for me). If I go out to a restaurant on the weekend, I treat it just like a restaurant during the week. I eat the same snacks I eat during the week, and if I'm out running errands, I stick them in my purse so I can eat them at the normal time. I limit alcohol all the time (no more than 1 glass of red wine) so I don't get the "mmmm bar munchies" very often.

I have always treated the weekends like any other day and I've never had a problem. My problem is STILL work events (bah, stupid cheesey panini sandwiches and mini chocolate mousse cups we had yesterday at an event in downtown).

Good luck!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote