South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Good Morning Chickies!

I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee and waiting for the caffeine to kick in. I must be getting lazy these days, all I want to do is curl up on the couch with my book. Today's my turn to take the girls to school and run errands for Cindy. After school we have a playdate at the Moonbounce Park. Then it's back home again to enjoy leftover Taco Bake and watch Survivor.

Kara, the book I'm currently reading now is Memoirs of A Geisha, and I'm really enjoying it. How's your toe doing? I hope you have some open-toed shoes you can wear while it's healing.

I'd better go blow-dry my hair and fix some breakfast. Lisa has me hungry for pancakes, but unless someone makes some for me, that's not happening!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well!!! There I was thinking I'd get to start us up and Cottage is on her second cup! I read Memoirs of a Geisha a few years ago and loved it. I must read it again.

I was up at 5:30 after falling asleep watching Private Practice (8-9) but had to lug the garbage to the road for pick up instead of poking around in here. Just for the winter, when it's dark and cold, they've changed the pick-up time to an hour earlier! We'll watch and see what time it actually happens.

After a horribly hectic day, I have no "stuff" scheduled so it's a Me Day. I even postponed my haircut appointment! Whenever I do that, my hair gets annoyed and starts to get all "sticky-uppy" as my GD says.

I have a bit of cooking for the weekend to do and then the cookie baking marathon will continue. I have my doughs made and in the fridge and may bake and freeze today. We have a "Cookies Only" sale at the Church Saturday morning and also want to fill Doug's truck for the Food Bank.

A 3FC friend, Hollyhock, is coming on the weekend. I've never met her IRL but am looking forward to it. Should be fun and busy as there is lots of stuff going on at The Mill for Thanksgiving Weekend.

Better get cracking. It's foggy out there but there are stars and a crescent moon so the day will be great when it gets cranked up.

What's happening with you today?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Cottage, I'm on my second cup too and almost ready to face the day. Also looking forward to survivor tonight. We call Suvivor night "date night" and I used to fix brownies for the show. I started fixing them again for my husband when the new season started, but find I really don't want them anymore now.

Just realized last night that I am off of work tomorrow (fair day) so may start repainting my kitchen with the long weekend.

Speaking of books, a friend of mine has been writing a book for a few years. It came out a couple of weeks ago and she sent me a copy. I got finished it last night...really enjoyed it. I was so exited when I read my name in the acknowledgements in the back!!! She was on Star Jones show a couple of days ago and is now flying all over doing interviews on it.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth and Cat!

Cat, that's fantastic news about your friend's book! I'll have to look for it. It sounds similar to a book I read not too long along by Barbara Delinsky called Family Tree. How nice to have a long weekend to look forward to, enjoy it!

Ruth, have a nice weekend with Hollyhock! I remember her from when she used to join us in the Daily Chat here on the Beach. Give her my regards, and try not to eat any of those cookies! Enjoy your "day off" today, too.

I decided to have a Nessa bar for breakfast, and packed a salad and a cup of Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup (TJ's) for my lunch, with an apple to snack on, so I'm good to go for the day.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, the sun is trying to break though here. Cottage, I am with you I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I have been super tired this week. The time change must be coming soon. Hope everyone has a super day.
Ruth- have fun baking cookies.
Feme- Congrats to your friend, that would be neat. Have fun painting
Cottage- lunch sounds yummy have a great day with your wee ones.
Me- Not sure whats on my plate today, lots to do but not sure what I am going to tackle. The only plans for sure is the play ground this afternoon. And dance class tonight.
Have a great day chicks.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Thursday morning!

Cottage: Don't mean to jump into your conversation , but Memoirs of a Geisha is my favorite book of all time. (I even like it better than the Harry Potter series! ) I've done no less than 5 papers/speeches on the book! Anyways, I hope you really enjoy it. Hearing you talk about pancakes makes me want some. Maybe that's what we'll have for breakfast Saturday.

Ruth: I'm so glad you have a whole day for yourself! I told DH about your cookie-baking marathon and he looked at me like, "Where's my cookies." I told him your cookies were for a bake sale and that I would bake just as many as you are going to, but that they all had to go to the food bank. He was not happy, so I made him some Boo Berry Treats. MEN! I hope that your day off is WONDERFUL!

Cat: I think it's great that the brownies aren't as appealing for you! What color are you painting your kitchen? I'd love to see pics. I'll have to check that book out! It looks like a good read!

LC: Hope the playground and the dance classes are a lot of fun for you AND the girls!

Me: Just finished breakfast and I'm waiting on DH to finish in the bathroom so that I can get in. I finally got up and got a workout in this morning. I really LOVE getting it done before I start my day. I feel better and I have more time in the evening to hang out with DH. Last night after dinner we watched another Ghost Hunters marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. What a great show. I'm guessing that it will be our new show now that My Boys has ended.

Tonight I will hopefully get to those rose bushes. (Can you tell that I may be procrastinating on purpose? ) Dinner is a simple stir fry and since I've gotten my workout in already, I guess I'll be tackling them tonight, but that's all I'm planning!

Well, I'd better hit the shower if I'm going to be at work on time! Have a great day, chicks! Here's some for those that need it and a for those that need that!

, Kim
Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

What a beautiful day on the beach! Supposed to be in the high 80's here today and the next couple of days.

Cottage I'm with you on curling up on the couch with a good book! I have so many on my shelf right now that I have't read. I have had nessa bars for the last 3 days, I love them!

Ruth Enjoy your "you" day! I hope it is filled with all the "everythings", and "nothings" you want if you get my drift.

Cat Enjoy your day off tomorrow, its so nice to look forward to a long weekend! I to am looking forward to Survivor tonight.

LC Whatever you decide to tackle or not today I hope you have a great one!

Kim Here is hoping you get to those rose bushes tonight! Good job on the morning workout, I am like you I feel so much better getting it out of the way first thing in the morning before my body even has a chance to think about it and protest!

Me Pretty boring evening lastnight. I was up for an upgrade on my cell phone last week and ended up getting a blackberry (waaay more phone than I need) and spent a good portion of lastnight messing with it learning the ins out outs of it. I now know why they call them crackberries, step away from the phone Stephanie!

Not much on tap for today, work has slowed down a bit allowing me to breath easy for the time being. Hope everyone has a great day!

Steph
Old 10-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mmmmmm....... pancakes.........

Dang it! Someone snap me out of it! My body does not like pancakes anymore, although my mouth does.

Good morning girlies! What's going on? Was going to have a mostly relaxing day off today (piano student hasn't called so no piano, just have to pick up some things at UPS and go to the grocery store, maybe do some laundry) and then I got an email from my boss who is soon being replaced by someone else.

Apparently Wiggles' store is up for closing in January if we don't get their comp #'s up 15%. That means we have between now and January to get people to actually GO INTO that store. We're going to have to market the **** out of the north end, like 5-10 thousand coupons out a week. Ugh. I don't want to lose Wiggles' store.

Called Wiggles (who lives across the hall) as soon as I got the email and he didn't answer, so I sent a text saying to call when he got up. He called back and said "SLEEEEEEEPINNNNNNGGGGG." Sorry kiddo. I hate to break that kind of news. But the positive part is that it's not definite. We still have time to get people in there so they don't close it.

Going to start some laundry and try not to think about it too much today. Better get a move on. I don't know if I'm going to shower before I go to the store. Probably not. Hope you girlies have a good one! Talk soon.

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 10-04-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #9  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone!

I think i finally broken my stall *keeps fingers crossed* I have been flushing my body with waaaaaaaaaaay more water than I normally drink, and I think we are on track maybe?? The official weigh in day is tomorrow, so we will see.
other than that ... our new lexus is finally in, so we have to go by the dealer to pick that baby up, and we will being spending the weekend doing something other than working on the house. W00T!!

Cottage Memoirs of a Geisha is an excellent book - i enjoyed it very much! So what are nessa bars....

Ruth Have fun on your off day...what kind of cookies are you baking...?

Cat gl with the painting! I finished painting my whole house so I will send well-wishes your way.

LC what kind of dance class ? i always wanted to try dance but i am such a klutz...

Kim i love the sci fi channel - they always have the best shows. we watch GH too, along with dr who/stargate atlantis/and battlestar galatica.

Pacer - i have a blackberry too, and there is a reason it is called the crackberry. it sleeps in my bed which is sad. mine is b/c i am a sys admin and if one our machines takes a dive, it has to get fixed asap.

Weezle - have you tried the SBD P1 pancakes? we make them on the weekend as a treat and i love them, i feel like im cheating they are so good.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks,

I am having one those crazy mornings and I just wanted to say "hi", so "hi"...

Have a great day!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #11  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

just popping in to say
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #12  

Arrgggh! I need some , girls! The soda cravings are hitting me like crazy and the cold water pitcher is empty and there's no ice! AUGH!

PS: One of my objectives for the week is to avoid any soft drink completely.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #13  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

i got a answer for you Kim if it is caffeine you are craving.
Fruit20 makes caffeineted water...

http://www.kraftfoods.com/Fruit2O/home.html?channel=4

i really like the taste of it and the immunity flavor...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #14  

Wow! Thanks SandStripedcj! I'm going to stop by the convenience store on the way home and I'll have to see if they have them!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! We are so deprived here in the Great White North.

I am so proud of myself! I cooked all morning and half the afternoon. I have on hand broccoli soup, red pepper hummus, a great pork and pepper casserole AND I made four different kinds of cookies - butterscotch bars, Christmas cake cookies, cranberry and white chocolate and cinnamon cookies AND did not nibble a single cookie, chip or cranberry! I now have 16 baker's dozen packages ready for the sale. (A baker's dozen is 13.) I even took the leftovers to the vet late this afternoon when I went to weigh Hershey! More to do but I'll just make the doughs tonight and bake late tomorrow afternoon.

I feel just stuffed with but maybe it's the flour I've been breathing in!

Hope we all have a good evening. Anybody watching Grey's Anatomy? I will if I can stay awake until nine! I'm beat!
Closed Thread