Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default Has your head shrunk?

I am not talking about just the cheeks or the double chins -- have you noticed the top of head getting smaller? I mean I had a part before and it was always WIDE. I asked doctors and they said I was just thinning hair. Now it is gone. Like the wide birth has shrunk and now looks normal again. My drivers license id really shows how wide it was. I don't think I have grown hair it just looks like there was fat under the top of my head that was pushing it apart.

I asked another friend who lost weight and he said his cap size shrunk so I guess it is possible.

I also feel my entire face has changed (for the better). My eyes seem so much bigger and brighter. Less puffyness. And darn it -- it also seems like my nose is more *sharp*. My theory? Fat has left my face and my nose has dropped down to look less pushed up. Perhaps this is why the eyes seem bigger as well.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Most definitely. I wear hats from time to time. I tried one on just a few days ago and it landed right on the bridge of my nose. It was enormous on me. I then proceeded to try on a few others - also gigantic. I hadn't realized my head had shrunk until I tried on the hats. It's really mind boggling. I lost weight in places that I didn't even know had fat on it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I haven't noticed the circumference of my head changing, but my nose seems bigger and sharper, since it isn't surrounded by fat, my eyes seem much bigger (sometimes buggy-eyed). I don't ever remember my facial features being so "sharp" before now. I usually like it, but occasionally I see a picture of myself and my nose and the gauntness of my face takes me by surprise.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #4  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that's amazing!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
I haven't noticed the circumference of my head changing, but my nose seems bigger and sharper, since it isn't surrounded by fat, my eyes seem much bigger (sometimes buggy-eyed). I don't ever remember my facial features being so "sharp" before now. I usually like it, but occasionally I see a picture of myself and my nose and the gauntness of my face takes me by surprise.
Wow Tammy you can really see the head difference in your progress photos. It is funny because I know I have lost weight in my wrist (I had my watch adjusted in January and now it is like a bracelet again) and my feet are thinner as well. I don't fit into certain shoes now well. Nice to know about the head. I wish before I lost people would have told me about my head. I always thought the negative changes were due to age.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Nope, my head did the opposite - it has gotten really big since I've lost weight!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Shane, you might be suffering from lollipop syndrome.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Note to self....do not read Charlotte's posts while drinking. Soda thru nose syndrome can be painful and embarrasing to try to explain at work.

Back to topic...I had to buy all new hats. and as some of you may have guessed by now...I like hats.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #9  
I'm gettin' there

S/C/G: 261.5/177/130

Height: 5'4"

I just had my hair cut and dyed a few days ago and my sister wanted to see a picture of it so I was taking pictures to send to her and I could NOT believe my nose. When did it become so sharp and big?
To be honest, I'm glad my face has lost weight because before my features were buried in fat, I was just a little turned off because I wasn't used to seeing my nose so prominent. Overall, I think my whole head has lost weight, so I see where you're coming from.
Miss Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote