Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #1  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Fit day Versus My daily Plate

okay, i've been using "my daily plate" for a while now. It has been working wonderfully, but i hear everyone here raving about fitday. Has anyone both mydailyplate.com and fitday.com? what are the advantages of both?
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  

I'm just wondering is mydailyplate.com free?
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #3  
Rop tú mo baile

yes. they have a free membership. They also have extras you can buy for a subscription fee of either 30 bucks for 6 months, or 45 for a year...i have previewed it. it's neat. they have a feature that is called the "custom nutrition lable" they show you what everything you eat all day had in it nutrition wise, but they also keep track of most of taht stuff for a person who doesn't subscribe. you keep charts on weight, fat intake, cholesterol intake, fiber consumption, sodium, carbs and protein...i think there might be more besides just general calories.. they not only keep track for the day, but show your monthly totals, too. They also suggest how many you should eat for your height weight and activity level..although i think they are a bit on the high side for me, so i kindof over estimate how much i want to lose a little...it helps. their graphs use java, so they are pretty and interactive.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #4  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I've been using fit day off and on for a year, I've also tried calorie king, and now I have just signed up for my daily plate. I will let you know how they compare! I am always looking for something that fits me and how my brain works, so we will see.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 AM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Hands down- Mydailyplate.com rocks. I love the group interaction, the constant updated database, and the weight managment section. It vaguely reminds me of myspace meets calorieking/fitday. Fitday.com can kiss-it. Mydailyplate even has a place to keep track of fluid intake.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #6  
Rop tú mo baile

my favorite feature is that it shows you things that would be slightly better choices before you eat the thing you are thinking of eating...

i also like the interactive graphs.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Wow! I just signed up and it's great. I'm very excited, because I've tried just about every software out there. This one is very nice. I also got the membership.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

I use fitday (just for a week) but since you´re talking such wonderful things about mydailyplate.com, i´ll go check it out!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Wow, mydaily plate consideres your HR during exercise.. that´s excelente!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #10  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

I've used both, and I'd have to say thedailyplate is better hands down. It's more interactive, has more/better graphs, and better tracking, and it has a lot more things already there for you to add to your daily tracking. It also has lots of fast foods and restaurant foods listed in case you go out and need to know what the calories of the different dishes are.
wrdfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

I only used fitday briefly but I use thedailyplate now and think it's a lot easier to find items. I recommend The Daily Plate.
katie3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #12  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

I'm also changing to my dailyplate!! its awesome!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #13  

I love the daily plate I just started using it and find it much easier than other sites I've tried. It has alot of trader joe's stuff in there which I eat alot of. And it's very easy for me to use.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #14  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I just signed up for Daily Plate last night, and I already love it. What's funny is, I was going to ask the same question about whether FitDay is better because everyone here talks about it so much!

As a newbie to Daily Plate, can anyone tell me if the following things are possible:
-Counting water beyond 8 glasses a day? I go way above that, and would love to keep track.
-Easy way to add a recipe? I don't want to add it to the database, because it's not something you buy, but it's kind of annoying just to add it as extra calories without keeping track of what it is. Right now I got around it by using NutritionData.com to calculate it and save it (I LOVE nd for storing my recipes), and then using the journal space to post what my extra calories are. However, that doesn't solve the problem of adding the extra fat, fiber, vitamins, etc.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I still like Nutridiary best because it has the best "meals" function. You can enter recipes and then duplicate them to divide them into servings. This means it's great for my standard salads and breakfast omelets, and also great for calculating stews and soups and multi-serving foods like that. You can determine the calories for the entire pot and then save a copy of a large dinner-sized serving and a smaller lunch sized serving. It's very handy.

Nutridiary is a little bit clunky at times, but until Fitday or the Daily Plate do a better job of dealing with recipes, I'll be sticking with Nutridiary. It kinda rocks.

Last edited by baffled111; 11-07-2007 at 10:13 AM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote