South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

Default gained 10 lbs in 4 months

i want to start by saying i let myself go. i haven't been on in 4 months and in that time i gained 1o lbs of the 35 that i lost. way disgusted with myself. i was doing so well and then came all the bbq's and desserts. yesterday i decided it was time to go back to phase 1 and so far so go. except i forgot about the headaches. lol.

if anyone has any advice please let me know how i can stay on track. i do exercise daily and have been the whole time and i rarely ate white rice and only ate ww. it's the chocolate that kills me and halloween was my last whoora.
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Glad you came back. The best advice I can give is only the advice I use and that is to plan plan plan. Good job with sticking to your workouts. Try to hang around for good this time that way you can come here when the need for chocolate hits you and we can do our best to talk you out of it.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  

thankyou i plan on checking in several times a day.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Will fudgesicles or the peanut butter cup do it for you? If I'm having a tough spell (pre TOM), some nights I slam down 2 or 3 fudgesicles, but I figure it's better than the alternative. I also drink NSA hot cocoa, and make sf chocolate pudding. Can't say it always works, but sometimes it really helps. Hot tea too, and Fage Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds. These are the things I turn to when I'm Jonesing. It's the chocolate for me too. God, I love the stuff! Hope this helps.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #5  

last night was my first day back and i did make sf hot choc. i do need to buy fudgsicles. that would help alot during tom which is right now. i also have my husband on southbeach this time so hopefully the added motivation will help
Old 11-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Keep reminding yourself you don't want to do P1 again
Stick with us and we will get you through
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, back, 50lbs2go!

I think the most important thing to think about when you have fallen off the wagon is, "Why did I fall off?" Once you figure out what led to or caused your fall, you can make plans for dealing with it in the future. So if it's BBQs in the summer, make plans to bring your own food. Ask the host/hostess what they are serving (if you feel uncomfortable, let them know you're on a special diet and need to plan your food). Then plan accordingly. For instance, if they are making hamburgers and hotdogs, I would bring a WW bun and a slice of reduced-fat cheese, so I could make a hamburger. I know that it'll be more fatty than I'd like, but I can only make so much of a fuss. There's no reason, though, if you feel comfortable with it, that you can't bring your own gardenburger or such and ask them to grill that! I would also make a big bowl of homemade 3 bean salad or coleslaw that I could eat. I'd know that I'd at least have that and the burger to eat. There might also be salad or plain fruit to eat. I usually toss some kind of sweet treat in my bag too, like an SBD snack bar or a small pudding cup, so I don't feel left out when they're having dessert.

Does that make sense? You have to figure out how you personally can deal with the issues that drove you to cheat, but once you have those plans in place, you know you can relax and go with the flow--that problem isn't going to stall you again!

As for chocolate, I swear by homemade SF hot cocoa. I heat 1.5 cups of milk in the microwave while I mix 5 tsps (1 T and 2 tsp) of UNSWEETENED cocoa with 3 T of SF syrup (I particularly like Kahlua and Toasted Marshmallow flavors... ) in a mug. It takes a little bit of stirring, but eventually it turns into a very thick slurry. When the milk is hot (I do 3 minutes on high), I pour it into the slurry while stirring continuously. I usually sprinkle cinnamon on top, since it's known to help prevent type 2 diabetes (and it tastes darn good!). That plus a PB cup at night really quells the chocolate cravings. I also make sure I get my weekly 1 oz of dark chocolate. It's something I really look forward to! I eat mine on Saturday night, which works out well since that's usually the day that I'm likely to be with people who are eating dessert and I know I have something to look forward to!

Hope that helps! Here's some to help you on your way!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #8  

THANK YOU Laurie.............the bbq was all me. we bbq often and i and i am the one who makes desserts. i love to bake cakes and cupcake. one bite became 1 whole which became 2. and so on. i will do better. i have lost 4 lbs since i started back on thursday and my clothes are starting to fit better. and boy am i looking for better dessert recipes on here. it is getting so much easier due to 1 my husband is on it with me and 2 this website. my savior and will power. when i get hungry or just want to snack i come on her and read all the motivational posts and i go i want that to be me. so thanks again.
thank you to all................

Last edited by 50lbs2go; 11-05-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

[and Fage Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds. These are the things I turn to when I'm Jonesing. It's the chocolate for me too. God, I love the stuff! Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Is that Fake greek yogurt? I make that too, but I've never used agave nectar. I mix mine with a little splenda ( although I like the idea of agave nectar...not chemicals) and either pumpkin pie spice or lemon juice. Pumpkin Pie spice in it tastes almost like the old apple spice flavor yogurt I used to buy. I've also mixed it with cocoa powder, but I like that better mixed with Ricotta.
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote