Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #1  

Default Checkin back in

Hey its me again, Ive gotten down to 155.2 lowest, but no lower!

Im not really sure why, but every day, I eat pretty dang good, exericse, but yes I just cant get lower!

Is this a common thing, and then it like comes off at once?

Well, today was my really, first bad day, great day actually, but bad dinner. Overall not to bad though.
imnotfatforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sometimes our bodies get stuck. But we need more information to make some suggestions about what might be going on.

Are you losing inches and the scale is just stuck? Or are you not losing on the scale or in sizes/inches? And how long have you been stuck?

What are you eating each day, both in types of food and in total calories or whatever you count?

How much water are you drinking?

What sort of exercise are you doing? The same thing every day? Are you doing cardio? Strength training?

How tall are you? How close are you to your ideal or goal weight?

All of these things can have an effect on weight loss and stalls. And then there are the infuriating stalls that just happen for NO GOOD DARNED REASON. I stalled out at 168 for 6 months. I tried EVERYTHING to break it, and no dice...I was just stuck for a time. But then, when I least expected it (after knee surgery, when I was doing little cardio and had a couple of stress-eating moments), I lost 4 lbs. It can be SO FRUSTRATING, but if you keep doing what you're doing, those sorts of pauses in weight loss will eventually end.

and encouragement for you!

Last edited by mandalinn82; 10-18-2007 at 01:08 AM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there.

The first thing I need to ask you is how are you tracking your calories? You say you're doing pretty dang good. But it's soooo easy to go over on calorie intake unless you are really, really monitoring them closely. Is it possilbe that you are consuming more calories then you think? Just a thought.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  

Oh believe me, i know i am.

alot of you are gonna say its not healthy, but i sometimes dont even eat lunch, and a bowl of cereal for breakfast.
imnotfatforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, we talked about this before, didn't we? I think the suggestion was made that if you eat more earlier in the day, you won't be so inclined to overeat in the evening.

Weight loss sometimes goes like that--drop some, then stay steady, then drop some more. The important thing is to stay with your good, well planned eating program and keep doing your exercise, no matter what the scale says. Weight can change even during the day, so only weigh once a day at the same time of day, if you can.

Keep going--hang in there! Eat lunch!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotfatforlong View Post
Oh believe me, i know i am.

alot of you are gonna say its not healthy, but i sometimes dont even eat lunch, and a bowl of cereal for breakfast.
If you rearranged your calories to eat more in the morning you would have a higher metabolism throughout the day. Eating increases metabolism.

You are NOT eating pretty darn good if you are eating a bowl of cereal and then nothing until dinner.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with Ennay - you are keeping your metabolism lower throughout the day, including when you eat your big dinner, if you're not eating consistently. Thats a pretty good reason for a plateau.

I had the best success when I have a 200 cal or so breakfast, lunch and dinner of the same size (400 calories each) and 300 calories or so of snacks throughout the day. My metabolism is revved, and more than that, I don't get really hungry waiting for my next meal to come.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote