Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft1

Default I don't know how I've done it, but...

I've gone from 228 to 226 now!!! Is that possible in a whole day?

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-02-2007 at 07:38 AM.
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:09 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey ZoeJayne,

Yes, it's possible, but it may not be mostly fat loss unless you did a huge amount of exercise yesterday!

The body's weight goes up and down a lot, even during a single day. Mine will change 3 pounds sometimes from morning to afternoon. Usually this is a result of water retention, or eating, or who knows? But, the important thing is that the scale goes back down again.

I'd say, be happy with that 2 pound difference--but don't let yourself get down if the scale is up again tomorrow. Lots of folks only record their weight once a week so that they don't get thrown around by those daily changes.

Just stick with a good food plan--you'll keep dropping!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's really hard to look at weight on a day to day basis. We tend to fluctuate so much, just with every day stuff. I weigh myself every single day, but only "count" and record it on Mondays.

So yes, it is VERY possible. Just don't count on it happening very often. And don't be upset if it goes up a pound tomorrow. Or 2. I very often have 2 lbs swings either way during any given week. That's why I only "count" it once a week.

Stay with a healthy eating plan and exercise routine - and the weight WILL come off. Good luck.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-02-2007 at 07:41 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

Yeah ditto what robin said. The most disappointing thing sometimes is to recognize your lbs as "lost completely" and then be very upset later when they "come back". Realistically weight fluctuations occurs within a month in a cycle or perhaps weeks with respect to the menstrual cycle, or even within a day (morning and night). You should be very consistent in weighing yourself from the time you choose to weigh in to the location of your scale.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #5  

Yeah, double ditto on both of those comments. WW actually says to only weigh once a week in the information I have but I still can't resist the daily weigh-in. Still, like others, I only record it once a week, on the same day every week.
chasdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft1

thanks for all the help i think im going to avoid the scales and just weigh myself every monday!! avoid dissapointment then wont it
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote