Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

View Poll Results: What should we do about the Maintainers Chat threads?
Have a daily thread 6 30.00%
Stay with a weekly thread 14 70.00%
Something else - please specify! 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  
Meg

Default Thread Question

I'm loving the fact that we're such a big and busy forum! And personally I think *everyone* should post here regardless of where they are in their weight loss journey. But members are commenting that it's hard to keep up with our weekly thread because it's moving so fast.

So -- do you think we should go to a daily chat thread? Or stick with what we've been doing with a weekly thread? Or something else entirely? (if you vote for that choice, you have to specify what the alternative is!)

Please vote and feel free to comment.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

- I spend most of my time on here while at work, so I actually have time to scroll through everything, considering I sit at a computer most of the day!

I'm all for the idea of a daily chat thread, though - it would definitely be easier to keep up... well... on the days that I'm NOT supposedly working.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Actually, I'm not sure myself. I personally can't keep up because I can't check too regularly (I can usually do it from work, but the rest of the time, I'm studying and away from the computer). But this is not to say it's the thread's fault, it's just me lacking time.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I prefer the weekly thread because I'll check the thread when I come into work, post if needed and monitor it during the day. Usually a lot of comments come in during the evening hours when I don't have time to check, so I'd have to read "yesterday's" thread and post any reply on "today's thread." I don't feel bad if I don't comment on everything that is going on during the weekly thread or if I don't respond to each poster. I'll skim over the general topics of what everyone is saying, but I only really read it in depth if it starts on a topic that catches my attention.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I don't think it much matters for keeping up. Same number of posts to read no matter how you slice it!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

I agree with Allison, that if we went to a daily chat thread it would be awkward to read yesterday's, then post to today's thread. I think a lot of new people have joined the thread, but it's not too crazy yet.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Although I don't usually comment on what everyone has written, that would be totally impossible for me, I do read most posts everyday. It is quite a big forum (thankfully), and I'm pretty sure we all understand that we can't always reply directly to one another or every single day. I always try to post on Monday morning, the start of the new week.

I think it should remain a weekly. I don't want to have to hop back between yesterday's and today's threads. I think a lot would get lost. I also think that having a daily would make me feel more pressure to post every day, and I can't always do that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks MEG for asking. I was one that posted I can't keep up. I meant that in a good way!

There are times I have much more time for 3FC than other's, when I have time I like to make "personal" contact with people to show support. Other times I just get a chance to read the posts. When I am out of town I try to catch up on the week-end if possible but not always.

I say stick with what you have ~ it's working!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

While a week's worth of posts is a lot to read, I don't have any trouble keeping up if I check once or more a day. I just feel bad when I can't talk to everyone! When a thread ends and I want to comment on something in it, I do have trouble deciding if I should post in old one or the new one. I think having a daily thread would make that even more difficult. I vote for keeping it weekly.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #10  

Hi Meg,

Thanks for clearling up that you do not have to reply to everyone in person...that is undoalble imo. I agree with allinelll..I skim every post, and reply or [post when i feel like it. I vote to keep it weekly.

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/120

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for bringing this up Meg. I have wanted to post on the weekly chat at times but have hesitated because I belong to a number of different groups and I can't even keep up with the ones I am on.
I feel relieved that is okay to post here if I have something I want to say or respond to and that I don't have to kindly respond to what everyone has posted.
There seems to be a core group on this thread which is wonderful but time wise I can only post now and then.
KatieK is offline   Reply With Quote