View Poll Results: What's your weakness?
Candy corn 4 44.44%
Black & Orange wrapper peanut butter candy 1 11.11%
Commercial chocolate (Reese's, Hershey's, etc.) 2 22.22%
Hard candies 1 11.11%
Candied apples 1 11.11%
ALL of the above 2 22.22%
None of the above/other (please elaborate!) 2 22.22%
None of the above cuz I have WILLPOWER!! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies #30

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had to vote on two items. Candy corn. As long as it's Brachs. No other brand will do. I can eat it but it always gives me a tummy ache!!!

I love Reese's PB cups but didn't vote there.

Lately I've been having a hard time with black licorice. Yum. Oh, and Jelly Bellys. My MIL called--they toured the Jelly Belly factory and she's bringing us many bags of the stuff. Yikes.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Allison, have you had the popcorn flavored Jelly Belly? It smells just like buttered popcorn and has a taste like a popcorn ball! Yummy! I love black licorice too...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #4  

I'm a candy corn lover. If I open a package, that's the end of it! I can't buy it.

I am officially fat! My pants are getting tighter. I just can't get on the wagon again, especially since I haven't been exercising much. Once my foot gets fixed, I am hoping to start doing more!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dad started getting much worse yesterday and it looks like the end may come soon for him. Ladies, my dad and our family could really use your prayers right now.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #6  

Halloo all my lovely Floozies. Can I just say what a great group of ladies I think y'all are? I being this group's moderator!

My day has been pretty great so far--I felt the baby MOVE for the first time (more than a flutter, but not quite a poke......kind of like running your finger across your palm) last night. He actually woke me up!! Hmmmm......I hope it was really him and not a dream or wishful thinking

This morning when I called to find my checking account balance I discovered that my manager nominated me for a $500 cash award, which showed up yesterday!! I had NO IDEA!! I love surprises like that!! (exclamation point! )

SUZY I am so sorry!!!!! I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. I don't want to imagine it! Just remember that all of your Floozie sisters are here for you.

How come none of y'all have voted for the last option in the poll? Does this mean I'm not the only one with NO WILLPOWER?

Last edited by 4myloves; 10-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #7  

Suzy my heart and prayers goes out to you. I know that this must be very hard for you. I remember when mom was in the same situation a few years ago. You gut hurts so much and you can't stop thinking of what is going to happen. Hang in there, feel peace and know that we are praying for you, your dad and family.

Cheryl is that exciting. I remember the first time I felt life in me and I wondered if it was just gas.....lol Towards the end you will wish that Baby would just quiet down so you can sleep. They always seem more active when you are lying down.

Well it is later than usual I am still in my pj's and I want to go swim so I better get off my butt and get moving.

This weekend is our Thanksgiving. I am having the kids over for dinner saturday which will be very untraditional. We will be having seafood. On monday mom is having everyone over. MMMM pumpkin pie.....
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #8  
Janice

Suzy - prayers for you and your family. I know how terrible you must feel.
Happy Thanksgiving Dee.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Suzy, prayers sent sweetie. If you need anything at all, you know where to find me. I hope your dad can find peace soon and that your family can find comfort in knowing once he is in Heaven, he will no longer will be suffering and he will be free of pain. God bless you and your family.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #10  

Happy Friday!

This will be my last post for a little while! I'll be out of town next week. Mom and I are going to Branson. We're leaving on Tuesday and coming back on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to the time away/off work.

Suzy, I hope you're able to find the peace you need with your situation, whatever happens. Remember that we love you.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #11  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all for your prayers...please keep them coming. The hospice nurse was in today and said that my dad's time left with us is short...probably days. I'm spending most of my time at my parents house and just coming home to sleep, but I'll do my best to keep you all posted about how things are going.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #12  
Losing it!

Suzy, a prayer for your father. May I please know his first name so I can continue to pray for him?

Holy Spirit of God, Be present to all who are dying,

Sustain them by your power; Console them by your love.Even in their sufferings, will them with your joy.

When their eyes close to the things of this world, Grant that they may open them again on your unfailing light, and grant that, losing this world, they may gain all things resting in eternal possession of you. Amen.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #13  

Suzy my prayers are with you and your family that you may find peace.

Janice Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your long weekend.

Gayle what a lovely prayer.

Cheryl I am glad that youare still able to get away. Enjoy your time with your mom.

What is with the green highlited words and underlined. I didn't do it. How about you Suzy did you do it. I think that it is kind of strange. Oh gee I just clicked on the words and there is a search. I don't know what that is all about. Do any of you see it?

Sheesh my crab is jumping out of the pot and heading for water in the toilet I better go catch that critter.

Last edited by Deelite; 10-06-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  
Losing it!

I noticed the words too Dee. ??????
I was just thinking today how so many of us here are facing difficult times with our elderly parents. It's true Cheryl, enjoy the time you have with your mom. One day she won't be able to take vacations with you etc.
My mom is having some issues, we go to the doc Tuesday and we are also getting her setup with a medical lifeline this week at home. She keeps falling and I am suspecting she is blacking out for a few seconds and that is causing her fall. She is on walker duty per her daughters order and she is none to happy about it!! :-) this last time she fell backwards and hit her head on the edge of her concrete porch. :-(

Suzy, I am thinking of your family today...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Oh Dee! I just re-read your post! I am shocked! Your a crab killer! YIKES! How could you do that to the poor little guy??? I hope he was able to make it to the toilet!
Closed Thread