Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 107/77/58

Height: 1.63 cm

Unhappy I dont know why ...

Hi! Im kind of new here, but i have been reading your post like for ever.

Well, i binged yesterday, and today i feel like crap. I dont feel like going anywere, and i feel so bloated.
Had a huge amount of food last night, and on top of it is TTOTM.
I dont know why i do this. I really wanna get to my healthy weight. But i keep sabotaging myself.

I broke up with my bf, so im going through some hard times, and food makes me "happy" for about 20 minutes, then left me totally devastated.
Is pathetic, i feel like i have no control.

Well thanx for reading me, this forum is amazing.
val22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hey there, i'm glad this forum is helping you cope a bit better. We're all in it together you know! I went out for dinner today and ate 3 seperate tapas.... i feel really sick i ate so much and it's awful when you realise you've just undone all the good work you've put in. Well tomorrow is another day, so let's just forget about today and move on! I'm sorry to hear about your split, why don't you think of it as a new start? a new you? I've just got myself in a relationship, it's so new to me, a bit scary really. But i think of it as a new start and maybe this will help me on my way, i don't know.

Tomorrow is a new day. We'll do better tomorrow
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I think you've answered your own question... eating in response to feeling sad/lonely.

I agree with Leah, try to think of this as a new chapter, not the end of one. After all, it's hard to stick with a food plan if you're feeling sad and negative - that just leads to emotional eating. You've already done so well - you've proven that you can do this. Get the bingey foods out of your home, then try to find something to do that will get you out of the house in the evening (I'm assuming that's your most binge-prone time, it seems to be for most of us). Keep busy, try a new hobby, meet new friends or go out with old ones. Do whatever it takes to keep yourself from sitting around the house feeling sad. You'll get through this.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I overcame the urge to binge yesterday in response to being very upset. I kept reminding myself: "you're upset...this is your body craving serotonin...you just need to relax". I fought off the urge to dive head-first into a bag of oreos, a pizza or doughnuts by thinking about it. I knew I was upset, I know that carbs release serotonin in the brain and that my mind was just wanting me to have those foods--but I said no. I grabbed a diet coke, sat down and cried for a bit. I made myself an on-plan snack and by the time I did all that, I didn't feel the NEED to stuff my face anymore.

There's that compulsive urge to overeat, and you can overcome it. Don't beat yourself up too badly. This journey is so much more in the mind than anywhere else...and I think you understand that.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #5  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh man! Azure, you are my HERO!! What you did was incredible!!! I have lost that battle twice this week and your victory gives me new determination! Well, in fact, I had a little mini moment that I got through earlier today, I really wanted to stop at Starbucks on the way home this morning...I know it is just in response to having one yesterday and that whole..."when you go off track a bit your body wants you to keep going down that track". But I didn't! I came home, did my out door chores and am going to have my lunch here in about 30 minutes. I did positive self talk all the way home in the car...it helped that no one was with me to wonder why I was concentrating soo hard... I still feel a little shaky will power wise but I hope I will feel stronger as the day progresses...

Hugs everyone!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote