South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #1  

Default Hi all

Hi, I'm going to finally give this diet the chance it deserves I keep saying I'm going to do it but end up not doing it.
I have a question though my Dr told me to do a South beach phase 1 in a half though to do the guidelines of phase 1 but add 1 or 2 fruits a day. Has anyone done anything similar and had good results?
Thanks for any help.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Carrie! Many of our members are doing a Phase 1 1/2 with good results. Phase 1 is used to rid your body of the toxins from white flour, processed foods, and sugar, and helps to curb your cravings for sweets. As long as you follow the guidelines, but just add in 1 or 2 fruits a day, this should work for you.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

I would say that if you feel you really can't buckle down and do a true phase 1 then the fruit may help you get the detox benefit without falling off.

I would say, however, that if you can get past 3-4 days of phase 1 then you will be set. I have been on phase 1 since Monday and with full blown TOM! I haven't fallen off the wagon and my TOM has been easier and less crampy because of not eating sugar and heavy carbs.

I feel, and this really is just my opinion, which is what you wanted, right, getting 2 weeks of phase 1 really sets you up for success. I find that it helps me ease back into "healthy" carb intake better and also reprograms my brain and body to not crave unhealthy things. I have been doing SBD since 2005 and I know you might saying...well why haven't you gotten to goal?

Because I have fallen off or tried to revamp the program and then ended up coming back. If I hadn't started this lifestyle I would be over 300 pounds now...I know that. I have insulin resistence and this WOE is a must for me. I will switch back and forth between this and WW, but ultimately when I want to feel my best I am back to SBD.

I have gained a greater understanding of my body and I also feel in control. I have never gained all my weight back and I am more in tune with my fluctuations.

I have given you way more than you needed...maybe I will repost this as my own subject...Why SBD is for me...LOL
Closed Thread