Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #1  

Default Lose 3 lbs each month!

Hey everyone! I found this really neat tip from Glamour about how to lose 3 lbs each month. Here's what it said:

"At this point you’re pretty good at putting one foot in front of the other—and walking is one of the best workouts out there, says Pamela Peeke, M.D., author of Body for Life for Women. Walk about 30 minutes a day and you’ll give your metabolism an ongoing boost, strengthen your heart and burn calories—about 100 to 130 per mile, if you go at a good clip. “You want to cover about a mile every 15 minutes. It’s more of a brisk walk, not a stroll,” says Dr. Peeke. Do this every day for the rest of the month, and you could easily lose up to three pounds. No need to cram it into one half-hour-grab 10 minutes in the morning, 10 at lunch and 10 after work."

How easy is that! I just thought I'd share this with all of you. Check out Glamour for more tips. Once you register you'll be part of their 30 day makeover where you'll get daily beauty/health tips. You'll also be entered to win a 3 day spa trip for two to Los Angeles airfare/hotel included.

Last edited by coopieluvr; 10-30-2007 at 03:06 PM.
coopieluvr is offline   Reply With Quote