Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #189 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hey, go back and check thread #188 because I posted the Creole Jambalaya Stew made in a slow cooker. It looks yummy and I'll give it a try soon.

Well, Halloween is over here. Had loads of trick or treaters and I did pretty well with the Halloween goodies. Today has been great so far and I intend to get back on the
Have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland
By the way, Cherry, I keep on losing and gaining the same three pounds. Now that I'm down a bit, I have to make a big push to lose another pound so I can finally see 199# by February.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Question Can I Be a Turtle Too?

I too have the turtle mentality. Lesser souls would have quit but not me, I keep on keeping on.

Where do I sign up to join?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #4  
Chick

Pamatga, you just did! By posting you're signed up! glad to have you aboard.
Tell us something about yourself and keep posting. We post when we're doing well because it makes us feel good and helps to inspire the other turtles who have all become our friends. We post when we're doing not so great because turtles will help us get through it and get back on track. For heavens sake--I've lost 15# in the past 7 years--count 'em 7. I'm not proud of this, but I know without WW's and our turtle group my weight would be way up. So--about me---I'm a grandma, and a retired elementary teacher.
Although heavy since my mid-thirties, my weight really skyrocketed when my thyroid became hypoactive. I've been dealing with trying to lose weight, but my emotions often get in the way. I'm optimistic and Iknow this is actually the time of the year when I have lost weight in the past. Sorry to go on so. Welcome, welcome! And if you wouldn't mind, how about explaining your name.

Okay guys--I'll be gone for a few days and I'll check back here on MOnday.
Take care and be well and do something nice for yourself.
Judy
Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

Hi can I join in I,m like a turtle I,m moving slow and steady. I,m of to check out the stew I love my slow cooker always looking for new recipes..

Juls
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning ladies and Happy Friday!

Welcome to all the new folks... this is a great bunch of gals here and you will find lots of support and info here.

Well, I go to W/I tomorrow morning, I have not been there in weeks and I dread it but to get back on track I need to go... no matter how bad it is.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Princess
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #7  
Chick

newyearnewme Sure, join right in. We're always happy to have new members. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Princess, good luck on your WI. It's always scary to go back when you've missed a few weeks. I'm sending you : and I keep on trying to remember that this plan we are following (even though I slip up a lot) is a major lifestyle change for the better and I've learned a lot about better eating over the years.
Judy
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #8  

Welcome to : pamata and newyearnewme. I have 2 kids one is 2 1/2 and one is 5 months old. In 2006 i lost 20 pounds. I am now at about 24 or 25 pounds lost and have found it very difficult to get back on track after having my second child.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome newbies to our board! This is a great bunch of ladies & we all basically have the same issues. Slow weight loss.

I have been doing pretty good up here with my eating & exercise. Had 2 sessions last week with trainer, so have new exercise programme to work on -so that is my goal for this week. To get to gym at least 2 times & drink more water.

Take care & have a great weekend!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #10  

G,day ladies and thanks for the welcome, I don,t go to meetings I am doing it at home alone but I,m getting plenty of support on 3fc, my nearest meeting is about 30min drive away but I have been thinking about checking it out anyway as it is only once aweek I would like some advice on this do the meetings help. CherryAutumn congrats with your loss so far it sucks how we gain weight after a baby but our DH stays the same LOL bubby is only 5mths old and it takes about 12mths for your body to get back to normal so you,ll get there just don,t give up. Thanks again for making me feel welcome it is hard for me to just jump in but it helps so much when people are so nice.

Julie
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #11  

Hey Turtles,
Just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #12  

G,day lady turtles, just saying Hi, hope everyone is feeling and doing great.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday!

Busy weekend, I did go to W/I... oh my, I will not be missing anymore W/I's... it was bad but I am back on track and doing well so far.

NewYear: I think that going to meetings really make a difference for me... just my opinion though.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 11-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #14  

G,day ladies and thanks Princess I think I may go to a meeting and check it out, I have had afew comments from people I know and a couple of them say it keeps them honest and more motivated if they attend meetings.

Good luck to everyone and hope you are all doing well.

JULS
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Hello Turtles
Hope you are all great
to all the new Turtles
I went out and got treadmill last week and its been great.Will WI on Friday
Have a good one everyone
Go TURTLES
Closed Thread