PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Scarring

Ok, I heard somewhere (I think in a post here) that scarring is a side effects of PCOS. Which would explain why I scar so easily now.

Sadly, acne's another side effects and my pimples take forever to heal, leading the scarring. I also get ingrown hairs on my forearms because I shave the ugly black hairs off...which lead, again, to scars.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there's a lotion/cream I can use to help them fade. My arms look like I crawl through barbwire for a living because of all the scars!

Thanks.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I've never heard that before. I scar terribly! Everyime I've ever had stitches I have to have corrective surgery and it doesn't matter if it was surgical or from an accident. My ankle surgeon just shook his head and said, "your skin just should not be cut- ever". It doesn't even matter what has happened to me, I have a scar to show for it
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Try vitamin E cream - I know it worked wonders for an aunt of mine.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

as far as pimple scars go I spot treat with neosporin and that works really well for me.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote