Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #1  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Where do you all buy your workout clothes?

I was just wondering where everyone shops for workout clothes. I have lots of active wear bottoms from Old Navy. I use regular t-shirts for my tops. As I'm losing my stuff is getting to big and I want to broaden my active wear choices further than Old Navy. I like the look of some Nike's and Addidas' stuff, but the cut of some of their things is not what I'm looking for at my current weight.

Last edited by OptimistK; 09-30-2007 at 06:47 PM.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm actually not to fussy when it comes to work out clothes so long as they're comfortable.

At the moment I have a couple pair 3/4 length pants just old cheapies from the local Big W - fit well and are comfy. I also have shorts from the same place and Target etc...nothing name brand.

Tops are usually just generic tank tops.

The only thing I will spend a generous amount of money on is my shoes - I must have good quality shoes lol or I am in agony!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:52 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

There's a fairly large Lane Bryant at the mall I go to. Or there's always their online store. I bought a couple pairs of pants & work out t-shirts & (most importantly to me) sports bras. I know it's more expensive, but sadly it's about one of 3 shops I can get clothes at until I go down a number of sizes.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 PM   #4  

I usually buy my workout clothes at Target and Wal-mart. I have a few items from Lane Bryant and Just my size online stores. Hope this helps
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I have a mix of items and places to buy them.

Nike stuff I buy at Nordstrom Rack if I'm in the US, or at a local sports store. Lululemon I buy from any of the (many!) Lulus in town. Avia and other random brands, I buy from Costco, of all places!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #6  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

I am a wally-mart girl myself. I don't always look good in the regular plus size clothes; but their workout wear tees (JMS), and capri pants are what I normally buy ...
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #7  
hara hachi bu

I'm not terribly fussy either. When I use my stationary bike at home, I hop on in my pajamas! The more I work out, the more I want to buy fun/cute things to wear.

I find a lot of good things at Marshall's, for good prices too. Active wear is one of the few things I can shop for in "normal sizes". I found Lane Bryant's exercise clothing to be way overpriced. Their clearance racks have pretty good prices, though.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

I generally just shop at WalMart or target for my workoutwear. It's cheap and I don't feel so bad when I have to replace something. I like to spend a bit more on my shoes though for comfort and quality.
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #9  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I like others shop at Wal-Mart most of the time. When I was smaller I had cute stuff from Nike and Adidas. Right now I have 2 pairs of identical stretchy sweatpants from Wal-Mart that I like and wear every day. I always wear one of my many various tee-shirts, and I have had good luck with Wal-Mart sports bras.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

I like N.Y.L. (New York Laundry I think) work out clothes, which I get at Kohl's. I haven't bought any of the tops, but as far as the bottoms go, I couldn't be happier. They stay in place and I don't have to be constantly adjusting them every time I bend over. Plus they're comfortable and they have drawstrings that actually work for when you're loosing weight. I've had pants with drawstrings that aren't actually meant to be used.
Fooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Oh yeah, I don't spare on shoes, either. I have a pair of walking shoes, a pair of cross-trainers, and a pair of lightweight hiking boots. Sports bras I buy online because I have "special needs" in that department, and I get Enells.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #12  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Walmart all the way. I buy the Hane's packages of men's shirts and gym shorts. (Their men's shirts are cheaper than the plus size women's shirts, go figure.) Very simple and basic.

For shoes, I have a large collection -- Adidas, Nike, Saucony, etc.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

I buy fit-couture. I have really long legs and most places make pants that look like high waters on me (even the "size long"). Fit Couture has size long and extra long pants. The size long is PERFECT. That probably doesn't help the author of this thread much, but for tall girls reading this thread, I strongly suggest them.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #14  
Fat-be-gone

I get my t-shirts, shorts, and capris from wal-mart and target. I really don't like spending too much on clothes I'm going to work out in and get all sweaty in.

Maybe when I'm smaller and I can actually fit into the cuter nike, adidas, etc. gear....I'll be spending more money on workout outfits.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #15  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

WalMart and Target have comfy workout clothes that are really inexpensive. I just cringe when I go into somewhere like Dick's Sporting Goods and the name-brand workout pants are $60! Maybe someday as a treat to myself, I'd buy one of those cute, expensive outfits...but for me, the gym's more about getting sweaty and a good workout than how cute I look in what I'm wearing

That said, I ALWAYS buy good sports bras (which I buy at Dick's Sporting Goods)--I'm a busty girl and I need to be held in place. So no skimping there. I also always buy good sneakers (I'm partial to Asics brand), as I feel that proper foot support is VERY important.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote