Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Default Surprise - I feel fat again - huh?

So last week I reached the 50lbs down milestone. I was super excited. In fact the last several weeks I've been feeling great about my body & how I'm looking. But now, suddenly for the last several days I've been feeling really fat & unhappy with my body again. Almost as severe as it was 50lbs ago.

Thanks for letting me share - this is bugging me & I don't have anyone else to tell.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I don't know the solution to this, but I have been feeling the same thing, I have gone off plan more often too. I feel fatter than a few weeks ago,and do not like this.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

No realsolution to this I actually think we all go through this whether at our ideal weight or working toward our ideal weight. Keep your head up your doing so well.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. It's truly amazing ^^

But I understand completely how you feel. I feel a ton better & all sexy one day, but the next... I just think "GAH I'm AWFUL!"

I don't think that only we feel this way, though. I believe most people have times like this. Where for whatever reason they just do not feel good about their bodies.

It doesn't always work, but when that happens to me, I usually try to exercise... to remind myself that my body has a purpose and it's good at moving me around. It's also getting stronger every day. And that the more I take care of it, the better it will be.

I hope you get out of that slump soon!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You are not alone-- everyone goes through that.. I think it is your mind struggling to keep up with your body changing.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Lifeguard congratulations on hitting a huge milestone. That was my first big goal and I DO remember it well. I was thrilled, but I was also a bit saddened by it. I couldn't stop thinking how it was such a shame that I NEEDED to lose 50 lbs, that I had more to go and ESPECIALLY that I waited so long to go ahead and finally get my act together and do what needed to be done in order to lose it. Then of course there's the fact that I actually started CARING about what I looked like for the first time in ages and I was getting super critical of myself. We will never be perfect, never. I was well aware of it when I started out on this journey. And boy was I right. But we really don't need perfection, do we? We just need to be healthy. Rid ourselves of all the added risks that being so overweight brings on. Become more active, more social and more productive. Those things WILL happen. And your feelings will improve over time. All this change does take getting used to. Your doing beautifully and you ARE a beautiful girl. Flaws, flab and what not. Hang in there. The best is yet to come, but why not embrace and celebrate all that you've ALREADY accomplished? You have sooo much to be proud of.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Lifeguard, I just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone. So many of us have mentioned feeling the same way, and I've been feeling it myself for quite a while now. I don't know if that's helpful in any way, but I just wanted to share. You're not alone and we understand

And congratulations, 50 lbs is AMAZING.

Last edited by beautifulone; 10-30-2007 at 03:36 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Oh I feel like that too. My husband says I'm worse now than I was before I lost any weight. I guess because I thought at my current weight I would have a nice body and not look so huge and jiggly but i'm still gross looking so I get really upset.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I love wearing smaller, cuter clothes and all, but I don't think my body looks all that great, in fact it's kind of more jiggly in some places and the girls are turning into empty shells of their former selves. But some days I feel really good and others I feel just as fat as when I started. I guess it's normal, sigh.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thank you everyone for your supportive words. It is comforting to know I'm not in this boat alone. I am determined to just keep on keeping on & get past this.

Thank you!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #11  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Just think how far you've come! You have done a ton of work and you deserve to feel proud of your body. Keep your chin up and keep going! You can get past this.....
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Honey, you so are not alone. I just hit the 50 lbs mark and I swear Ive been feeling the same way. I know we can get over this hump! ((HUGS)) Im here to talk anytime you need to.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

A few weeks ago, I hit 50 poiunds. Since then, I haven't been as motivated. I feel ashamed that I still fit into things tight with 50 lbs gone. I bought some new thigh highs. They are a bit tight and still the biggest size! I thought 50 lbs would look and feel better but it doesn't! It's so frustrating and at the same thing I think I'm getting sick which makes me not want to get back on my exercise plan.

But keep telling yourself, you've lost 50 pounds and you can do more!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 AM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Lifeguard,
I go through times like this too. Usually, it's right before TOM visits. I get depressed and start to feel ginormous. But, just remember that you're doing such a great job and no matter how you may feel today, tomorrow is always around the corner!

Your work at the gym is really inspirational, keep it up! You're doing great!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 AM   #15  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I'm another voice chiming in to say I also struggle with this.....BUT............I am trying to use this to my advantage! Because I do still feel fat and huge, it helps me keep focused that I need to keep on going and not relax or give up! I am using it kind of as a motivator. Sometimes I even play a little mind game with myself (childish, maybe, but it works)....I try to "forget" that I was 261 and think of my current weight as an outrageous high. Otherwise, I would get too comfortable with my success so far and let up on my efforts to get to my goal.

This feeling you are having is definitely "normal" for many of us, but maybe if we take the negative feeling and turn it around to work for us, we will win the mental game of our weight loss as well as keep moving toward our physical goals.

Hang in there! You are doing so well!! Your 50-lb loss IS VERY AWSOME!!!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote