Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Cool Hello all from Ohio

Hello all,

I found this site thanks to my wonderful cousin Nanj!

I started this whole journy back in May. Maybe in reality I started this ride much longer ago. I have always struggled with my weight. Like most of you, i have lost and gained enough weight to reach the moon and back. I always gain it back and then some.

I reached my heaviest weight this past winter, topping the scale at 316 lbs. I got to were I could not move well or even reach my own backside. All very depressing.

I found out my insurance covers the surgery and I am now working through the whole insurance requirement stuff. In the mean time I found out that my cousin was going to have the sugery and with the same doctor. She has been a great source of information and support. I am almost through my six month supervised weight loss, but the head doctor wants me to complete three more months of supportive surgery before he gives me the green light. Anyone else go through that?

I look forward to getting to know all of you and want to say how wonderful that this site is! Until we meet again.

PS. How do I get my weight tracker to show up?
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey Cuz!!

Yipee! You found us!! These are the nicest, most supportive people, I've ever had the pleasure to talk with. Hope you had a good time in California. Love ya!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

COUSIN!!!!!! so nice to meet you! as for the weight tracker - did you notice that it's working? congrats! these techno things are sometimes beyond me.

don't worry about the pre-surgery counseling. just about all of us go through it, just at different times. some do it before and during, and a little while after, and others do it right after, and some do it LONG after - this is something that we have to deal with over and over and over and over again.

and just FYI, my real life sis also hangs out here sometimes, but she doesn't post all that often anymore [computer died a long time ago, new one is still in box]. her name is peach pit. if you see her, well, ummm, go ahead and tell her a joke!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote