Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Sugar-free flavor syrups??

I read on a few other threads about people using sugar-free flavor syrups to flavor yogurt and other non-sweetened items. (I think I remember DaVinci and Torani as the brands mentioned most..)

I was just wondering where can you find them? And which flavors are your favorites? I just bought some plain yogurt and have one or two things I can flavor it with, but I'm a person who needs variety.

Any 3FCers know??
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #2  

Ooh thank you! Anyone else?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I order DaVinci's SF syrup from Netrition. My favorites are the toasted hazelnut, english toffee & the vanilla. I use them in my Fage greek yogurt with a little cinnamon...delish!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #4  

I love Sugar free torani. I get mine at cost plus. I recently found a link on another web site to place that sells them, including shipping for soemthing like 5.73 a bottle, if you buy 12 at a time. I am going to place an order with them this week because they carry many mkore flavors than I have found at the store.. sugar free peanut butter for one! I'll go see if I can find the link. here it is http://syrup2u.com/ a case of 12 is 57.00, mix and match flavors as well as manufacturers. Including shippng it would be about 73.00 for me. Good deal IF you know you like the stuff!

Last edited by LindaT; 10-29-2007 at 03:16 PM.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I like sugar-free Torani and I get mine from Cost Plus as well. But I'm going to have to try that website if I can get more flavors there. The sugar-free flavors at my Cost Plus are a little limited (although annoyingly they have lots of flavors or the regular syrup--those of us that want sugar-free or fat-free foods are always discriminated against).

I use the syrup in fat-free plain yogurt, add fresh fruit, toasted wheat germ, and cinnamon and I have a fruit and yogurt parfait to rival McD's. I also use the syrup in tea, coffee, smoothies, and oatmeal.

Feb 2009 Update: I'm sorry to report that I've had a bad experience with syrup2u for Torani sugar-free syrups. They never shipped my last order to me, despite charging my credit card for it. Worse, all inquiries I've made to the company have gone unanswered. I'm currently disputing the charge and have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Given their lack of customer service, I wouldn't recommend that anyone else order from them.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 02-15-2009 at 05:44 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #6  

Barbara,

I just placed my first order for 12 bottles at this site today. I'll let you know how quickly they come. They ship from Sacramento so me being jsut a few hours south of there, I would expect it would get here quickly. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to trying the sugar free peanut butter on some fat free frozen yogurt! I got french vanilla, chocolate, vanilla bean, peanut butter, chocolate macadamia nut and white chocolate. I am not much for the fruity flavors, obviously :-)
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #7  

I just found 2 flavors (vanilla and hazelnut) at the Shaw's here...I wish there were more, but maybe I'll just have to order them online.

My new favorite snack is TJ's High Fiber Cereal and Greek Yogurt with the hazelnut syrup and a little cinnamon. YUM YUM!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
Barbara,

I just placed my first order for 12 bottles at this site today. I'll let you know how quickly they come. They ship from Sacramento so me being jsut a few hours south of there, I would expect it would get here quickly. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to trying the sugar free peanut butter on some fat free frozen yogurt! I got french vanilla, chocolate, vanilla bean, peanut butter, chocolate macadamia nut and white chocolate. I am not much for the fruity flavors, obviously :-)
I got my case of syrups last night. I ordered it on the 29th, they shipped on the 31st and I got it yesterday. Huge box, very well packed. No broken bottles. I got exactly what I ordered too, so no screw ups. I has the sugar free peanut butter in some fat free greek yogurt last night and it was tasty. I also had some sf vanilla bean in some mineral water. That was also good.

When I run out of this stuff and I know it won't be soon, I'll definitley order from this place again.