South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #1  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Default Beachin Weekend (Oct 6-7)

Good Morning...I thought I'd start us off since I'm up. Sorry I haven't been around much this week. It's been one of those weeks.

Cottage I hope you enjoy your maze today!

Cat Please post up some pics of your couch once you have had the repholstery done!

Ruth Sometimes I get tired from reading your posts...you're one busy chick!

Pacer Hope you're not too sore. I've always wanted to try yoga but figured it might be too hard cause I'm so overweight

Allie Hope your lecture went ok.

Laurie I envy you and your garden. We don't have a yard cause we live in a close (Scottish for apartment building). Hope your DH feels better soon.

Schmoodle Hope you have a nice long weekend!

Sand Congrats on your weightloss.

DixieOUCH! I hope you're not too sore today.

Barb Have fun on your camping trip, I hope the weather's nice.

Lisa Hope you're feeling better today.

Me : I've been a crazy walking fool at work this week. Since I work near the North end in Glasgow it's all uphill (calves of steel!). I have a job interview this coming week so I'll be preparing for that over the weekend. I just text'd my sister in law if she wants to go for a walk but if she doesn't reply I think I'll walk to the grocery by myself and get a few things.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

We're out of here in a few minutes to go to a big crafts show, and we're stopping for breakfast on the way. Jake wants to get an early start since it's supposed to get hot and humid later. We're probably going to go look at more furniture today, too. I've looked at hundreds of couches in the past 2 weeks and still can't find anything I really like!

Have a great Saturday, see you all later!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It's getting light now so I'll hie me over to the Church in a few minutes with my cookies and coffee mugs. Then It'll be a second cup and a soak in the tub before the weekend gets underway.

Cottage, how is Jake doing with the quitting smoking project? I know what you mean about not finding the "right" furniture. Is it time to take a sabbatical from the quest?

Cool, calves of steel! I wish mine were. I've not been to Scotland - yet - but do know that the hill towns in Portugal and Calabria sure gave me a workout. One of these years I must visit one of the ancestral farms in Scotland. I have a picture. It think it's on your side of Scotland but could be wrong.

My weekend company arrives noonish, I suspect. It's Hollyhock who posted here a couple of times. I've known her for years but never met her IRL - should be fun! I've not met a net monster yet!

Tonight we go to dinner at Claire's and I said I'd bring the starter. Hollyhock and I will be stuffing tomatoes and baby cucumbers with cheesy mixtures and wrapping prosciutto around melon. That should keep us busy but I do hope to work in a Mill visit.

See y'all later.

(Picture is of maternal Great-great Grandfather's place in Scotland)
Old 10-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Jenny, I took some "before" pictures of the couch yesterday. It is way too crowded in the room now, so when the couch comes back from upholstery lady, we are going to move that other couch into this room (study/sunroom)

Cottage, have fun at the craft show and shopping...sounds like a fun day!

Ruth, that starter sounds wonderful! Prosciutto and Melon was on of my Dad's favorite things.

Me..not sure what is on my plate yet for the day. Hopefully not a thing except for cleaning the house. I put it off yesterday because I slammed with work in the morning and then spent the afternoon watching the funeral of a local "icon" on TV. (Sherriff of a neighboring parish for almost 30 years) Quite a send off. So instead of cleaning, I was glued to the tv. Then my oldest son dropped by from college..luckily I had cooked a huge pot of red beans and rice. We bought my youngest son (20) a new bed last week which he put together himself. (ouch..not a particularly "handy" person although is an honors student.) Oldest son is a construction management student and very "handy" and decided to take the whole bed apart and redo it. I had a feeling he would when he saw how his brother did it...now it is perfect!

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-15-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #5  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It's great to pop in and see everyone! You chicks have been busy!

kat - we have cleaning today as well. I don't mind so much when there's college football to watch. We're really cheering for LSU today since they are playing our arch-enemy. 8-0

Ruth - I'm having coffee right now, too and I'm thinking about stealing your bath idea. What are you stuffing the tomatoes with? Is there a recipe here?

cottage - I HATE furniture shopping. The problem with me is that I love everything and have no ability to decide! 8-) Hope you have some good luck today and find what you love AND need.

cool - your post reminded me so much of our time living in Japan. We lived a little bit out in the country and walked everywhere! I think that is one of the things I miss most. Here is America, everything is so far that you have no choice to drive everywhere. I really miss shopping for dinner every afternoon and the walk there.

For us, well life has been a bit crazy. My son jammed his pinkie playing kickball. When we went to the emergency room they read the xray wrong and told us it was not broken. A week later a phone call comes that says it actually is broken. By the time we got an orthopedic appointment it had to be reset. He was in a lot of pain but it is feeling better already.

This weekend is full of tennis for the grownups. DH has a match today and I have one tomorrow. We're both exhausted so planning on some college football and light house cleaning this afternoon.

I've stayed at 170 - but not been eating so well. I'm planning to rededicate this week and get my a$$ back on the ellyptical.

Love you chicks!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
Well I was gifted with a pound and a half loss this week, but I surely didn't earn it. Many things on my weekend to-do list, since I lost a lot of yesterday to picking up DH and other things. I'll be doing laundry, cleaning, shampooing carpets, getting groceries, etc. I've also got to type up the minutes to the last committee meeting from over a week ago. I've let that go too long.
It's gray and overcast here today, but maybe that'll keep the temp down. It's just been too hot for October around here!
cottage, if you see a nice red couch let me know. I've been looking for one.
hi noleschick, enjoy your football. Sorry about the pinkie!
Cat, happy cleaning!
Ruth, have fun with hollyhock!
Jenny, good luck with the job interview!
Have a good one chicks!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleschick92 View Post
We're really cheering for LSU today since they are playing our arch-enemy. 8-0
My husband has an LSU football sickness. NEVER misses a game. Has it on radio/tv/internet groups all at the same time running back and forth between them. The phone always rings at 1/2 time with his brother calling so they can discuss it. Then there are pre game radio shows, post game radio shows etc.
My oldest goes to LSU and will be in the throngs tonight.

When we were dating, we once went to a party a friend had. My husband kept dissapearing. I finally found out why. He kept running out to the car to listen to the game that night. That's when I learned we NEVER make plans when there is a game on. Years ago he had his gall bladder taken out. He was all "sedated" before the surgery and was mumbling down the hall "David Lafleur, 6'7, 272 lbs..." (new recruit at the time) It was a few days before Christmas and on the way back he was singing jingle bells.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies! I just got up. Yikes. After that nap all day, I didn't get to bed until 2:30. Don't want to work today but at least most of it will pass quickly with an orientation.

I do feel better today, and I tried to rehydrate like crazy once I could finally keep it down. I gained back 2 of the 3 lbs I lost so I think I still need to rehydrate because I ate like a pig once I finally could keep food down.

Well I need to shower. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #9  
Jenny

I went for a walk with my sister in law's dog. He's so funny! His name is Michael but we all call him Mickey (cause he constantly takes the mick, lol.)

So on the way back from dropping him off at my sister in law's, I met this little old lady hobbling down the street. She said she had been mugged at the local grocery and the police wouldn't give her a ride home and she didn't have any bus fare. Her wee ankles were the size of a softball and she said she was diabetic and feeling dizzy. Luckily I had my cell phone on me and I called us a cab. I bought her a bottle of sports drink and gave her a ten spot as she said the guy who mugged her had stolen her weekly pension money.

Turns out, my brother in law has also met a little old lady, who gave him the same line (this was a few weeks ago). ~sigh So if I did a good deed then wonderful, and if I've been conned, at least I know she didn't walk up the road herself and actually get mugged.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Jenny, well at least you did the right thing. Con or no con, that was the right thing to do. How were you to know if she was lying?

And what the heck??? Since when do little old ladies start that crap? I think most communities have that guy on the bike downtown asking for money because his *insert relative here* from *insert bigger city about 200 miles away here* is really sick and he needs to go there, but he doesn't have any money for *insert gas, bus fare, train ticket here* and doesn't get paid for another week, and really needs to go up to take care of *insert other relatives* while *first relative* is in the hospital.

But a little old lady conning people? Now that's just WRONG.

Good for you for doing the right thing though! Hopefully she really was in need and you can feel good about yourself.

Lisa
Old 10-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #11  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Maybe the little old lady wasn't comfortable just saying she needed money without some sort of story. At any rate, you did what you needed to do to feel good about you. Our town is so full of "vietnam vet, need help" people that the city had to make it illegal to pass money from a car to a panhandler. The person driving the car gets the fine! I only gave money to the little old lady who just plain "need money."

Cat: I love your rooms. Your home looks very warm and inviting. I could just sit and sip my and read a good book.

Ruth: Busy as usual. I can't even keep up with you.

Weezle: No naps today and maybe you can sleep tonight.

Cottage: Good luck on the continued search for a couch.

Schmoodle: on that loss. Sounds like you are doing what I am doing this weekend. Catch up!!!

I am just playing catch up on paperwork. Took a few minutes to check in here. Got mil checked into rehab and that took almost all week with paperwork appointments. The paperwork for the sale of the restaurant should come in next week. We are closing on the 20th or the 24th, depends on how the food looks on the 20th. Some of it we will bring home and freeze, mostly the meats. The pastas we want to get rid of.

Everyone have a great weekend. to those that need it and for those that need them.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

This is a tough world we live in, isn't it girls...I still think you did the right thing whichever way it turns out.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 AM   #13  
Jenny

Thanks for that ladies.

Ruth I meant to say to you about the farm...it looks like a wee bit that me and the in-laws pass when we're driving towards Troon or Stranrar to get the ferry to Ireland. Burns Country they call it cause of auld Rabby (Robert Burns-you probably know that).

Cat- That couch is awesome, I can see why you would want to preserve it!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,

That's a lovely bit of acreage, Ruth. I've always thought Scotland was a beautiful country. I'd love to visit there some day, especially the Highlands region. I always read anything that has a setting in Scotland. Jenny, I envy you for living there!

We finally found a living room set that we love! We even managed to talk the salesman down to a price we were happy with. I have to wait 6-8 weeks for it, but at least I'm getting something I really love. It should come right around Thanksgiving.

By the way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! to our northern neighbors!

And, Ruth, to answer your question - Yes, Jake is doing quite well quitting smoking. The worst part is over, thank God!
Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

*rubbing eyes* Yes, I got up at 10:55am. YAWN. That's what I get for staying up until 4:15 on the phone. I'm still pretty tired but I need to get up and moving, because I'm going shopping for a Halloween costume today with my friend Angie.

Abdul's son, Gene, made it to where he needed to be last night. He went from 90 degrees here to driving through a snow storm in Wyoming last night. Poor kid, but he's keeping in touch and that's good. He's going to try to make it to Sacramento tonight and then where he's going tomorrow.

Well, I'm going to pop in a movie and try to watch it without falling back asleep. Hope you girls have a great day, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those who have it now. Mmmm..... Thanksgiving.....

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 10-07-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Closed Thread