Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #1  
Im a work in progress!!

Default Protein Bars. How many a day?

How many protein bars thoughout the day is to much? Ive usually just eat about 1 a day, 5 x a week. But I was thinking of upping that to 2 a day since its only 180 calories and I use those 180 calories on far worst choices. I eat the Luna Bars. I eat lots of veggies and protein such as chicken and fish. Is eating 2 bars a day bad?
CountryGirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, "bad" is an interesting term. I don't believe that ANY food choice is "bad", necessarily. Could you spend those Luna bar calories on a more nutritious, more filling choice? Of course. But sometimes that isn't our only consideration. Do you need the convenience of a protein bar? Maybe they help you combat your sweet/chocolate cravings. On the negative side, bars like this can be "stallers" for people - for whatever reason, if they eat them too often, they don't lose as quickly, or they trigger sweets cravings that are hard to ignore. Some people are even intolerant of the protein used in the bars and it makes them ill to eat too much.

Only you can determine what works for you. Try the bars for a couple weeks. Losses still at an OK rate for you? Not having any unexplainable cravings? Finding it easier to make good choices? The bars might work for you just fine. On the other hand, if you're finding yourself hungry, fighting sweets cravings, or not feeling well in general, you may not want to go to 2 a day.

Best of luck, and if I haven't responded to one of your posts yet!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #3  
Im a work in progress!!

Thank you Mandalinn!
Yes you have responded to one of my posts before when I was asking if my single serving bag of chips I eat everyday is bad. I was thinking about substuting that for a protein bar and see how that goes.
I think I will take your advice try it for a few weeks and see what happends.
Thanks!
CountryGirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote