Old 10-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus: Oct 29-Nov 4

Hi, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and more slender bodies.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-29-2007 at 07:23 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

Hi Everyone.

Well, its recommitment time again for me...in a big way. I crashed and burned this weekend. Too much eating out and I didn't even attempt to stay on-plan. I am very aggravated with myself as I have a 1.4 pound gain as a reward for my indulgences. Clothes wise, it was a great weekend. I was able to find a nice winter coat and I was pleasantly surprised at the smaller size that fit me. And, I found some nice graphic T-shirts yesterday in a size XL from the "regular" ladies department. And, I noticed that my size 24 jeans were fitting a little looser. I'm really not sure why I sabotaged myself this weekend. There was no major trauma or life event to blame. Maybe I got too confident. Or, maybe the old habits are still lurking too close to the surface and need to be dealt with. I'm not sure. I do know that I don't like how I feel today....a bit depressed and extremely sad about my weight gain. But, I'm also feeling extremely determined to lose the weight I've gained plus more this week.

On a good note....my visit with the orthopaedist went well. He took X-rays of my knees and did some "manipulating" and he doesn't think I've done anything major to my knees. Whew! He said it looks like I did too much too fast and strained my knee. He gave me some exercises to strenghten my leg muscles that protect my knees and he gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. He doesn't want me on the treadmill for another 2 weeks!...and, only for 30 minutes with no incline. I'm not sure I'll wait that long as my knee isn't given me any trouble at all right now. I haven't worked out since Oct 18. I do need to get over to the running store and get my gait analyzed and buy some good shoes before I even think about getting on the treadmill again.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-29-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
Rhonda, I am glad you knee is not as bad as you thought, and I wouldn't sweat it on the bad weekend, I have been having them off and on,and I refuse to give up!! Congrats on the XL top, I am still to afraid to go into regular size clothing, they look so small!!
I have a busy day today, I took hubby to work at 5:20 this morning, came back, got on the elliptical for 40 minutes until 7:30, and stopped to eat breakfast, and get ready to take my dd to the eye doctor, I was supposed to take my ds, but He is a pain in the butt of a teenager, so I sent him to school, I was just so angry I didn't want to take him with me, The eye doctor is 30 minutes away from here, so I need to hurry up take a fast shower, do my dd hair, get dressed, and off I am. I hope to lift weights, and get some exercise in soon, but I am not sure.
bkfst was oatmeal, and a banana
lunch will be tuna
dinner ..I am making pasta e fagioli
snacks.. fiber one bar, pear, pretzels.
I can do this today!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Rhonda, you'll get it back this week. Don't worry about that bad weekend. It happens to all of us. Glad your knee isn't too bad!

Cheryl... Ugh! Teenagers! Moods! Attitudes! I feel your pain.

I had a good weekend of being on plan. I got some exercise, so that was good. I only lost .2 pounds, but that's ok for now. I need to see much more of a decrease though! I'm going to try to kick it up a notch.

I planned meals this weekend before going to the grocery store. That seemed to work pretty good. I'll try to keep doing that!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I did great the first few days after I returned to 3FC but then I sorta half-heartedly kept going. I'm having huge problems staying motivated. I'll think to myself "I shouldn't eat this but..." and then I do it anyways!

I think my biggest problem at the moment is exercise. When you're really big, it's no picnic.

That brings me to my Goal for this week
1: Drink more water
2: exercise at least 3 times this week
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Had a little battle with some chocolate this weekend and guess who won!
Back on track today!
Breakfast was V8, 2 turkey sausages, and a hard boiled egg.
Last night I made a big pot of Stuffed Pepper Soup, so that will be lunches all week hopefully.
Dinner tonight is Chicken Tikka Masala and steamed broccoli.
Here's the dinner plan for the rest of the week:
Tuesday: Tacos/Taco Salad
Wednesday: London Broil, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Salad
Thursday: Something Fish
Friday: Make-your-own WW Pita Pizza

Slashni, having meals all planned out makes my week go so much more smoothly and makes it just that much easier to stay on plan! I really suffer when I don't plan ahead.
Rhonda, glad the knee is not so bad! Let's get back on track together!
Hellokitty, hope your day wasn't too crazy!

In case you're wondering why all the soup, it's freezing here!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I had a pretty good weekend - great in fact! In the evenings when I started to feel a little deprived, I made quite the production of making a nice pot of tea, got out a lovely cup and saucer, and had a few organic ginger snaps (15 for 140 cals!!! I never eat that many as they're very ginger-y!)

brk today - scoop cottage cheese, banana, kashi granola bar, coffee
lunch - leftover w.w. pasta & tomato sauce, salad
dinner - chicken & green beans, w.w. bun
snacks - apple, few more ginger snaps

keep on keepin' on girls !
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Rhonda--I'm right w/ you for recommitting today. Awesome shopping! Yahoo! I'm really glad that you got good news at the dr. Between the exercises and the new shoes you'll be as good as new!

Cheryl--Wow, busy morning for you! You CAN do this today!!!

Diane--Congrats on the loss! Yea for planning meals!

Heather--Sounds like you have set some good goals for yourself this week. What do you do for exercise?

Schmoodle--Mmm, your dinners for this week sound yummy!

Trazey--Good for you!

As I said to Rhonda, I need to recommit today. I did better on Sunday, but not great. I know I CAN do this and I WILL do this! I am going to start posting my workout plan at the beginning of the week...hopefully that will help me stick w/ a bit better.

Monday--arms/shoulders and cardio
Tuesday--legs/back and cardio
Wed--cardio
Thurs--not sure, it's my 2nd injection, so I may give myself the day off
Fri--arms/shoulders and cardio
Sat--cardio

I am going to the gym right after work. If it is still nice when I get home, the dogs will be going for a walk too!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #9  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everybody!

Well, I got through a Monday, PMSing like crazy but didn't hit the chocolate. That's gotta be good, right? I went to the gym after work and did a 45 minute workout. Considering that last Monday I only managed 32 minutes, that's gotta be good, right? Dinner wasn't so good - a distant relative is in town at the moment, so I agreed I'd meet them at their motel for a catch up. Their motel is right across the road for the gym. I intended to just stop in for a few minutes and have some water. They had other ideas, and bought takeaways. Oh well - that's my takeaway for the week.

Today we're expecting to get to 26 degrees (Celsius - about 79 degrees Farenheit) so it's getting up there for this time of the year. I'm going to the gym again tonight - and feeling really good about being committed as well. Lunch is going to be Sundays leftovers which were supposed to be last night's dinner - lamb fillet which I'll turn into a salad. Dinner will be a chicken stirfry with whatever vegies I've got leftover - payday tomorrow, so the fridge is starting to look very sad.

Rhonda, fantastic that your knee's only strained and that you've been able to get some exercises to do! The weekend is done now - just move on. I know -easy to say but not to do

Cheryl, hopefully things start calming down for you soon. You've been so busy for so long!

Diane, it's still a loss. Keep up the good work!

Heather, just keep at it. I know it's easier said than done, but even if you go for a 10 minute walk 3 times a a day - there's 30 minutes of exercise right there. Post here - we keep each other motivated!

Schmoodle, great job with planning those menus for the week. Some of those recipes sound so nice - I've been thinking we may need to look at reviving the old recipe thread. I know we've got the chicken one, which is great, but a general thread would be fun.

Tracey, you rock. You totally do. What a fantastic way to beat the blues.

Have a great day everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #10  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Lots of re-commitments going on! Halloween is just around the corner, I bet that has something to do with it. I'm doing pretty good today, For breakfast I had a granola bar, and for lunch I had some veggie and beef soup, and then for a snack I had 1/2 a sandwich and some veggie chips. For dinner I think I'll have an all-beef hot dog. They are left over from my party so we're trying to eat them up before they go bad... since we're all poor and stuff again. I have some pictures from the party I'll share with you guys soon! I just haven't had time to grab them off my camera... busy busy busy!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #11  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Breakfast this morning was a banana and a strawberry yogurt with some granola mixed in.

Lunch was one package of grits with some sliced turkey breast and homemade salsa thrown in, a side salad, and a big orange.

For dinner, I used up the leftover zucchini we had and cooked a small amount of spaghetti, threw the zucchini in with some fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic, and called it pasta of some kind.

I also rocked the dreadmill for 45 minutes today, broken up into three 15 minute sessions.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good morning all,
yesterday I ate a little too much of healthy foods, ( too much soup, too much healthy snacks),, I am not beating myself up about it, it happened its done.
Today I am going to get all my exercising in, after I take dd to school, and make some steel cut oatmeal( bought some the other day, and today's weather is perfect for it), get some cleaning done, and do my darnest to stick to plan.
bkfst....... oatmeal, banana.
lunch..... veggie burgers.
dinner......... some shrimp.... 2 tortillas,
snacks..... ?? I ate the only healthy snacks I have, may have to go out and get more..
Have a good day!! cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:51 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone!

It is so cold today. I've heard that cold weather can make our bodies burn more calores by trying to keep warm....so, bring it on! Yesterday wasnt a great day for staying on-plan. I didnt eat too many calories, but I did eat off-plan foods. I'm really having a hard time getting my head back where it should be. I think part of it may be that Hubby hasn't been planning on-plan menus or cooking on-plan foods and he's not been giving me any fore-warning. The first thing I will do when he wakes up today is ask him what the menu is for the day....then, I will plan for myself if necessary. I'm also itching to get back on the treadmill. My knees don't hurt at all anymore. I just want to go buy my new shoes and get going again, but Hubby is giving me a hard time about listening to the doctor. But, its been since the 18th that I've worked out, so I think I would be safe to try 30 minutes. I think the 2 weeks the doctor specified should start as of the 18th.....right?

Cheryl - I absolutely love my steel cut oatmeal. I cook up a batch on Sunday and refrigerate it for the next few days. It really starts my day off on the right track....plus, it is yummy!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #14  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I went to the gym right after work even though I was running a little late--I have used this as my excuse many times not to go....I did my planned workout and felt great! I had the free weight room to myself for most of the time I was there which was kind of cool.
Nicole--You are doing great!

Rakel--Can't wait to see the pics!

Sara--Mmm, your dinner sounds great! Awesome job 45 mins of the treadmill!!!

Cheryl--Have a great day today!

Rhonda--Good luck deciding on what to do re: the treadmill....just be careful!

As I said yesterday, today is legs/back and cardio. I have already started drinking water and I packed my lunch today!

Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Okay, every morning is an opportunity to stay on plan, right? Actually I did okay yesterday, just tired of being so hungry. I think it's TOM and the weather combined. Rhonda, we may be burning more calories, but I think that makes me want to eat more too! This morning I made a ham & cheese sandwich on WW pita. Hope that's substantial enough to hold me. Have a good one chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote