Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'5

Question My 1st goal!

My first goal is to loose 15lbs by December 31st! It is very scary for me because this is the 1st time I actually set a date and a goal to work towards. I am skeptical and afraid but I am ready. Tired of being fat! Any suggestions?
NETZI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey NETZI81!

Tell us about your plan for losing your weight. Will you follow a program like Weight Watchers? South Beach? Sugarbusters? or...? What kinds of physical activity/exercise are you going to do?

3FC has lots of diet summary information and reviews--go to the main page and click Diets in the purple bar, over on the left.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/

That might give you some ideas if you haven't settled on a program.

Good luck!!
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-16-2007 at 09:28 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

We both have 15 pounds to lose by December!

I second Jay's question. What do you plan on doing to lose weight? Do you need some suggestions?
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. I am with Shane and you, I have about 15 lbs to lose by Christmas. I think it is good to have a goal to focus on. Try not to be skeptical, you can do it, I see you've already lost 13 lbs...that's a great start! Good luck...see you at goal!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #5  

Thank you for your responses! I truly appreciate it! I am actually doing WW at home I have not started exercising although I have a million videos, the stepper the ball, weight sets.. I have it all.. but I don't use it. All I am lacking is motivation. Exercising has never been easy for me. I started dieting again two weeks ago and I only wanted to focus on my food. I have had success at it but now I have to exercise but with a full time job and 4 kids it's hard to make time for it. I go in to work at 9 am and get up before 7am to get the kids ready for school. I have time before work but.. I don't make it a priority how do I do that when I hate it? HELP!!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Yes, this is a hard thing that many folks face. But, all I can say is, you have to change. You can begin to change by putting yourself on a schedule and sticking with it, which includes using that time before work for some exercise.

Just do it! Like it or hate it but do it!

There will always be days when you don't feel like it--just like there are days when you don't want to get out of bed, or get the kids ready, or go to work. But you do it anyway! This isn't so much different, really--and as you do it more, you may find that it becomes routine, like combing hair or brushing teeth.

It helps if you like to do the exercise you picked. Maybe you don't have to do a whole video, for example. Perhaps you could start with going for a 15 minute walk, or doing just part of a Walk Away The Pounds tape. Tell youself you only have to do 15 minutes and then you can stop. Then as time goes on, increase how much you do.

Just some suggestions! Other than that, it's up to you. Do you want to lose weight or not?

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-16-2007 at 01:14 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  

Wow.. that's a good way to look at it.. I don't want to go to work but I do.. lol!! Interesting. Thank you for that outlook. I will start with baby steps. I actually like the stepper but I get so out of breath that I feel like a fat hog.. and it depresses me that I can't keep up. I know it's normal not to be able to keep up at first Ijust have to get over it and keep doing it. Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Ha,
15lbs by the end of the year is the current goal I'm working on too...seems like that is a popular one!

Good luck everyone!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #9  

Height: 5ft1

I have just a bit to loose than you i have 18lbs but ive already lost 8 so im basically tryin to loose 10lbs between now and xmas/boyfriends birthday! Good luck with yours!! x
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey NEZI81, I hate to exercise, too. What I've found that has helped me is to add things into my life that are exercise but don't seem like it. For instance, I used to park .5 miles away from school and take the bus. Now, I walk there and back, up and down the hills (that I hate) and it's at least 30 minutes of exercise 5x a week. On Sunday mornings, my husband and I go for a bike ride, which seems more to me like a bit of fun instead of exercise. And then there are the things like: taking the stairs, parking further away in the parking lot, taking the cart back to the cart return after shopping, etc. You could go walking on your breaks at work...grab a co-worker and go! Think of it more as getting out to get a breath of fresh air. And I don't know how old your kids are, but depending on their age, you could play tag with them, or something like that. Do you garden? That could be considered exercise. Take over lawn mowing duty. Just find little ways to sneak in activity here and there.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #11  
Happy New Rears!

The stepper is really working for me... I started on the lowest height, 15 minutes every other day... I worked my way up to an hour a day. Then I increased the height and boy, I felt that in my legs... now I do 50 minutes a day. I do it watching TV, the time flies by. My legs are really toning up and I've lost over 50lbs since May 5.

Good luck!

Get your stepper out and give it a go!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #12  
v

S/C/G: 94/87/55

Height: 5"1

i agree with the stepper. my husband says same. but i have never tried it, but i promise i will do it in morning. i'll start with 15 mins and see how i go on. wish me luck.
butterflykim is offline   Reply With Quote