Old 09-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Black Team - Challenge for week 3 - "I CHALLENGE YOU"

Stacie -

Submitted for your approval - if you or others on the team disagree, I will delete the thread.

Was thinking of a game this week where we challenge each other. First person throws out a challenge -

I challenge you to... park your car at the far end of the parking lot everywhere you go tomorrow.

Someone else comes along and says - I accept your challenge and tosses out a challenge for the next person.

It might get us thinking creatively and try something new. The challenges don't have to be exercise based - just healthy habits like pack a healthy lunch, get up and walk around your house 3 times, don't eat after 7pm, take your honey for a walk around the block - fun stuff.

I'll start.

I challenge you to - do 25 jumping jacks, touch your toes 10 times and march in place for 3 minutes.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #2  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Great idea, happy2bme!!

I accept your challenge. I haven't done jumping jacks in a kazillion years. Oh, the pain.

For someone with a gym membership who hasn't taken a class yet . . .
I challenge you to take a class at your gym.

Go BLACK Team!!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I accept your challenge. I'll take yoga tonight.

For the next person, I challenge you to drink no beverage today other than water.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

I accept your challenge and I challenge you to walk around the block 4 times.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

How far is a block? lol. I live in the hills of Ky. We dont have blocks?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

That's funny because I think city people know what a block is and there is no such thing as a "block" if you live in the country.

In the city houses are laid out on a grid pattern with intersecting streets. Think tic-tac-toe layout. A block is the length of houses/street/sidewalk between 2 intersecting streets. Walking around the block would be to make one complete square.

So to avoid confusion, I will accept Casey's challenge. Was going to do it anyway last night but it was raining out. This will be fun because there are some steep inclines to cover *puff, puff, puff*

I like some of the challenge ideas you ladies have been throwing out.

With that I challenge the next person to commit to a totally on plan, clean eating weekend (to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

I sent the challenge and to tell you the truth we don't have blocks either, I live in rural Arkansas. I just figured most of y'all did, lol!

Last edited by southern_sweetheart; 09-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
That's funny because I think city people know what a block is and there is no such thing as a "block" if you live in the country.

In the city houses are laid out on a grid pattern with intersecting streets. Think tic-tac-toe layout. A block is the length of houses/street/sidewalk between 2 intersecting streets. Walking around the block would be to make one complete square.

So to avoid confusion, I will accept Casey's challenge. Was going to do it anyway last night but it was raining out. This will be fun because there are some steep inclines to cover *puff, puff, puff*

With that I challenge the next person to commit to a totally on plan, clean eating weekend (to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
I totally accept your challenge, with pleasure!

I challenge the next person to write out a list of WHY you want to lose weight, so that should you ever lose motivation, you can look at your list and get it back.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post

I knew what a block was, just wasnt sure if every block was the same size or what. If they were, then I figured someone knew the distance around one.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #10  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie501107 View Post
I totally accept your challenge, with pleasure!

I challenge the next person to write out a list of WHY you want to lose weight, so that should you ever lose motivation, you can look at your list and get it back.
I accept your challenge!!

I want/NEED to lose the weight for my HEALTH! My father has type 2 diabetes & unless I get myself under control & I will be dealing with the issues he is. I want to lose the weight so that I can be more active with my daughters. I want to be able to chase them & not get winded in mere seconds. I want to be able to teach them to ride their bikes, to do tumbles, dance during an entire episode of Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance with them. I want to be able to go to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Disney World, the freakin County Fair & be able to ride a ride with them. I want to teach them how to eat healthy & take proper care of themselves NOW, so that they won't have to deal with what I am dealing with. I want to FEEL good again.

I challenge the next person to add 30 minutes of exercise at least 2 days in the next 7 days. (I am doing this challenge for myself, but would love the company! heehee)

Last edited by realitymom; 09-27-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Adding WHY I want to lose the weight! =)
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #11  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitymom View Post
I challenge the next person to add 30 minutes of exercise at least 2 days in the next 7 days. (I am doing this challenge for myself, but would love the company! heehee)[/COLOR]
I accept your challenge, since I am doing ... um ... no exercises right now I really need to start. I am going to the Y tomorrow to get a consultation and they will design a fitness program for me. Even before then though I will try to get half an hour in today and then another half hour squeezed into the weekend!

I challenge someone to play tag (or soccer or baseball or other game that involves lots of movement) with their kids (or other small and energetic children you might play with) for as long as the kids want to .... twice

Best workout ever and healthy family bonding.

Last edited by edzard; 09-27-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:01 AM   #12  
Becoming Less Fluffy

Doesn't anyone have kids to play with? No one has accepted this challenge yet.

happy2bme, are we continuing this challenge for Week 4?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

I don't have kids - not even neighbor's little ones to chase around. I wouldn't be able to do this one until I go home for Christmas.

I'm willing to keep this up - I thought there were some good ideas put out and I even followed along on a few of them.

So with that - I challenge the next person "for every hour that you sit in front of the TV - during a commercial break you have to either march in place, walk around the room or do sit ups for the duration of the commercial break". Do this 3 days running. This will either scare you away from the TV or get you up and moving when you'd otherwise just be sitting. This was a tip I read a while back from a fitness expert on how to add little bits movement into your day.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:07 PM   #14  
Becoming Less Fluffy

I gladly accept your challenge, happy. I usually channel surf during the commercials, but I'm sure this will be a better form of exercise than "surfing".

I challenge the next person to go for a walk during one of your work breaks, at least three times this week.