Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up CYBER BINGERS thread - Warning: trigger foods mentioned

I thought we should have our own official thread for cyber bingeing (thank you, Emily) - I hope no one minds!

The general idea of this thread is that we can come here to actually type out what we want to binge on, because once it's down on paper, we really see what we would be putting in our mouths. It's basically cyber purging in reverse...we're just getting it out of our systems before we pack in all the extra calories. It may not be for everybody, but I know that it's going to help me... and we need all the help we can get, right?

Right now, I want to binge on:

- A huge slice of ooey, gooey, triple chocolate cake (500+)
- A medium ice cap, or possibly a Starbucks light frap (180+)

And the reason why I'm not actually going to give in:

- I don't want to experience the blood sugar spike and drop that always happens.
- I liked how flat my stomach was this morning...it's been awhile!
- I'm down 2 lbs! Which only leaves 8 lbs to go (my ticker isn't accurate right now).

Instead, I'm going to fill up on a salad of lettuce and veggies before I go to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner, then when I get there, I'll have a reasonable portion of food, and one small slice of pie. What the heck - it's Thanksgiving!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

This is the best idea for a thread i've seen in a long time! I really think this is going to help me. Thanks for the idea Emily! And thanks for making it just_a_dreamy1

I want to binge on:

Hightlights hot chocolate (35)
Pringles tub (1120) WOAH... I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD THAT MANY IN!!!
Half a baguette (350)
caramel snack a jacks (140)

Total = 1645

Worth is? is it heck!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #3  

Leah,

Isn't it crazy how many calories there really are in things that are so easy to finish when you're in mindless eating mode?

We can do this!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

What a fabulous idea!! I LOVE it! Kudos girls!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #5  

I stuck to plan, but now I want...

banana bread
pumpkin pie.

somewhere over 1000 calories. Not going to do it.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #6  

Talking

Harpo,

Thank you! I just hope that more people join in.

This thread has helped me so much already. In the past, holidays have been so tough for me food-wise, and coming here to post what I wanted to binge on has helped me to change Thanksgiving this year. There are still things that I wish could have been different about the day, but triumphing over the urge to cram food down my throat in response to family stress is one baby step toward a better me. I feel really good about my ability today to eat reasonably, and focus on the people in my life rather then food.

I hope everyone (in Canda, anyway) enjoyed Thanksgiving!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #7  
Leah

It wasn't a HUGE binge but it wasn't what i had planned

For breakfast, i was just going to have a cup soup... instead i had

Slim-a-soup (60)
All-bran with Skimmed milk (140)
Rice Krispies with skimmed milk (140)

Total calories of unplanned food = 280

Foods i want to binge on right now= none cause i feel bad
Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #8  

Lightbulb

Thanksgiving was wonderful A little hung over this morning and

I got a little overwhelmed emotionally last night, and thinking about it just now, I've realized that it was due in part to the fact that I didn't bury all my feelings under food as soon as my family's drama affected me. Instead, I had to deal with it. Baby steps, right?

My darling sister sent a whole pumpkin pie home with us (best cook EVER!), so I had a peice for breakfast. According to Fitday, it was about 320-340 calories, so close enough to plan. It's making me want to eat a lot more

Instead, I'm going to throw on my sweats, brush my teeth...and take a walk to Timmy's to get some fresh air and

Leah, today is a new day! I'm for you, and sending lots of your way
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  
Leah

Oh was it Thanksgiving yesterday? You said you were hung over, so you had a bit to drink right? Maybe also you were a bit emotional because of that. I know whenever i sniff a bit of alcohol i get emotional. Drink has that way of making you delve into places of your mind that you otherwise would push to oneside. Well done for not replacing that emotional feeling with food, i'm proud of ya!!!

And a MASSIVE well done for the motivation and wanting to do some exercise (i'm so lacking in the motivation department at the moment ) Thank you so much for the willpower dust, i'm feeling so much better already
Have a great rest of your day
Old 10-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #10  

WOW, I inspired a thread!!!!

I am smiling.

However, I do have a cybe binge , so

2 x large slices cake (600)
1 x cornetto (200)
1 x frijj milkshake (500)

okay so thats 1300 cals of nothing....

emily
xxx
Old 10-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #11  

Leah - It was the Canadian Thanksgiving...when is Turkey Day in the UK?
I did have a bit to drink, which I'm sure contributed to the emotions as well, but when you get certain members of my family together, drama runs high *lol* In the past, I've seriously gone nuts on food in response to that, or in response to meeting new members of the family, and they say that once you stop the bingeing, your emotions can be a little overwhelming.
I just got back from my walk - it made me feel so good, cleared the cobwebs right out of my head and motivated me to get the rest of my day on the go. Plus, it erased my craving for pie
Thanks for the encouragement
Have a wonderful day!
P.S. I just saw the picture of you at your diet blog - you are gorgeous!!

Emily - Welcome to the thread! Good luck staying OP!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Is this where I post things that I WANT to be eating but haven't eaten? I've been thinking about the Mint Creme Oreos on and off for the past few days. I've resisted going out and buying them, though... I had an entire week of binging two weeks ago, and I ate one of those bags by myself in a day... I looked up the nutrition information for them, and a whole bag of those are 2520 calories. So if I had that and an 8oz glass of milk? 2670 calories!

I was SO close today to grabbing them when I went to the grocery store. In fact, I went to the grocery store to buy them...I won't lie. But I got there, fought through the urge and picked up some zucchini instead (which I needed to get while I was there, too). Just now I got the urge to head to the nearby Target to pick them up and I almost went...I don't know why I'm obsessing. I keep beating down the urge but it's driving me crazy!

I'm NOT binging on those tonight...I'm writing about it here instead of giving in
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #13  

Azure - Kudos to you for resisting! I'm for you!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #14  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Penelope! I made it through the night! Tomorrow's going to be another battle, but I'm ready to do it! I'm so glad I found this thread tonight so I could vent about those oreos...thoughts of them were really bugging me. I wrote about them here, and I stopped thinking about them. Amazing!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #15  

I should have patented this.. ;-) As a psychology major, I will make a note of it, however.

What do I want, right now?

Frijj (again, God Emily, VARIETY?!? heard of it?!) = 500
Quorn pastry thing = 450
Lots of grapes = 150
Choc ice = 160
2 x big cookies = 500

1,700+ ...so not going near it

Emily
xxx
Closed Thread