Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default W.O.W. Halloween Challenge! WEEK SEVEN!!!

Howdy ho WEEDers!!! Hope we all survived the weekend. What a tempting weekend it was too, with football in full swing~~ MY BROWNIES won!! Go Browns! And baseball playoffs!!! DID YOU GUYS SEE MY INJUNS? Not that massacre last week, but Saturday night's game!

Saturday went great, OP eating, bad, stressful night at work, but busy enough to keep my too busy to pick/eat. In fact, I only ate about 1/2 my lunch but drank ALL my water. Good girl. Sunday was sleeping all day, DH let me sleep til nearly FIVE ! So when I woke up, I only ate the one time. Yes it was chicken wings and two Bud Lights, over a ball game. But calorically it was ok. Yes. I know. But still.

So this morning I'm up and at em....waiting for the school bus. Chatting with my gals. OH YES, the one concert I've been to in my life was AEROSMITH. I can't believe I've only been to ONE! I guess I just have to really like a group to go see them live. MMMMM Steven Tyler..... Work tonight, off til Thursday/Friday, Boo at the Zoo on Wednesday (sponsored by my work, so it's free!) Robert is going to be the black Spiderman (not the red one, he was that two years ago!) and Rachel picked a kitty cat suit.

WEEKLONG WEED....

W- 4-5 liters a day...3-4 on "short" days
E- Gym time, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
E- Week of cooking, no take out, not even Subway! We are flat broke!!! Need to plan, maybe flip through the cookbooks today and PLAN.
D- Keep up with my housework/laundry. Get to the gym. Spend time with kids. Do or Do Not. THERE IS NO TRY....

Audie, how's the tooth?? From my broken ankle, I won't even tell you what happens when you mix your Vikkies with Bud Light!! Woops! What an interesting night that was, I tell ya. Call that dentist today, it shouldn't still be hurting should it?

HolyT! Writing papers, who'da thunk it?! You're doing awesome, how are your grades? I always was a "schooly" person, I love taking notes, learning, studying, going to lectures, but seriously, I can't see doing that anymore.

How's freeque doing?

How's the workout with Mr. Muscles, Lumi??? I can't wait to hear the juice! How was Maroon 5?

I was happy to see some of you posting last week that you're still around!! Keep on posting, we're in the home stretch!!

Clykky, sounds like you're struggling....but fear not, the lightbulb will go on for ya, it did for me just a few days ago. We're here for ya. You've been through alot these past few weeks. Maybe TODAY is your day, it's a Monday. I weighed in Friday morning, and changed my Halloween challenge...and it made me feel better. Even if it did feel crappy to change it to 231...actually one pound UP from my original starting weight. Changing your goals isn't admitting failure, it's just being honest with yourself.

I'm thinking I am going to pretend something BIG to motivate myself. Like that someone offered me thousands of $$$ to get down to 180. Or that some bully from high school taunting me that I can never do it, and I'll show THEM at the next reunion.

WOW I just caught up with my Biggest Loser shows!! I was sad to see them break up those twins, but WOW, Jim made the biggest change yet! He looked totally different. I just didn't expect the Black team to end up so coniving. (sp?) Especially the girls! (I am having trouble telling the two blonde girls apart, is that weird?) At first, I was all about wanting Jillian to be my coach, but she is just evil!! I don't know if I could hang with her. And as hot as BOB is, he's a bit too wishy-washy for me....though I loved him getting in that girl's face and making her say "I AM WORTH IT". But it seems that no one likes Kim...or "not-Jillian" as some call her. I don't mind her too much. I think she can't decide on her personality, she flips back and forth, being a hard-*** and being sensitive and "going easy" on her team. Either way, the red team had the biggest loss this week, though rumors online say they suspected they would be granted immunity last week, and "watered up" so they reported smaller losses last week, therefore, bigger losses this week. Whattya think? They did seem kind of nonchalant about losing 10- 15 pounds each this week.

Well last minute packing the bookbag, combing the hair etc. Lots of love and strength to you all!!! xoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #2  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie*
Well off to a new week, maybe I'll lose for a change. I didn't get any cooking done....last night I drove to the nearest supercenter to get groceries. I got home waaaaaaaaay late, and had to put everything away. I still have no help. I asked that dishes get done, and it didn't happen. I guess I'll do that after work.

I worked too hard on that stupid paper. I dreamed about formatting the dang thing last night.

Ok weekly WEED:
W: 64 oz (been having a hard time getting water in lately)
E: on plan as much as possible
E: workout at lunch still, with c25k week one again, and The Bean every day
D: get started early on my next paper

My team got beat yesterday I'm feeling pretty invisible around here and at work too....sucks bigtime but oh well. I've gotta get goin but I hope you girls have a great week
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning, ladies! I was looking back at the first WEEDy week of this challenge, so I could see where I was then and how much I wanted to lose. I was 154 at the start of the challenge and wanted to lose 19 pounds by Halloween My weigh-in Friday showed I was 157...and there's only a couple weeks before Halloween. So, I re-evaluated my "goal" for Halloween. I set it at 6 pounds. I may or may not make that, but it's something to shoot for.

I need to go get ready for my classes. It's FREEZing out today! 36 degrees this morning! Last week, it was in the high 70's, hot and HUMID. How come the weather decided to go from Summer to Winter weather and skip right over Fall? *shivers* I'm glad I brought my winter jacket with me to school!

W- 150 oz

E- Lifting session today with Rob from 6:00-7:00!

E- On Plan! I'm tightening my belt and getting serious...this weekend, I let loose way more than I should have. Going home has that pattern for me.

D- C'mon, girl! SHAPE UP! Remember what Yoda said? "Do or do not. There is no try." You're gonna do, and you're gonna like it!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I am better.

Not sure why . . . but there it is. Maybe the nerves died or the infection left? Did get my Little Vikings refilled today and already planning on how to incorporate them as part of my new healthy lifestyle, ya know? Like if I take them with Vitamin C, that's gotta count, right? Have already entered Step 1 of downward narcotic spiral . . . dry popped one at the pharmacy pick up lane even tho' I'm not in technical pain!

Who needs a Bud Light?????????

(Altho' I'm sure I'll hit that Stage at some point. - then it WILL be the 70's again . . . I just KNOW IT! I saw Aerosmith for the first time in 1975 when I was all of 14 . . . Toys in the Attic was the new album . . . wasn't a fan but liked them - thought Steven was a Mick copycat. Lynnrd Skynnrd closed that show - was AWESOME but they also were very drunk & ignorant acting.)

Where was I?

Where AM I?

Oh yes, WEED!

W: Lots!

E: Back to the gym/power walk/new book on tape

E: Back OP

D: ok yoda . . . you is right!

17 days . . . . 17 days left in the WEED'er CHALLENGE!

Last edited by aud; 10-15-2007 at 01:38 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hey WEED's!! I feel like I've been so out of touch - been lurking, but just haven't taken the time to post. Had a couple of more up and down weeks, but I'm currently at my lowest weight in a long while, so feeling pretty good these days. I'm getting tons of compliments at work so I guess my body must be changing, even if the scale's not showing it as much.

Went shopping for new clothes yesterday, and it was actually fun! It was pretty overwhelming because I didn't know what size to start trying. I actually got teary at one point because I'm down at least 2 sizes since May. (Thank goodness I was in the middle of the bras, where nobody could see me!) But they were happy tears - kind of freaked my sister out a little, though. I think she thinks I'm totally whacko!

A big high five to all of you who are keeping on track, and an even bigger dose of good vibes to those of you who need it!

W: 48 oz
E - 35 min on teadmill done
E - strictly OP
D - Yes, I can make it through the first night of bowling without indulging in snacks!!!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

oh girls.....

i'm so dang sleepy right now and it's only 6:30. i think i'll get to bed early tonight and get up in the morning to do dishes.

i did weights today and did some body sculpting with the handweights and stability ball. then i ate junk LOL

I will do better tomorrow...i think with a bit more sleep I can get a little more focused...
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i tried. i got to bed around 10:30 or 11. got up early to do the dishes
ok i'm off to get ready and then make some lunch, i have no idea what i'm eatin for lunch today
Hopefully i can get goin on c25k tonight
Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I'm in the middle of my long week of work with an extra day added in. 5 twelves in a row, today is my day off then two or three more.

Today is Tommy's birthday! 2 years old, and I am very centimental! both my babies are growing up and time is going faster and faster!!!

Helping out with short sports is so fun! DH does a lot more than me, but I am in charge of keeping the little ones rounded up (20 kids between 2-5 and 4 2 year olds)

I haven't gone to work out once this month, So many activities in the evening and NO energy in the morning but I have still lost another pound!!! I was shocked when I stood on the scale this morning and saw that! October must be my month! Since my goal for this challenge was 2 pounds I have surpassed my goal! the first time I have hit a weight loss goal!

Anyway off to spend the day with my family!

OH

W 80 oz
E try for something, anything
E 1500 cals
D get some intentional exercise! (I know I am not stationary all day but jeez I need a good workout!)
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

W: Working my way back to 150oz

E: Got an hour walk in yesterday - but no gym - make it today!

E: OP

D: Pay bills & keep getting ready for Slumber Party
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Down 1.2 this week.

No exercise for the past two days. I can feel my body getting back into that lazy zone so back to the gym tomorrow.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Hey what's up? Well you can see it's 3:30 in the morning (obviously will be later when I finish typing this) Robert (7) woke up with a fever and a headache, I think he has a sinus infection, I'm afraid he inherited his mommy AND daddy's wonderful allergies. But I got him all Tylenol and Gatorade'd up and now I'm wide awake, and after watching him fall asleep, wandered downstairs. I'm thinking about watching the Biggest Loser on my DVR. It should help me from snacking, which is what I really want to do right now. But I ate a sourdough pretzel and feel better. BIG water by my side, and, of course, YOU GALS! I just want to be able to get back to sleep!!

Poor boy. I hope he feels better. Or even if he does, should I make him stay home from Boo at the Zoo tonight!??! Won't I feel that much worse if he goes to Boo and ends up sicker? Or will he be getting sick either way, but if he feels up to going to the zoo, at least he'll get his trick-or-treats? What's a mom to do? I hate to make him stay home, and take Rachel. Or maybe take her to share her treats? I suppose the answer will be obvious tomorrow, when we see how he feels. Will he feel like school or no? Should I call the doc to see if he needs antibiotics?

Hey the Indians won!!! Series is 3-1 BABY! How wonderful is my DH? He stood in front of the tv, watching the game and did ALL the ironing!!! Whatta guy. That, and he folds laundry ALL day Sundays in front of the football games. (I make sure to slack off the laundry by Thursday or so so he has plenty to do)...

I think I saw 227 on the scale yesterday morning. I wonder what this morning will bring. I didn't get to the gym yesterday, too tired to get up and do it, planned to go after dinner, but in-laws need DH to move some furniture and Robert had a touch of the above so I stayed home with the kids, did the homework, baths, etc. He didn't make it home til after 8....the gym closes at 9 and the Indians were on (EXCUSES, EXCUSES. still.) I have FOUR magazines I need to read!! Oh did I tell you gals, I'm addicted to gossip rags? I love People, but when I really need my fix of, no-way-can-that-be-true-but-it's-outrageous-juicy, I am loving those other ones, US, Star, erm, I don't know them all, I just love the covers. And you can get them for around $1.99 each and they're WEEKLY!!! Well anyways, I can buy like 4-6 at a time (THEY ALL SAY THE SAME STUFF! Come on!) but I tell myself I cannot look at them unless I'm on an elliptical/treadmill or whatnot. I can read one cover to cover, if I take my time, about 15 minutes of cardio. I find I'm sweating, I'm caught up on Britney's latest, and the workout is over.

Okay, ladies, I'll be browsing around. See you all in the morning. xooxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Morning ladies. I am definately NOT going to make my halloween goal. But i won't let it get me down. I have fallen off of my 1200-1300 calorie food goal range apparently because i have not dropped a pound in over a month. But at least i am maintaining. So that is some good news. I am trying to get back on plan, but at least i have taken up jogging. I aim to jog two miles a day 4-5 days a week. Last week i managed 4 days. I would have gone each day over the weekend but i had my little ones this weekend and no one to watch them while i went out for 30 minutes to exersize. But that's okay. Monday, i jumped right back on board. I jogged 1 mile before the sun set, and last night i got 2 1/2 miles in. (Mind you, i don't jog the whole thing, but i jog as far as i possibly can, walk until my lungs have recovered and go again.)

Today's weed:

W- 8 glasses
E- 1200 calories
E- 2 1/2 miles
D- keep trying....you don't fail unless you stop trying.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Lumi, I'm not anywhere NEAR my original goal (in fact, I went back to look at it and I'm actually HEAVIER than I was when I started that), I revised my goal to 6 pounds by then. I don't know if it's gonna happen, but even if it doesn't, I'm glad I joined the WEED girls for this challenge, and I'll be hopping into the next WEED challenge, with a vengeance! I really want to be within 5 pounds of my goal by Christmas. What a great Christmas gift for myself, and proof to EVERYONE who has watched me struggle with losing weight over the last year and a half that I CAN do it and that I CAN maintain.

Anyway, that kinda turned into a rant. How about I just post a WEED?

W- Shooting for 100oz today

E- Lifting weights with Rob from 2-3, and I'd like to get a walk in after that--it's such a nice day out

E- Workin' on Day 2 of eating like a champ. I've come to the realization that this will be a WAY OF LIFE for me from now on. I can't have refined sugar and carbs in my life anymore--all they do for me is trigger binges. I'm on a road to recovery and to a new stage in my relationship with food.

D- Ketosis.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya lumi & az Tx for the most needed inspiration this "morning!" Ahhh . . . to jog - Congrats on that Girl! I'm with ya on achieving a LifeLong ZONE, azzie! I'm attacking Day 3 with a vengeance!

I've basically stalled @ 217-219 so unless there's a LC Miracle WHOOOOSH - no way will I make goal . . . but sure am gonna make these last days of HalloWEED Challenge count . . . mainly just cause it feels so dayung GOOD!

I say if Robert isn't too sick . . . bundle him off to Boo-Zoo, nChelle! Know you'll assess the situation and do the right thing - been there many times as a Mom myself.

W: Get up to 150oz - been getting close.

E: Got the hour Power Walk down to a science but NEED to make time for ME & the gym! DO IT!

E: Gosh it feels so good to be OP!

D: To every thing: TURN TURN TURN!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

I know this sounds aweful, but i am glad i am not the only one who probably won't make goal. But I still feel good for having joined the challenge and I am in the christmas challenge and i know they'll be another challenge to join after that one, until i get to my final goal. And I am so thankful for all you girls who are here to encourage me and congratulate me. And i am looking forward to many more challenges with you girls. BUT...It isn't over yet. We still have 2 weeks to do our best!!!!

So far today, i am on plan with my eating and my water. I only have 3 cups left to go and i know i'll get two of those in during my jog tonight. Come one girls. We CAN STILL DO THIS!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote