Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something Wkend Chat: Oct 6/7

Morning all. Off to work i go...nothing overl excitingto report. Just thought i'd stop in and say hi.

karen - hope your back is better

hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, have a good day at work. Hopefully the crazies will stay away today.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  

GOOD Morning Lisa and GG and all those who check on later.

I am going to go to the beach again today and then spend the afternoon in Portsmouth. I cant wait. I cant believe this weather. October and in the 80s. CRAZY!!!!

Talk to you all soon!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

MOrnin' All!

We're at the new house early today waiting for the chimney sweeps to come. They're going to clean out all 3 chimney's, and all the heating vents in the house for 39.95! I'm going to verify that when they get here though, because that's an awfully good price for doing all the vents too.

Alicia, I still don't see the underlines, even when I log out. I asked Suzanne though, so I'll let you know when I hear something.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #5  
LBH

Here's the info about the underlined words:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124355
Old 10-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #6  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey everyone - Im still alive, although the new job is almost killing me! I am still extremely tired at the end of my day and very sore - so I have not completely adjusted yet.

Im not sure if i have told everyone what I am doing as far as my job goes. I am a meezly little file clerk. I took the job even though I was overqualified (I was an administrative assistant at my last job and got paid $4 more an hour)
I took the job 1. because it is really close to my house 2. to get my foot in the door with this company because I have been told by many people that they are great to work for and they like to promote from within.

At work I make rounds to all the DR's offices collecting medical charts on a cart that ends starts off at about 100 lbs right off the bat after the first couple stops and by the time I am done it weighs about 250 - 300 lbs. I push this cart around thee times a day and on average the run lasts about 45-55 minutes. Then we have to file all the charts So a grab a stack that weighs about 25 lbs and walk it to the section and then armwrestle it into its place (the files are packed ito the shelves very tightly) I do this the remainig hours of my 8 hour day. I knew was going to be physical but i had no idea really how hard it would be on my body. It is getting easier though

GG - have a good day at work!

Laurie - how are you? I hope you have fun at the beach.

Lauren - i hope you get the price they quoted you - i bet they try and sell you something else too, isnt that how it usually works when something seems too good?

Last edited by Blueyedblond; 10-06-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #7  
LBH

I'm back! So of course it was too good to be true. The guy got here and right off the bat wanted to know what they told me. So I told him and he just shook his head. He said A. they don't even clean heating vents and B. it would cost 100 for all 3 chimneys! So I told him I didn't want to pay that much and he didn't blame me, so off he went.

On a good note, we saw a dishwasher at Lowes last night that was on clearance because it had a "small dent". I couldn't find the dent on it, so maybe it was under the sign. Anyway, we didn't have the van with us, so the guy said we could pick it up today. He put our name on it and said we'd pay for it when we pick it up. It's a Frigidaire stainless steel that sells for 598. normally, and we were getting it fo 298.!! So this AM I go up there to pick it up and they friggin' sold it!!! Long story short, I got the same on in perfect, boxed condition for the same 298. price! YAY!!!!

Now, we just have to get it installed...unfortunately the flooring under the old one looks rotted. May have to get that fixed first.

Blue, sounds pretty strenuous! Hope your body adjusts soon!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, thanks for the info. What is the add free subscription? We bought our refrigerator 10 years ago from the scratch and dent stuff at Lowes. They have great deals.

Not much going on. I was cleaning untill I opened the computer. I was gonna get on really quick, a few hours later..... Oh will got some dusting done. So thats about the rest of my day...cleaning.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Lauren,

I had a feeling after reading your post that it was too good to be true. We paid 150.00 to have 14 vents cleaned, and another 65.00 just for one chimney. Oh, well, at least you tried. Sound like you made out pretty good at Lowes, Though!!

Laurie...Jealous!!! I wish I could go to the beach today (it's only about 1 1/2 hrs away), but we have too many things to do! HOpe you have a great time , though!!

GG, hope your day at work is okay. Maybe tomorrow you can relax?

BEB...sounds like you're getting quite a workout, and getting paid for it too..fantastic!! Hopefully you'll move up the ladder quickly.

Everyone else, have a super weekend. I have to go make an apple crisp & get the kiddos ready for their sleep over.

Pam

Oh, one more thing...GO PHILLIES!!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #10  
LBH

Alicia, you can purchase an ad-free subscription for a small fee. I think there's a link to it on your control panel.

Yup, I just checked, if you go to your User CP, scroll all the way down, it says Optional Paid Subscriptions to Remove Banner Ads...or something like that.

Last edited by LBH; 10-06-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #11  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's weekend is going nice. I am just checking in again to see if there is anyone else to say hi to - board is slow today - I hope everyone is having a fun weekend. I am all by myself cause the bf is at a sotfball tournament (even though he had his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday morning!)

Pam - hey! I am definetly getting my workout in at work! And I did look at that as an upside to this job when I was still hired (and still do) The bummer thing is that I have not lost anything even though I have been there over a week now. I am eating the same as before except I have 1 extra snack during the day and it is usually grapes.

Lauren - ugh those things are always too good to be true - but hey! You got a brand new dishwasher for half price - good trade off!

Well Im off to finish cleaning the house - it is a bit messier than usual now that I am not at home all day. My bf's sister and her fiance are coming over and they are staying the night. I'm not too thrilled about that but its ok - not really too big of a deal.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...work was pretty laid back..busy but not insane...so it was good.

Bluey- sounds like at least your getting a great workout at the new job
lauren -sorry it was too good to be true.

alright...off to watch the game...beer is calling my name...see ya later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

GG, I was thinking of you being tired. I have been exhausted myself. I was wondering if it may have something to do with the season changes and or getting dark so early. It is dark almost at 7pm now. Just a thought.

Blue, I say your post on another thread about the myspace. I think maybe the wife was probably jealous. Though I don't think she has reason to be. There are a few others on here on myspace, I will try adding you.

Lauren, that would explain to why some were seeing the underlined words and some were not. Are you living at your house?

Pam, how many kids do you have?

Talk later, Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Evenin! We went to a Kids Festival today and I am SO wiped!! (Lauren: It's at PNC Arts Center (and it's free!!) again tomorrow) We had to park in the far lot and decided to walk instead of taking the shuttle. OMGoodness. I forgot it was mostly uphill. And I was pushing the big sit 'n stand stroller. Whew. I almost passed out before I got to the top. When we were finished we decided to walk back to the car. It was downhill but I had to keep the stroller from running away! All of that and my back still hurts. Loverly!

Lauren: I guess it was too good to be true about the chimney sweeper guy. Are you guys living in the house yet?

to everyone I missed. I'm off to take a shower and get to bed. I'm looking forward to laying down!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

I miss you all!
It was the week from ****, I over did it the beginning of the week, Tuesday I got up and I had no energy at all from there the week just was not good. Thursday and Friday were definelty bad days, DH was leaving to work on Thursday and I asked him to cancel the 2 appointments I had for Sean after school, he did and he left to go to work, 2 hours late he was back, I was not expecting him at all, he was worried that I didn’t look good at all when he left and he just told them at work he was worried about me, it is very unusual for him to take time off, but he knew it was even more unusual for me to have NO energy at all. I am glad he was home, he was here to help with Sean when he got home from school. It sort of looks like Sean is cycling again, he has had very difficult time this last 5 days. We are very worried about it. We called my Dr. and she increased my dose of Cymbalta, it seems to be helping, I am doing a little better, I am sure I am going to loss weight a little more rapidly, my appetite has been very low, it is the medicine. I am trying to eat but I eat a few bits and I am full.!!! I guess that is a good thing!

Joan sounds like an awesome neighborhood! I am glad you had a good time at the parade.

Blue I hope the promote you when you get your review, when would that be? It is smart to get in a company you think you can get ahead, good for you!

BJ I hope you are enjoying you long weekend, are you doing something good for yourself?

Realitymom keep the good attitude you can do it!!!
Never thought counting calories could work for me, always seemed like it was too much aggravation, but thanks to the great sites on the internet, it is sooooo easy. LOVE that!

Christina good luck on Monday! Get a lot of rest tomorrow so you can be all ready for a new day new job!!!

Lauren I hate when they tell you one price over the phone and when they get there is totally a different story, did they advertise for the $39 or was it just over the phone? I am glad you were able to get the dishwasher for the price you were suppose to originally!

Laurie I love going to the beach, I hope you had a great time!

Karen I would can’t believe you went down the hill, I would’ve taken the shuttle for sure! I hope you are not all sore tomorrow.
Alicia the same thing started happening to me with the underlined words.

Michelle how are you?

Sheila how are things going for you?

GG I hope you get to relax! Are you still very tired? Could you be prego?

Kerry hello! How are you doing? How are things w/DH?

Karri I never liked scary movies, never gone in a hunted house, I am a chicken! All though I love watching court TV and I love watching the show “Hunted evidence”

to everyone I missed!
I got to run!

Talk to you guys tomorrow! Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote