Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #1  
8 yr Post-Op User

S/C/G: 287/194/170

Height: 5'5

Smile I made it!

Hi everyone, I made it!
The surgery went better than I expected. I was so nervous on Monday but then once I went off to sleepland and woke up it was all done. I wasn't in pain but I did feel sore. I stayed in the hospital until Wed,(yesterday) my heart rate and blood pressure were a little high but they gave me medication for it. I'm glad to be home, the only difficulty I am having is trying to find a comfortable place to sit and sleep. My bed is too high so I slept in the living room sofa which is giving me major back pains. I am trying to drink my liquids every hour. I am just trying to drink my protein but cannot consume more than 1 oz which takes me about an hour because I dont want to drink too much and throw up. So I have just been drinking the shakes. Today I will try to drink some chicken broth and jello. It seem like trying to drink every hour is a little hard since I feel full after the 1 oz. I took my pre-op pics and will post them soon. I have an apt on the 25th so I will get back to you all on my progression. Thanks for all the support.
Being Simply Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

why are you so surprised that you made it???? we KNEW you would!!! congratulations!

now, about that drinking every hour. you're absolutely right to go slowly, but at the rate you're going right now, you're dehydrated and not getting enough protein.

a suggestion: take a spoon, and instead of sipping the protein, drink it like soup - a spoonful at a time. you'll have more control over each mouthful and i'll bet you'll get more in. the protein is CRITICAL at this point because you MUST have it to heal properly.

and instead of drinking every hour, try sipping every few minutes. honest! let one sip settle - you'll know within a couple of minutes if something unpleasant is going to happen. then take another one.

we're here!!!!! and sooo proud of you!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME HOME !!!! <--- gentle ones of course
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Being
We knew you could do it and you have been in all our prayers. Take it easy, take it slow. This is a major thing you have done to your body. Please make sure you take the advice of your doctor and do things they way he wants them done. Your Journey has just started. You will feel stronger everyday.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

WTG!! Glad all went well and hope all keeps going smoothly!
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #6  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

glad your home also!! try a recliner for comfortable sitting and laying, only thing that worked for me the first two weeks... i used a babyspoon to get use to sipping, it was a big change from gulping all my liquids. In my third week and doing good.... carvinmom
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #7  

Hi Congratulations to you.I am so glad to hear you are home and safe.You are on a new beginning to life.I hope to be joining you soon.I am STILL waiting for a surgery date call. They are so booked up on surgeries.I am 15 on the list now.Lookingat probably january.This waiting is hard.I can start messing with myself since I am loosing weight right now,steadily,thinking can I do it this time.Well I have never been able to before. If anyone wants to comment on my reply I would love to hear.

Anyways big hugs to you.
Kim e pre-op surgery ssf Kaiser
seabreez2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

Kim - if it's any comfort to you [and i hope it will be!!!] my MAIN reason that tipped the balance to have the surgery was that this reduces the risk of REGAIN!!!! if used properly and carefully, it offered the best hope for me to lose weight and NOT REGAIN!!

soooo, keep losing - remember that the proof of the pudding is to maintain!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Welcome Home!! SO glad you are doing well take it easy you're going to get the hang of it!
Sea keep burning the flab!!!
ok bed time!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #10  
Losin' it forever!

Welcome home, Being! See, you did just fine! Glad to see you safely on the other side!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #11  

HI Jiffy and Ko I am burning the fast and still eating good.Jiffy thanks for sharing what tipped the scale for you that is so true.I have not been able to keep it off on my own before.
thanks
Kim e
seabreez2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #12  

Default Congrats!

Keep us updated with the changes this makes to your weight please!
ellie1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:58 PM   #13  
8 yr Post-Op User

S/C/G: 287/194/170

Height: 5'5

Hi all,

It had been a rough couple of days. I went to my 1st Drs. appt last Thursday and I was feeling fine I lost 20 lbs. They told me I could start on the stage II with puree food but I guess I was not ready because I had so much nausea. I didn't want to drink anything. This lasted til about Sunday. On Monday I started myself on the puree and I an doing better. I still do get nausea it seem to be early in the morning and a couple times during the day. It not that I am overeating because it never happens after my pureed meal. It seems like my my sense of smell is so different. If I come up the stairs too quickly I get nausea, if I serve my dog his food and get a whiff of it I et nausea, I get it for no apparent reason. Did anyone experience this? I dont actually throw up (sorry!) just gag and that's it. Is this normal?? BTW I am sleeping very comfortable on my bed now. Ah, I can finally sleep thru the whole night.

Ah 1 more question: How do I change my scale number on the pic below?.

Last edited by Being Simply Me; 10-31-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: forgot 1 more thing.
Being Simply Me is offline   Reply With Quote