Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #1  

Default SF coffee creamer

Hi-I am new to the SBD (this is my 3rd day) and I've alreadyost 2.8 lbs! YEAH! I am wondering for my coffee in the morning I have been using the SF french vanilla creamer-it has o sugar & one carb per serving. Is this acceptable? Its a bit confusing to find the right products...should i be looking for products w/no sugar or low carb or both? How many carbs are considered "low"? Thanks for the info!
Nicole
nicole973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2'

I don't have on official "south beach" answer for you, but I use the Sugar-Free Hazelnut Coffeemate and I don't have any cravings from it. I'm interested to see if some one has found or can find an answer for us.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far...keep it up. =)
Drgnfly423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #3  
Anahir77

S/C/G: 126/120/110

Height: 5'1

i have lost 8 pounds and have been using the SF vanilla from coffematte
i do not have any cravings either
anahir77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nicole, have you read the book? It's really essential to helping you understand this Way of Eating (WOE). Without the book, it can be very confusing.

Remember, SBD is a GOOD carb diet, not a low carb diet. You can have 1,000,000 carbs a day, as long as they are on the list of Foods to Enjoy for your phase. What you do want to stay away from is bad carbs and bad fats. Though the SF creamers technically don't have bad carbs (as long as you stick to the portion size) and you won't have cravings, they DO have terrible trans fats (yes, the label says they don't, but that's becuse if they have less than 1g, they can list it as "0," even if they have 0.9g in each serving. They make the serving size very small so that it looks trans fat free, but just look at the ingredients and you'll see that they're there).

There are lots of other things you can use in place of creamers--evaporated skim milk and SF syrups (DaVinci, Torani, etc.) are the most popular in this forum.

You can read more on this issue in these threads:
coffee creamers??
Creamers?

It's a personal decision. But once I read this post, it cemented my decision to stay FARRR away from trans fats as much as possible.

Last edited by beachgal; 05-18-2009 at 01:37 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #5  

So glad I found this thread...I had the exact same question. I have been using fat free half and half and that's pretty good.
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

There really is a wealth of information on how to add "creamer" to your coffee/tea/whatever in the threads I linked to above. There's more discussion in this thread: Coffee drinkers : what is your fav brand ? fav creamer ?

However, there was some additional info in today's Daily Dish to help you. The article is long, and I don't want to repost the whole thing due to copyright issues, so check out the actual article. In the meantime, here's a pertinent snippet:

Quote:
If you enjoy your coffee with milk . . .
Choose fat-free (skim) or 1% milk, or 2 tablespoons of fat-free half-and-half. Avoid 2% and full-fat whole milk as well as regular half-and-half. Remember to count the amount of milk you use in your coffee toward your daily serving of dairy; you can enjoy 2 to 3 cups of dairy each day.

If you enjoy your coffee with cream . . .
Opt for sugar-free or fat-free varieties (with no more than 2 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons) and limit your intake to 2 tablespoons per day.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default thanks to all

Thanks to everyone.....after reading every link and clicking on more I have decided to use fat free condensed milk and flavored coffee OR my regular coffee with flavored splenda and fat free 1/2 and 1/2. There are some super smart people that post here and I am SO GLAD!!
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Make sure the coffee doesn't have added sugars in it (sometimes they are SNEAKY! Learned it the hard way with my Keurig)!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote