Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #1  
DETERMiNED

S/C/G: 215/190/150

Height: 5'6

Default 16; Just Starting Atkins Tomorrow

ok im only in induction but im ready; im looking to lose 30 lbs before jan 1 because im tired of a resolution that never goes threw; im threw with being fat, im almost a senior; i lost 20 lbs last summer and it was the best thing ever; people say im so pretty but if i was skinny i would be gorgeous well im tired of waiting; i cant wait to satert atkins givbe me advice!!!!
Arielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

firstly welcome.
30lbs before jan? thats what 8-9 weeks? do-able very very do-able i'm down 42lb in 9 weeks. but i did have a fair bit to lose. if you have never done atkins before be prepared to ride out the first week you may feel awful but keep at it after the first week you'll start feeling better each day until you feel ontop of the world. secondly get a decent recipie website, where possible cook most of your food from scratch. if you cook it you know whats in it! i make my own burgers and mustard sauce. cheese sauce is good spread on lots of leafy green veg.

there are times when i gets a little boring, at times i've really been bored and craved all sorts of things but i just go to the fridge and get out the cheddar cheese cut off a big lump dunk it in some full fat mayo and munch it all!
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Arielle!!

First question, have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? Reading the book before beginning the program is the key to success. Understanding how & why this way of life works is essential for success. In a nutshell. Induction is 20 carbs per day from foods ONLY on the acceptable foods list:
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/
12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads. Be sure to drink plently of water and get some exercise. 30 lbs by Jan isn't impossible if you do this correctly

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 11-03-2007 at 08:35 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You can do it, but Kim is right , you need to follow the book exactly and exercise will help you with your loss.. Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya & Welcome arielle09! I remember gaining a LOT of weight in junior high & taking it off on a high protein diet rather quickly between 8th & 9th grade - waaaay back in the 70's! Wishing now that I would have stuck with the same principles all these years.

Hope you'll lc chat with us on your progress - new Thread each week - we're here chatting til tomorrow: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125974

Good Luck!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello. I will be starting with you tomorrow. I have done atkins before and have lost so well. You can do 20 pounds easy. If you do read the book it makes it a lot easier. So I will be in the same boat with you. The first week is the toughest, but if you can make it through that then you will be just fine. I will be more than happy to be a supporter with you since we are both starting.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #7  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Arielle!!

First question, have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? Reading the book before beginning the program is the key to success. Understanding how & why this way of life works is essential for success. In a nutshell. Induction is 20 carbs per day from foods ONLY on the acceptable foods list:
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/
12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads. Be sure to drink plently of water and get some exercise. 30 lbs by Jan isn't impossible if you do this correctly

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Thank you very much for that List Jersey!

Arielle! What a beuatiful name! Good luck to you!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #8  
DETERMiNED

S/C/G: 215/190/150

Height: 5'6

Talking thank you!!!

[B][COLOR="Magenta"]thanks everyone for you blessings ; its SO hard but im going to stick to it; i feel really bad and im craving things but this diet is so promising so eating alot of cheese sticks should curb my appetite?? i HAATE mayo lol and i work at chick-fil-a so its so hard not to overeat but im trying
Arielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote