Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default Newbie looking for buddy....

Hello, I am a 36 year old mother of one... she is two months. I live in NJ, and would like a buddy/buddies who are also doing WW to keep me motivated, and honest.... I am doing the Flex plan and have 85lbs to go until I reach my goal weight.... This is my second attempt at WW, first time I was not that successful, but really want to loose the weight this time... I wanna be healthy for my child...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hi Jersygirl . Congrats on your baby girl!

I am 32 and a mom to 3 and I also want to be healthy for my children and my family. I have been working hard at it for quite a while now but I still have a long way to go to my goal. I am only on my 2nd week with WW and I am also doing the Flex Plan. So far so good.

How are you doing?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #3  

Hi Sweet Tea, look like you are doing really good, I have my good days and my bad days... It truly is a struggle... I am the worse at planning meals... I love chocolate... and chips.... so I snack a lot... I have not been excercising like I should but as you can see I did lose something : ) I hope next week will be just as good....
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Jersygirl, I'll give you a snack to try that works really well for me and my DH. If you like chocolate, peanut butter and sweets. Take a chocolate rice cake, spread peanut butter on it and then spread on your favorite flavor of all-fruit or lite jelly/jam. With a cup of 1% milk if that's what you like, it's surprisingly good and filling. I only like it with chocolate rice cakes, but you can try others to find what you like. It's got the crunch and the flavors, I guess the protein in the pb makes it filling. It's about 4 or 5 pts, depending on the amount of pb, and the jelly/jam you use. But if it gets you off other snacks it's worth the pts. Best of luck to you!

Keep coming on and exploring the forums, there's tons of great info on this site, I think it's one of the keys to my success so far!

And remember, don't quit, if you have a setback, just start up again, you're definitely worth it.

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-07-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #5  

Hi.... Keli..... thanks for the advise.... I am definetly in it for the long haul... I am actually up at Midnight because I was craving a snickers bar : ) but I just get so motivated by seeing all the pounds that you all have lost... that I can go to bed thinking about me and my husbands Behamas trip that we will be taking next year, and hopeful, I can be half way to my goal by then.... thanks again for the encouragement.... and the snack tip...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #6  
Debbie B.

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jersygirl, a trip to the Bahamas is an EXCELLENT incentive! Think about all the vacation photos of you looking slim...especially when you want to cheat! right now my incentive is my 40th B-day coming up on Dec. 18. I definitely want to look and feel good for that.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #7  

Hi everyone, my reward gift to myself is a trip to Universial Studios. I have done WW before been successful only to stop going and gain the weight back. This time I want to make goal, and stay with WW for maintenance.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie1967 View Post
Hey Jersygirl, a trip to the Bahamas is an EXCELLENT incentive! Think about all the vacation photos of you looking slim...especially when you want to cheat! right now my incentive is my 40th B-day coming up on Dec. 18. I definitely want to look and feel good for that.

Hey Debbie.... we are both Dec babies.... my birthday is Dec 3..... I have a 10lb goal by then.... already down 3 : )
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3

I just started this diet too. I'm totally in love with the hostess cupcake 100 calorie packs...they're amazing and the best part is they're only 1 point!!! Also if you're ever craving chips Lays makes light chips and I think they're only 1 point for 1 ounce. Good luck everyone...we can do this!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
I just started this diet too. I'm totally in love with the hostess cupcake 100 calorie packs...they're amazing and the best part is they're only 1 point!!! Also if you're ever craving chips Lays makes light chips and I think they're only 1 point for 1 ounce. Good luck everyone...we can do this!

Chips are 1 point I think I have found the solution : )
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #11  
Debbie B.

littlebumblebee, do you live in CA? I haven't been to Universal Studios since I was a kid and it was totally awesome back then!

jersygirl, I had a hard time having B-day parties when I was a kid because they were usually on Christmas vacation and all my friends were going to grandma's or something...you will make your mini goal easily, just keep thinking about that beach in the Bahama's, sipping a Mai Tai with your honey!

1 pt cupcakes and chips?? I am so going to Safeway on my lunch break! thanks Pallas! I am always looking for "junk food" substitutes and yesterday I actually bought some soy protein corndogs but I haven't tried them yet. I LOVE Boca Burgers even though I am not a vegetarian. I think they are only 1 or 2 pts per patty cant remember..I also like the Hebrew National 98% fat free hot dogs..with sauerkraut and mustard, yummy! If anyone else knows about low pt products that they just love let us all know.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #12  

Deb, my mom would give me parties in school.... I did not have to many B-Day parties either.... yeah... I will have a bunch of mini goals in hopes to reach my major goal... the eating is some what good, but what you suggest for a mini exercise goal....?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

I am new here, too. It is true, these stories are so inspiring!

I am addicted to the chocolate 100 Calorie Hostess cakes and the Lays Light, also. One point per serving? You cannot beat that! I also make a 3 point chili that is so yummy and 1 cup for 3 points is so filling.

I hope to get to know you all!

Last edited by JinxCat; 11-10-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #14  
Debbie B.

hi Jersygirl, I weighed in last night and I am down 1 lb! I dont have set days that I workout on but I do exercise in the evening about 3 times a week. the weather is fairly good around here and sometimes I will combine errands with walking (like to the library, 4 mile round trip for me about an hour total walking) and the grocery and drug store are about 3 miles..I cant exercise in the am, have to be at work at 7:30 am
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #15  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am back on WW for my 2nd time as well. I am at 201 right now, trying to be under 150 as my first long term goal. I really should be at the 130 mark, we will see.

I am mom of 4 sons, I am 38. Maybe we can start a new group in the group section. It is so hard to jump right in the long established groups.
Closed Thread