Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #1  

Arrow excited and nervous

i'm really excited at how well i've done so far on WW. i'm not bragging, i guess i'm just surprised that i've stuck with it for a whole 3 weeks and i'm not ready to give up yet! i ususally don't stick with a diet for more than 1-2 weeks, if that long!

i'm nervous too though because i've been losing pretty fast - 9 1/2lbs in 3 weeks - and i know that sometimes people lose fast at first and then hit a plateau. i shouldn't be thinking about the "what if's" but i do. i am the type of person who focuses on what's going to happen months or years down the road in all areas of my life. but i need to just focus on what i'm doing right now and staying on track instead of worrying that i'm going to fail again.

anybody else have this problem?
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #2  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

hey girl, yeah I know what you mean. I always get really excited at the start of a diet because the weight comes off so fast and it's a rush to see those numbers go down farther and farther but as my body starts to get use to my new regime the weight loss tends to stall a little bit and that's usually when I am tempted to cheat and get off the bus for the millionth time. I just want to encourage you to stick with it!! (I'm also speaking to myself as well) it's not easy but you just have to know how worth it it'll be reaching your goal. If you stick with it you WILL get there.
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I have terrible follow through. I get all excited in the beginning then begin to lose focus once I plateau and the weight loss slows down. I think we all look ahead especially when you have a decent amount of weight to lose. Its normal.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #4  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

I agree. I sometimes don't give myself enough credit for losing say 3 or 4 lbs because I have like 130 to lose and those small numbers just don't seem like enough. But I keep telling myself that it's all those 3's and 4's adding up that is going to take me where I want to go. one day at a time.
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #5  

thanks girls!that helps

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 10-22-2007 at 10:35 AM.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote