Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something chat Tues. Oct 30th

Morning All!!!

Just got done 2 miles on treadmill & 150 crunches. I am going to try the treadmill/ Firm and switch off days, see if I can get things moving here. I DID lose another pound though (YAY!!)

BEB, good to hear from you!!! glad you are okay, sorry about not losing weight, I know how it feels to be working your butt off and nothing happens. I just had my bloodwork done/thyroid check last week. Of course everything is fine, which actually I am glad about, but a bad thyroid would have been an easy fix. So, I'm switching my eating plan around, adding more (different) cardio, cutting out beer (oh no!) and we'll see what happens.

Alicia, a BOO is when your doorbell rings and you answer it, there's no one there, but there is a little bag of goodies with a note & a pic of a ghost. YOu have to copy the note (instructions) and the pic of the ghost & make up another bag of goodies (candy, little toys, nothing expensive) and BOO somebody else without them knowing. Then you hang your copy of the ghost up on your front door to let everyone know you've already been booed. It's really cute & the kids love it. I haven't heard from the family we booed yet, I'll see the mom today at preschool, see if she says anything. Hopefully she didn't know it was us!

HOpe everyone has a wonderful day. DS is home sick...might take him to doc to see if it's strep. Don't want him to miss Halloween!!!

Later!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 AM   #2  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

That BOO sounds like fun, I'll have to keep it in mind for next year!

I've already had breakfast (2 eggs over easy, with 2 slices bread, a 5 point breakfast). I don't usually eat eggs but I was making them for the kids and they smelled so yummy!!!
Two boys are off to school, now we're killing time until the girls need to leave. Then I'm headed to the YMCA to do a class called "Terrific Tops"... something different. Wanted to do *something* today and Tuesday is not a good aerobics day at the Y!!
After that I'm off to do some Christmas shopping...fun!!!!!
Tonight, my boys have tae kwon do.
I have to watch my points. I should check what is for dinner NOW, so that I can plan accordingly.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all.
pam - now that makes sense. In the neighborhood where i walk my dog they have a piece of paper with a ghost hanging on the mailboxes or doors. Guess they are doing it too I was wondering what it meant.

Nothing exciting, just trying to get motivatd for work. Sometimes that's hard to do LOL...even hard when its cold outside
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Woo, 150 crunches?! I feel pretty noble when I manage 30!

I'm working till 5 today, with a hopefully not-too-dull 2 hour meeting in there somewhere. My kids will have leftover lasagne (made with ground turkey. Shhh! Don't tell them) for their supper, but I'll make a quiche and salad for DH and I. Since I'm working till 5, I'll do my treadmilling and weights after the kids are in bed. It's so much easier to do in the am, but I'm too lazy to get up early. This is the price I pay.

My breaky was oatmeal and a piece of rye toast. It was scrummy.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #5  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

I've been totally MIA for the past while. I've had a really hard time staying on plan...and I'm sitting up one pound 203.5. I'm determined to get into ONEderland in the next few weeks.

I had my Engagement photo shoot and when the photos came back some of them were so good and some made me feel so terrible about my weight I almost cried. It gave me the encouragement I think I needed to know that I don't want to look like that for my wedding photos. I still have six months before the wedding and I absolutely want to lose a minimum of 20 more lbs before that.

After the excitement of the wedding dies down I'm after another 30 lbs! I will be 150ish by the end of 2008! LOL That's my optimistic side talking.

Everyone ready for Halloween? I haven't even bought candy yet! The longer it's in the house the more tempted I am to eat it.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Ugh, I'm soo tired. Was dreaming a lot last night, don't remember about what though. Then of course the boys were both in bed with us.

Blue, Glad you checked in and everything is OK by you!

Tamara, It's really hard with wedding stuff to stay on plan and concentrate on weight loss. Hang in there!

Chrissy, I'm not sure I could handle 30 crunches w/o an ab roller or something! Dinner sounds yummy!

Treighsie, your breakfast sounds yummy too! Hmm, maybe I need to eat something? Nah, I'll just finish my coffee for now!

Pam, my idol, WTG on those crunches!

GG and everyone else!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ I like your idea of switching things up a bit. Did you ever take your measurements? Seeing loss of inches helps motivate when the scale isn't moving. We've been "booed" twice this year. It first happened on Sunday night and I immediately put the ghost picture on our front door. Last night I was reading to my kids when the doorbell rang again. Tonight it's our turn to be the "Phantom....."

Mornin' Tracy ~ christmas shopping? Hard to believe that it's almost November. Enjoy!

GG ~ did you ever get your schedule changed for the month of November? Not having a weekend off once a month is *not* right. Didn't they promise that before you started with this company? Hang in there Girlie...

Chrissy ~ "scrummy?" Scrumptious/yummy???

Tamara ~ that is a great picture! Is that one of your engagment photos?

The weather is gorgeous here this week. I spent hours in the backyard yesterday afternoon cleaning out flower beds, redistributing plants and planting some new stuff. Can't wait to see what it all looks like next spring. I still have to plant my tulips. I had two sick kiddies yesterday and they laid on the porch swing soaking up the fresh air while I worked. Everyone went back to school today so I'm enjoying the quiet... Happy Tuesday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey Lauren ~ we posted at the same time. Sharing sleep space with those two little monkeys of yours will definitely affect your zzzzzz's.... BTW, how is this new job going for you?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #9  
LBH

Joan, I hate it....'nuff said.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #10  
Badger and Packer Fan!!!

S/C/G: 315/ticker/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello
Tired WI chick checkin in. Was up late watching Monday Night Football. Still can't believe the Packers won in OT. Another nice day in my neck of the woods I plan to take at least a 40 minute walk later. Eating is good it's easy for me to stay away from Halloween Candy because I don't have and trick or treaters where I live.
Have a great day!!!
jessiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

hey all...just a quick lunch break. I had to run to the library to print out a fax for a CE conference i'm going to in Jan. Forgot to bring it to work and our work computer only allow access to certain sites.

joan - yes i did get the weekend off for nov...and yes when they hired me...they told me every other weekend off...which hasn't been the case. But like i said..come dec, I'm in charge of scheduling...and i've already talked to the other dr...she would love to work 2 long wkends and have 2 wkends off. So after the holidays pass..i think it will be highly possible.

welcome back tleef...20lbs should be doable, just hang in there. I think you are being reasonalbe about not trying to loose too much in 6 months. But if you start working out, you may find you really start toninig...which will help. Good luck...like the avatar btw.

hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #12  

Hi all!! I have been ubber busy and have not been able to even get to a computer.

Hanna, HOW ARE YOU? I think u may have called me...I didnt recognize the number and the message was all fuzzy. Are you OK?

Everyone else HI!!

My city did halloween this weekend and we did the replay of that fancy dinner. Not good for the diet but sooo good for the soul. I had a wonderful time with a great group of friends. In the middle, Rufus introduced me to everyone and got to make the rounds. I dont know, may be good for the shop- who know...

Bella was sooooo cute. She was Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I will post some pictures later today. Today she is in Boston celebrating the red sox win with my mom. I am psyched for her. Im sure she is having a blast.

Well, thats all been good with diet minus that dinner and have been keeping up with workouts and my ddr thing (sooo fun)!!

Talk to ya later!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!
I miss you all!

:Welcome3:Shar, Debbers, grazer, 1970baby, Jessiebug and Tracy good to have you here, looking forward to get to know you. And anyone I may had missed (sorry if I did)

Lauren how is your mom? is she doing OK after surgery? how are you grandparents?

Laurie I did call, sorry I missed you and sorry it was not a clear message, I was just calling to say hello!

Blue good to see you! I am glad you are seeing blue skies already not yet here in San Marcos! Don’t give up on the weight, you will start seeing changes soon! Are you enjoying the jog?

Lisa how are you? How is your job? Any news about the other position?

Sheila how are you? How are things going there? I think about you a lot.

1970baby you sure are dedicated if you can get up at 3 am to go to the gym, I am impressed!

Molly hi! Sorry about the garage sale!

GG I bet you are going to have much better hours when you are in control of the schedule! Sorry you don’t have more time off when you want it! Have you seen your horse?

Tamara I love your picture and congratulations on they loss, that is great! I am sure you are going to be able to loose the rest of your weight before the wedding!

Joan I love the boo thing, we were bood a couple of times last year, this year NOT, I don't think any one has had time to think about it. I love tulips! your yard sounds gorgeous! it is great to have nice weather in Oct,!

Pam good for you on changing your changing your routine a little bit, it is good for you~

Chrissybean at least you are getting your exercise! Even if you are doing it at night

Tracy have fun shopping!

Alicia don’t be to hard on yourself about gaining 3 Lbs. you have too much going on, sound like you guys are planning to move. I know you were not to sure about that. I hope it is a good move!

a million :thanx: for all your wonderful thoughts and messages!
It has been crazy around here, but things are slowly getting back to normal. The air quality is terrible. Can complaint thought, I still have a roof over my head, my family is OK. Michael's parents stayed w/us must of last week with their dog who sheds all over the place and my little dudes were very afraid of him even though they are all the same age, but Rascal (MIL’s dog) is an English Springer spaniel and the little dudes are yorkies, it was quiet uncomfortable but I didn't want them to go home, as crazy as it sounds, in the first part of the week I was truly worried about their house burning, the neighborhood right behind the literarily in their back yard is Rancho Santa Fe and they were pretty bad affected by the fires. Then I didn't want them to go cause I wanted dad (FIL) to have a break, I was able to help him with mom. + Sean was really enjoying having them here, I would had preferred if they stayed another day or 2 but they wanted to go home, so while they were packing all their stuff to go back home I was very busy in the kitchen cooking for them to take food home, I didn't want dad to have to come home and get settled again and have to worry about food, they took enough food for about a week and some stuff to freeze they were very appreciative. After they left I had to clean the house from top to bottom, we hired some people to come and clean but I had to be here and watch, and kind of put things back in order. I had a huge fight w/my mother over the phone and that took a lot of energy out of me she is a witch! The last couple of days I kind of "checked off" I have not been answering the phone, and I didn't even bother to turn the puter on, I was just exhausted! I am trying to get back into the normal routine but to be honest I am in no rush!
Today I have to go run some errands, I promised the teacher in Sean's class room I was going to be sending some goody bags for Halloween for each kid in the class room there is only 9 of them. I want to make it fun for them, several of them are foster kids and I think a couple of them are residential children (the live in the school campus). So I got to go get in the shower and get ready to go. Oh by the way Michael has not mention another word about my shopping trip and the over spending $350. Which I am glad, cause I didn't want to take anything back, LOL. I am very bad

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #14  
LBH

Hanna!! Finally!! We've all been very worried about you! Glad you and your family are OK.

My family is still falling apart. Gran is now on Hospice and was supposed to get a wheelchair and Oxygen today. Gramps is still in the rehab complaining that he wants to go home. Mom is still in the hospital and just found out this AM that her wound developed a staph infection and it is MRSA!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, I am so happy to hear from you and glad you are all safe! You are so kind hearted, making all that food for your inlaws and the halloween bags for Sean's class. Just remember to take it easy. I am glad your DH forgot about the purchases. You've been through so much. You guys need a vacation!

Pam, hope DS doesn't have strep. I am mad, I have never been booed! I guess someone has to start it though. I will keep it in mind next year and maybe start it myself.

tleef, that is a very nice pic, I've said before I love photos taken from behind.

Geez there are alot of newbies today, welcome everyone.

Hey everyone else, I know I missed a few.

I am wondering if something is wrong with me that I can't fiugure out simple 2nd grade english? I think my mind has stopped working or is taking a break today.

DS tells me yesterday, so seriously "I am not dating yet" (he's 8yrs old). Goes on to tell me who all was dating "Hayden is dating (his 9yr old friend)" and so on. I thought it was just hilarious.

I haven't exercised in a week, maybe thats why i feel so tired. Gonna try and get back in the swing of things by tomorrow.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote