Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 SOmething Daily Chat:Tues Oct 2

Hmmmmmmm...Rx--we were posting at the same time yesterday morning!! Let's see if Lauren has to combine threads today!!

Lauren--She came out 3 weeks ago to watch DH's kids while the three of us went to Daytona/DIsney World..sooo I only had her for 2 weeks but that was enough..She got bent out of shape on Sunday cuz K was crying and carrying on to "hug" the new Mike the TIger at the campus...She couldnt understand that if U hug Tigger the week before at Disney, why can't U hug Mike????? I explained that TIgers that walk on 2 legs--huggable, 4 legs--not huggable She just feels she needs to be more flexible and accept life as it comes...Hmmmmm..she is 64 and doesnt do that?????

Ok--Good Morning all!! RUnning late for work so it is a quickie..Seriously looking for a new job--nothing sooo far with the good hours/money I have at mine...I just really hate the "red tape" here..Heck--there is such a shortage of nurses--it should be easy..THere are pages of jobs--but I am picky!!!
Ok...have a great day!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Just a quick zoom by.

Food-wise, I didn't do too badly yesterday, I don't think. I guess I'll only know in a week or two's time how well I'm really doing. Did my 20 minutes on the treadmill and went for a 45 minute lunchtime walk. I did _not_ get my planned 20 minute evening treadmill walk in though. :|

DW and I got a written quote from our contractor of choice for some bathroom renovations we have planned. I've got some questions/changes that I'm going to need to discuss with him, but it's looking like it'll end up costing close to $20,000 - $25,000. *shudder* Oh well. It's only money and the bank has lots.

The big renovations decision made for a sleepless night - lots of tossing and turning. There's a bunch of other stuff going on - a good friend of mine is moving away within the next month - which I'm sure is weighing in on my mind. While I'm happy for him and his opportunity, I'm "losing" far too many friends this way. :|

Anyway - gotta try and convince myself to get on the treadmill again this morning. Keep smiling, everyone.

:Lawrence
Rooster.

P.S. RR - we nearly did post again at the same time, but I always check to see if a new thread is started before I hit "submit". If someone else has beat me, I just copy/paste this into the other thread and close this window.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM   #3  

YAY for the early risers!!! I am heading down for my workout soon. Just thought I would see what everyone was up to.
Well, chat with you all soon!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162 (post Baby)/133/128

Height: 5'9"

Morning Ladies!

Great workout this morning hoping the same for all of you!

Had to burn off the the "oops" yesterday lol. Tip: don't keep costco m&m cookies in the house, even if you honestly buy them for the kids.lol Best intentions are nothing when up against stress and PMS!

Everyone have a great day.
Lynne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning

Roo my question is this? Are you having a bathroom done in Chrome? That seems like a heck of alot of $$. We had ours stripped to the floor including the floor and it was 3000.00.

Hanna: "The little Dudes" That is too cute. As far as knitting, well I am glad you enjoy it. I do some cross stitch haven't done it forever but I tell you what I think the reason I never learned knitting and chochet is due to my mother always doing it she would make nice stuff but she would also scatter that crap every where and us kids would have to clean it up.

Well today should be easy and I am glad.....Yesterday was a day from ****

Have a great day everyone
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...good to see some many early risers. nothing really exciting. Just drinking my java before work. I have tomorrow off...and i really can't wait.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All ~

Just zommin' in on my broom to say Hi:-). Time to get three little monsters out of bed. Catch up with everyone later ~ Joan

Lynne ~ You had already had your work out under your belt by 5:56 a.m.... you go Girl!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, I hear you on the day off ~ I have three more days (including today)!

Sheila, don't forget Roo is in Canada and it always costs more there. (Unless its clothes at the outlet malls.)

I will post more later, probably after work tonight.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  
sheila

Lisa: That is true........Socialized health care but nail ya on construction.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #10  

Sheila, Read your posts and hope everything goes better for you today. DH will come around. Sometimes it takes someone else (other than you) saying what needs to be said in order for it to sink in. My DH is the least romantic guy I know. I have talked, talked, talked until I was blue in the face- NOTHING. His buddy made a joke about his lame x-mas gifts to me and you should have seen him really try when it came time for my birthday. Men are just plain weird!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #11  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Roo my question is this? Are you having a bathroom done in Chrome? That seems like a heck of alot of $$. We had ours stripped to the floor including the floor and it was 3000.00.
Nope - no chrome, no titanium, no platinum.
Just more than a single bathroom. Since our house only has one bathroom - the one full of mildew - we're going to have a brand new one installed (from scratch) in the basement. We're also having a laundry room and connecting hallway put in at the same time. After that's done - we now have a functioning second bathroom - and can comfortably gut (down to stud walls & plywood floors) and redo the one upstairs without leaving us without "facilities" in the house.

So - $20k is for more than a single bathroom.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #12  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all
I haven't been around in a few weeks. My father passed away in August and I've been dealing with that and trying to not let it effect my weight loss. I recently went to the doctor do get checked for diabetes (my father died of complications from diabetes) and found out my cholesterol is through the roof (Total=245, Triglyceride = 341, HDL = 30 all bad!) So he put me on Glumetza in the hopes to work with my PCOS and get my cholesterol to a healthy level. Anyway, I have been pretty good with the weight loss, I didn't gain and I recently in last week lost around 5 lbs so I'm happy!! Hope all are doing well.
Piiper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all...just dropped off DD at preschool, now I'm off to GYN to get my IUD removed (too many abbreviations, huh??!!). ANyway, I'm hopoing I will start feeling better soon. Continuing to do The Firm everyday, though. I absolutely love their workouts...does anyone else do them? I used them after I had my son in 2000, then I got into yoga and the treadmill, now I've been back to the Firm for about two months, and what a difference it makes in the way I look. I'm just hoping to get rid of this bloated stomach, hoping it's all the hormones.

Later all, have a lovely day!!

Pam

Last edited by pmasci; 10-02-2007 at 10:04 AM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #14  
sheila

Roo: That sounds way better and glad you are getting a new "Thinking space".
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #15  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Roo: That sounds way better and glad you are getting a new "Thinking space".
I'd much rather that my train room get finished faster - but that's unlikely to happen after this expense. *sighs* Oh well - more time to bust the belly.