Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default I feel like I am drowning

I'm wondering if this is a normal feeling others get, or not.

I start counting calories, I watch what I eat, I do fine for a few days, then WAMMO, it feels like I can't breath! It's as if the whole time I am trying to consume less, I am holding my breath. It's easy at first, but gets harder and harder as the days go on, until finally I EAT WHAT I WANT, WHATEVER IS IN SIGHT, and it feels like I can breath again!

This is my typical pattern, over and over. At this point I'm wondering why even try again. I know that sooner or later I can't keep holding my breath and eventually I will take a huge breath and eat like a mad woman!

I literally feel like a drowning person coming up for air when I binge! Why is that? I guess I should be more like a dolphin and come up for little bits of air from time to time. But I'm afraid I won't be able to just breath a little once the "air" is there to be breathed.

My analogy stinks, doesn't it? This is the only way I can describe how I feel.

Heidi
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #2  
Zandria

Height: 5'4''

I have hard times like that too. In past experience (because I was very healthy before) we just need to get through those tough periods somehow & then it will get better..the cravings will generally go away eventually. An example of this was that I always loved sweets especially ice cream and choc. I gave that up (along with many other things ) for lent when I was 16. After lent I no longer had to cravings and didn't start eating a lot of that crap again till 2003 when I started college. I now crave that stuff again because I need it...but I need to remember..its only food..its nothing more. Hope that helped!
ladyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Heidi, sounds like you are coping with what I call the Oh my God this is to hard syndrome, you say it feels like you can,t breath that you do good for a few day,s and then go crazy and eat whatever is in site, the big question is WHY what triggers this is it a fear of failure so you just say what the heck stuff it and give up. I don,t think so because I,m looking at your S/C/G 15LB is what it say,s you,ve lost so far and that is incredible, so now just find out what is the trigger for this set back. With me it was comfort eating once I admitted that to myself I looked for why I comfort ate, YOU aren,t going to give up, make a list of why you wanted to lose weight in the first place and another one for why you would want to carry the extra weight around I bet the list for losing the weight is longer than the one for keeping it on. Cravings suck but when we know why we get them they are easier to kick to the curb. Don,t tell your body it is on a diet rather tell it you have decided to have a healthy lifestyle change I know if my body hear,s the word diet it goes into melt down LOL. You already know there is alway,s plenty of support around here so you don,t have to feel alone and so overwhelmed, you can do this just want it bad enough and you will succeed we all try to find excuses but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. Hey look under your avatar your doing it this time REMEMBER... GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE...JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #4  
Zandria

Height: 5'4''

That is great advice..I should make a list too!
ladyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #5  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

girl i hear you...it is as if food is the only "answer" that makes sense for whatever it is you are feeling and it needs relief NOW. some times i can fight those urges. and sometimes i can't. like tonite. *SIGH*
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote