WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 10-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default How to count something question

Hi! This is a basic question.

A 16-ounce bottle of Honest Tea is 30 calories, and WW's etools counts it as 1 point.
2 bottles of Honest Tea is (are?) 60 calories, and WW's etools counts that as 1 point.

A 20 ounce bottle of Gatorade (my new addiction) is 50 calories, or 1 point.

Can you double the serving (that is, if I drink the two Honest Teas, count it as 60 calories, or 1 point)? I have the same question for bread sometimes. 2 slices counted individually are 4 points, counted together, they're 3 points.

What do you do?
trinks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Make sure you are looking at the servings per container when you read your labels. When I look up gatorade on www.calorieking.com it says 50 calories for 1/4 of a bottle (8.1 oz.) My advice would be to try not to get addicted to Gatorade because of the sugar, but if that's what helps you succeed then by all means enjoy, just make sure that you're counting properly. I've been suckered in by those labels, sometimes a bottle of some drink will say 2.5 servings per container, like somehow you can divide that up while you're drinking. Maybe if you water it down, you can get in some of your water with your gatorade if you're having trouble getting in your water.

I'm sure one of the moderators will come in and clear up the "how to count your points" issue. I believe that when you eat say two pieces of bread you double everything and figure out your points, it's that fractional bit that sometimes works in your favor, but sometimes works against you.

Best of luck and stick with it, it works.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #3  

Thank you!!! You're absolutely right -- it is 50 calories for 8 ounces, the fiends! That's 250 calories a bottle. bye-bye Gatorade!!!!

Even the Honest Teas are 2 servings in a bottle -- 60 calories rather than 30, but that's better.

I am aware of the labels usually. It never occurred to me that it would affect something like a bottled drink, which is obviously intended to be consumed by one person.
trinks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Fiends is a good way of putting it, nicer than I was thinking
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Along the same idea of the Gatorade, here's my gripe, lol. I'm all for portion control, but get aggravated when certain recipes promise low points per serving, then see that the serving is extra small! I can't get excited about 1/24th of a dish served in a 9 x 9 pan!

Also, cereal box info can send me over the top, lol. Who wants only 1/2 or 3/4 cup of cold cereal unless that's just part of your breakfast? Reading those labels is crucial!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  
Tp7

Height: 5'4"

So let me get this stright, when I eat more than 1 serving I should double the calories and get my new points for that? Is that the best way to figure it out? I normally eat more than one serving I guess thats why I'm here posting! lol Thanks
Tp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes that is the way you do it IF you are eating it at the same time.

FYI Gatorade has a new product out G2 or something that is very low in points for that type product (I think it is 10 or 15 calories for an 8 oz serving).
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote