Old 10-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Numbered Plans--help

Hi!

I have a question I am on plan 3 with no lites, I don't do them I am 163 lbs and have been this weight since June, it is now almost the end of October... And I still will lose a pound gain a pound, I was wondering for those on the numbered plans what ones are you on?? or if anyone knows which one you should be on for the my weight let me know, My center just keeps telling me it will come but I am at the end of my ropes and getting rather frustrated with the whole thing... Help!!!!

Stacie
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Stacie, to me it sounds like you are on too high of a plan, but I am by no means an expert. Do you exercise a lot (over 5 hours a week). If you are not exercising extensively and COD isn’t helpful, try calling the LAWL number 1-800-LAHELP1.

I do not do lites, and when they switched me to the numbered plans months ago, they put me on plan 3, but told me I wasn’t far from the weight they moved to plan 2 (I think it was 185). I am 5’5, so close to your height and I was 194 lbs. at the time…
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Stacie,
Sorry you are having a tough time of it. I am on plan 2 with lites and when I started on plan 2 I weighed 161. If you are not using the lites, I believe they have you on the right plan.

Why don't you post your daily menu on the October menu thread so that some of us who are on the numbered plans can see what you are choosing for your foods? I just bumped up that thread to make it easier for you to find.

I know for myself and in talking to others that the starches are sometimes a concern. Since I was someone who moved from the color coded plans to the numbered plans, I use a very conservative approach to the starches.

For example, in the plan book, it states that 2 slices of light bread are 1 starch; light English muffin is 1 starch. I treat these two choices as 2 starches. I use the "old" concept that a bread starch is between 50-60 calories. So I undercount my starches in my planning and that is acceptable. Then I x off the 2 starches in the menu tracker instead of just 1 starch. Maybe you are someone who cannot process starches as easily as others can.

I also try to use the starchy vegetables when possible in lieu of bread. I have learned that you do not have to have the full serving of a food. Don't skimp food categories - make sure you eat them all especially the fat category. You need to consume fat to start your body burning fat.

If I think of other suggestions, I will post those ideas. I hope others will give their suggestions as well.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  

Does anyone else undereat their portions? Lynn, your COD doesn't say anything to you?

I have been plateaud for many months now...COD checks my diary and asked that I record portion sizes I was eating. I could never get away with undereating my portions...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #5  

A friend of mind is doing the plan and weighs in the 170 range. She was started on Plan 2.

Last edited by Dee72; 10-26-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Dee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #6  

Patsy,
I measure and record everything I eat. But, for instance, I may only eat 1/2 cup of fiber one instead of 3/4 cup which is the full serving. I eat all of my food categories, but maybe not the the full serving amount. I record exactly what I eat so they can see what I am doing. I had one Counselor comment that it was a wise thing to do since I am a slow loser.

I also try to eat just one bar and day and then for my other lite I will use a shake or a lite drink.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  

okay will try that, I will post my menu and no I don't exercise more then 5 hours a week I really don't have the time for that..

Stacie
Old 10-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #8  

Lynn, I am moving to your COD *lol*

My COD is the opposite. I am not allowed to undereat anything. I basically plateaud in April/May and have struggled to lose since. COD has guaranteed my weight loss even though I don't do lites, but condition is I have to eat everything exactly as stated

To me what you are doing makes a lot more sense. I am at the point I may tell COD to shove their guarantee. What good is going to COD doing me if I don't lose?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Stacie,

I have noticed if I drink a lot of diet coke, it seems to slow down my weight loss. By the way, your weight loss amount is great!!! I can't wait to be 163!!
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #10  
Tina

Hi Stacie,
I'm on Plan 3 with Lites. I was told that I would switch plans when I reached 188 pounds and since your lower than that I would ask your COD.

Tina
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

What is the difference between the number plans and the color plans? I started the Green plan 2 summers ago and I've just started it agin this week without the COD. Is the number plan better?
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #12  

hey still hanging on at 163 lbs getting very frustrated and my COD just keeps telling me it will come and I don't exercise all the much not a lot.

I am starting to think I am not on the right plan

Stacie