Old 10-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Shockingly RUDE!

So I take my friends kids to play in the park, have a good time, and then take them to McDonald's for their lunch (no worries, I'm SO over the allure of micky d's) and we're waiting in line and this obnoxious woman with her 3 brats (sorry, no need for namecalling of children!) and there was this very very large man sitting by himself and eating a meal -- the woman says in a VOICE THIS LOUD

'YOU SEE KIDS THAT'S WHY WE DON'T COME HERE - YOU EAT THIS AND YOU'LL BE AS FAT AS THAT GUY"

OMG I couldn't believe it!!! My friend's little girl GOD LOVE HER, is about 10 and said to me (also kinda loud) "aunt tracey that was mean of her to say about him" I hugged her!

people! ugh!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #2  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Wow!!! That's where my mouth would SO get me in trouble. I think I would have had to say something. Just shaking my head at people!
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #3  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut in that situation. It bothers me to no end when people act like since we're fat, we must be deaf, made of teflon, stupid, and a bevy of other less-than-desirable things.

Some people just irritate me to NO end.

Last edited by xtrisaratops; 10-20-2007 at 02:48 PM.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #4  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Idiot!! No regard for someone's feelings!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #5  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I'd be biting my tongue not to say something like: "Dear, he may be fat, but he can lose weight. You'll always be ignorant."

Why do people think they've got the right to make such comments?
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Wow.. that was rude. But maybe (hopefully) the lady overheard your niece saying how rude that was of her to say that. Nicolen- I love that comeback!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #7  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

I probably would have said:

Are hot dogs contents the excuse we should use for how you've turned out?

*As we all know the joke that they are made from lips and A$$HOLES!*
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Yeah me and my mouth

I'd have probably turned to my children and in an equally loud voice said "see kids, that's why I teach you to be nice and polite instead of rude and obnoxious like SOME people!" and then give her the evil stare.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #9  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hehe I'm filing away all those come-backs in case the situation ever comes up again!

I wonder if I've gone thru life with blinders on now...what if someone's said stuff like that about ME??? GULP!!!

I can honestly say I've never experienced anyone being mean to me because of being heavy, maybe because I'm funny and I'd laugh first and the loudest they wouldn't bother?

There's SO MANY reasons not to like a person, weight or colour or religion are not one of them -- way too easy!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #10  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

I swear, the more people I meet, the more I love my dogs.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

That poor man! Perhaps that woman dosent understand that what goes around is going to come back at her. Karma! Pity her momma never taught her the power of kindness.

I bet you wanted to slap her & hug him.

Take care & you go lady for being strong in Mickey's!

Marylynn
Dulaneycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #12  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

My goodness, that is awful! There is NO reason to act that way! It really bothers me when people judge other people's behaviour, especially without understanding the motives for it. I hope the guy didn't hear and I dearly hope her children grow up with more understanding and compassion towards people than she so crudely did not display.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Oh my some people. I wouldn't of been able to keep quiet I'd said something. That was very rude of her. Way to go to your friends daughter bless her heart.
keeperofthehome4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Trazey, what I think is funny is that she was pointing out the reason they don't come to McDonald's and yet, wasn't she AT MCDONALD'S?
I'm also amazed that you've never had a mean comment aimed at you. You're very lucky, it's no fun. I just got one the other day, walking down the street, feeling good because I've lost 40 lbs. and walking is not exhausting for me any more, and some guy that was passing yelled from his pickup truck "I like the way your butt shakes!" Brought me down for a few minutes, but only a few. Whether you're heavy or thin, there's going to be ignorant, rude people in the world.
Your friend's little girl is a sweetie, and it's awesome that the comeback came from her because it probably had more impact on the woman that way, if it had any at all, which, let's be honest, it probably didn't because she's stupid to begin with!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

This is going to sound strange, but think about it.....
You know, I never thought of this before, but I think there may be a "tiny" advantage to being obese. Perhaps it gives you more compassion. You KNOW how it feels to be made fun of, and how you don't like it. You can empathize with others when you see it done to them. Know what I mean? I truly don't think I've ever met an overweight person who would be SO insensitive to point out other peoples' physical shortcomings. If being overweight has contributed to my sensitivity to others' plights, I'm glad of it!!
(Not that I want to stay that way! Makes me want to stay on plan even more!!!)
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote