Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Can this be... kinda fun?

Ok WHO am I ??hahahha I hesitate to post this because I know great intentions can go to s**t very quickly LOL... but...

do you sometimes feel...excited about all this? find it....fun? I must admit the past few weeks I have been feeling that way.... i wake up and it's "yay let's go pack the bag 'o food for work today" and I'm the type who, for about 14 YEARS never packed a lunch! Now for the past 5 months, practically every day! weird....

and putting on clothes that now fit whereas before i couldn't button it up, it's just damn FUN

Even the "reality checks" of putting on something else and having it stuck around my knees, showing me how FAR i have yet to go, still motivating....

Maybe it's doing the Biggest Loser challenge at work that helps with the excitement factor, as everyone doing it is very enthused -- so much so that our usual "go out for lunch" crowd brown bags it and we play Trivial Pursuit instead

WOW this post was long and boring! sorry! Just want to be sure I'm not alone and that others feel this way ~ how long does it last hahahahhah

t.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Nah! It ain't no fun atall!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hey Trazey, I didn't find your post long or boring. It put a whole new light on my diet plan. I have never thought it could be viewed as being fun. What an interesting new idea. I've just started back on WW at Home doing the Flex Plan and I can say that I am really enjoying it this time around. It seems that my mind set is just right at this time and I find I have making it more like a game. I know it is important to eat all my pts allowed each day and I've heard it is important to use the extra pts so I am doing just that to see if I lose better like they say I will. I've always been afraid of eating too much or not eating enough. Now I just follow the plan trusting that it is going to work. I have always wanted to lose really fast, but suddenly realize that at my age that is not too smart... don't want to have too much saggy skin. I make a lot of things into exercise since I recently read that if we see some of our chores as exercise that we will have a better attitude about doing them and lose weight better.

I had a friend who once said that life is all about "attitude". So after reading your post, I am thinking that if we can change our attitude about what we are doing to lose weight and think of it as a fun thing that it will be easier to stay OP and we will be successful.

Thanks for the thought... glad you thought of it.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-04-2007 at 10:55 AM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I find it fun and exciting. I'm so proud of myself and I do enjoy what I eat most days. I know my body is changing and no one knows. I sometimes I smile weird through the day like I have so profound knowledge that others haven't grasped. I've felt normal for the first time in my life. I don't feel depressed or anything. When I plan "extravagant" meals, I get so excited and they are so yummy. I love my body even though it's still fat.

The other day, some kids at worked made some very disgusting rude comments about me but it didn't get me down. I know I am in mid-progress and soon, they won't be able to treat me like that because I'll probably look better than their mommas!

I'll soon be thinner than most my memory and I'm enjoying this. Something happened to me in the last year that has changed me irraversibly(sp?) and it's helped me do this. I know I can achieve me goal. I will stay commited to staying healthy and (hopefully) slender one day. It's taken 10 years but I'm ready for this. I love my life like this.

^____________^
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #5  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Oh T, I find it to be LOTS of fun!!! I think I focus on this too much. The most fun is working out. I've grown up seeing my parents doing it so I've had no problem doing all my life and actually loved it, I just didn't plan well enough to where I thought I didn't have the time. I sacrafice and get up earlier than I would like, but seeing the pounds consistently drop as well as my clothes, hehe, it's all worth it. I'm as excited now as when I began my life change 5 months ago, and I hope the excitment remains throughout my journey. I have to watch myself though, because I find myself talking about it too much, which I believe annoys others.

Oh well, thank goodness for 3FC, because I know no one here would ever complain, hopefully!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I couldn't agree more. I'm having a fabulous time. I've always been very disciplined in every area of my life except food. It always bothered me that I could be smart and successful in a lot of ways but couldn't control myself around a bag of Hershey's kisses. Now for some reason the whole food thing just isn't an issue anymore and it feels great. It's not that I've learned to control the urges; they simply aren't there anymore. It's a new, fun way to live.

At 43 I've finally stopped eating like a college student and my body loves it.

I've always been athletic, even when really fat, but there is a real joy to going to the gym and finding that I can make my body do what I want. I'm stronger and more coordinated and it feels great.

You can all hit me with a rock if you want, but I'm just having fun with this whole process.

Of course, my attitude might also be influenced by the fact that there's been a whole lot more bedtime fun since the weight started falling off.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #7  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

I think it is fun too!! I like the little puzzles that I get to do every day, figuring out how to fit all the right nutrition and enough food into 1200 calories is a challenge but it's almost like a game. I LOVE shopping in the healthy sections of the grocery store, picking out the most delicious looking fruits and veggies and the leanest meats. I LOVE going to the farmer's market on Saturday mornings for fresh produce (and a wildflower bouquet!) I especially love seeing new numbers on the scale and feeling like a champion!!
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Trazey, reading your post this morning was just what I needed! THANK YOU!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Trazey, I agree! In fact, I say (only half-jokingly) that weight loss has become one of my hobbies. And as far as how long it has lasted: I've been losing weight for 2 years and one month, and it is still fun at times, just not all the time.

As the ultra NON athlete, it is fun to push myself to do more. I'm always happily surprised when I'm able to do something I couldn't do earlier.

I will temper this with this statement: It is more fun when you're losing than when you're plateauing. After being on a month long plateau where I wasn't really trying as hard as usual, I'm back in the game this week, and it has been more fun.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Default So far I'm having fun

Ive only been at this for 5 weeks but I'm having fun. I often get a little obsesive about new stuff. I love to make lists, charts and graphs. I've having fun tracking my food, exercise, progress and that of the other people in my challenge groups.

I'm not usually one for competitions but I've really gotten into the challenge groups. I know there's no prizes but everyone who compets is a winner in these.

I'm having fun waiting to see what the scale says in the morning. It's almost like playing the lottery or a slot machine every day. What's it gonna say today.....and.....YES! It's gone down. A few times it's an....Awe! It went up? Okay, I'll play again tomorrow.

I hope it stays fun for quite a while longer. I know that it will get much harder if I'm not having fun.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #11  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I am totally obsessing over this. I talk about it all the time. Someone called me concieted the other day over it. This is the major thing I am doing in my life. I believe it does deserve this type of focus at this point!

I love tracking my workouts and food. I finally had to get another calender just devoted to my workout schedule. It's like a daily incentive cause they I get to put what I did and if I don't frowny face.

I realize it won't be fun when I hit a plateau but I hope not anytime soon! I think while exercising I think I love my body now because I feel like I have control. It does not control me anymore!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I am totally obsessing over this. I talk about it all the time. Someone called me concieted the other day over it.
Isn't it sad how people could think this. If you were in school and just said you passed a big test they'd be happy for you. But with saying you lost weight now you're concieted. Hhmmm. Maybe your friends aren't very comfortable with their own weight and are just jealous. From now on just let them be jealous. If you want to brag (and you've earned it) come here. We'll always cheer for you.

I'm bragging cuz I've lost 21 lbs in 5 weeks and I've already got my exercise done for today!!
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Yep - I agree! I do think it is fun to be on this journey! (and for me, it will be forever) I love trying new recipes, and seeing the numbers go down - or even stay the same! It is a thrill for me to NOT go up! I get excited every time I get dressed now even.....still in amazement at how small I am getting - I love it!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Trazey - It -is- fun! I agree ^^ Most of the time I'm bouncing up and down on a Monday wishing it was a Thursday so I could do my official weigh in! Feeling proud of myself after every healthy choice, every step taken, every glass of water gulped down.

I sometimes feel like the little engine that could. "I can do it I can do it I can do it!" It's so energizing.

And Daimere, I know how it is to feel like you're talking too much about it with friends, but you just are so into it that you want to -keep- talking about it. I don't want to bore them, or make them feel like they should be doing something similar, but I'm happy for myself & yeah, bragging a little that I'm making it. That's one of the reasons I joined the board, I knew that there's always going to be someone here who understands & wants to chat about it with me even more!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #15  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I kind of agree. I've never eaten this much in my life!! I used to compeltely skip breakfast, throw together something light (two pieces of break and some meat) then starve starve starve until supper. From supper on, I binged!!

Now, I'm lugging tons of food to work (a couple of yoghurts, diced/dried fruit, high bran low fat snacks, a lean cuisine, box of juice, and water). And I think... oh my god. I'm eating!!! AND I'M LOSING WEIGHT!!!

I've been (purposely) missing my 1st bus home, so I have to walk the 14 blocks to take my 2nd (60 block) ride.

My kids are having a blast walking with me after dinners. We play games like "eye spy" and who can collect the most leaves.

I do get bummed some days - but I've had more ups then down.

I feel so energetic now.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote