Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Shoes

I need a new pair of shoes. My exercise is walking in the desert sand, rocks and hills. On Fitday, the closest description of what I do is "cross country hiking".

I have narrow (AA) feet and I tend to think salespeople who tell me to just lace the shoe tighter are wrong. There are so many shoes at so many price points, I don't know where to start.

I am thinking about something between $75-100, although I am open minded about price.

Suggestions?
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

if you are walking in areas of hills, sands and rocks..you really need to invest in good hiking books. They might be heavier than sneaks but they will support your feet and ankles on the rocks. Go to REI or any good outdoors store and they can help fit you. I know REI doesn't work on comission, and i've had great success with them (if one is near), i had a great guy who helped me figure out how to properly lace up the boots and found one that fit my wide foot (sometimes harder than narrow). I really think you do need to think about hiking boots vs sneakers. They will support your ankles. Also, it may help protect against snakes and scorpions better than sneakers will. Also, in regards to REI...they will take ANYTHING back even if you've worn it outdoors...that's why i love the store. Hope that helped.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote