Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Smile Weekly Chat Sept 24 - Sept 30

Deleted

Last edited by Dreamer85; 06-18-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #2  
Proud US Navy Wife

JUst a quick Good morning! from me, before I run off after a 5 day vacation - had my friend come down, and then yesterday was my 6 year anniversary with my boyfriend. Meh. Insomnia hit me last night and I didnt fall asleep until about 1 am. Boo!

mmmmm. Day 1 of back on track. so far, so good!

dreamer - i love your attitude! . Good luck this week, you can do it!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

Morning!

My weekend wasn't too good but not too bad. I didn't eat particularly healthily, but I also didn't eat a lot! I didn't put on any weight, nor did I lose any.

I spent my weekend sewing. As I'm new to sewing it was a lot of hard work!! I'm going to the Texas Renaissance Festival beginning of October and had to get my garb finished! I'm dressing as a wench so had to make 3 skirts, a chemise and a bodice!!!! Phew ... I'm all sewed out. I'll post pics on my blog later

Today I have my gym work out and then belly dancing practice in the evening.
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I went out of town with my boyfriend and we had a great time! There were restaurants involved but I am not too dissapointed with the choices I made. I feel like maybe I could've done better, but to look on the bright side I could've done A LOT worse. There was also a lot of walking involved. We probably walked about 3 miles saturday, so I think we did pretty good on our little vacation! And I am down 1 pound this morning

I decided to post my progress pictures in the mini-goal photo album. I was very very scared to do this, because they are pictures of me in my underwear. However, I thought about it and I thought I couldn't have come this far without this website and you guys have been such a huge part of the journey, so I decided to share my pictures with you. Head on over and check them out if you'd like.

Dreamer: Remember to breath, and don't try to take on too much at once, you're only one person! I hope life gets less stressful for you!

Fae: good luck with getting back on track, you can do it!

August: That sounds like a lot of sewing, you had to have burnt a lot of calories!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I didn't work out at all this weekend. I walked the dog for a total of 6 miles combined over Saturday and Sunday, but that's it. Nothing on Friday night, nothing on Saturday and nothing yesterday.

The good news is that I joined a gym on Saturday. So, tonight I'm going for the first time. I have yoga, couch potato to 5K and swimming on the to do list.

Food wise:

Saturday - 1350 calories (not bad considering we went out to eat on Saturday night)
Sunday - 1205 calories

Last edited by Amberelise; 09-24-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #6  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm new here, and I just started on my overall healthy eating/weight loss plan three days ago. I am counting calories...

I am doing pretty well so far, I am still riding that initial wave of motivation that tends to happen at the beginning of a diet (I've started and quit within 2weeks about 1000 times prior to this)... I'm worried about motivation dropping off, but I guess I should worry about that more when/if it actually happens!

I had a really relaxing weekend, took 30 min walks with the dogs both days, watched some movies, and did a little bit of homework. Feeling very good about myself so far!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #7  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

HI all... I pretty much posted about my weekend yesterday evening on the other link, so I won't bore anyone with those added details... I am visiting my DB Oct. 19... he hasn't seen me since I started losing and now, they are supposed to have a formal dining out. I have a cute black strapless dress from my graduation... but, I didn't think I'd ever fit back into it in time... my roommate made me try it on... and I think it can fit with 10 lbs!!! So, I'm going to "kick it up a notch" as far as exercise... I don't think I should take away much more as far as calories... I already eat an average of 1000-1100 a day. I want to start back up with weight training... lets hope my back is up for it!

Fae - as you can tell, I am a Navy girlfriend, too! Well, I'm new to it... he just started OCS September 9th. I miss him, but the one good thing is for a man that doesn't express too much emotion... his Sunday call was full of "I miss you" and "I think of you all the time"... it was nice to hear!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #8  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Oh, the weekend!! Such a good thing but also bad at the same time!

Eating was off but the weekend was good.

I got a new fitness video from Netflix over the weekend. 'Bollywood Dance Workout' I watched it first then attempted to do it. Much to my surprise it was faily easy and FUN!! I was unable to do some of the moves because of my ankle but it was still FUN none-the-less. Gonna try this one for the next few weeks and see what happens!!

Everyday starting tonight, no more excuses!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

casey - im going to check em out! go you!

hi everyone else- good weekend nothing too crazy. today is the first day of my RENEWED commitement of a firm plan. not just id like to lose some weight but I am going to loose 2 Lbs by the 30th. by the 7th. by the 14th etc etc. I hope this can help with my accountability and my eating!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

good **** give me strength. they brough carrot cake to work today and i already had a small serving (didnt eat my pirates booty to even it out) but now its the end of the day and im bored and hungry and man do i want more. must not. will not.

at 5 im off to work out.

hope - gl with the dress!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow another busy day on the forum today. Today has been another busy school day for me. I was at school/work all day and the AC was broken (and it is in the mid 80s today). Plus I’m not feeling well which made the day even worst.

Right now I am counting down the days until I get to go on vacation. I’m going to go to Vegas for a wedding and my birthday. I’m really excited. More exciting is I feel good about how I look and I think that is going to make my trip better.

Dreamer – Sorry you can’t sleep. I hate when that happens. I know what you mean about life been stressful I just keep thinking it has to get better sometimes.

Fea – Welcome back. Have fun on your vacation.

August – I wish I could sew that is more talent that I have. Let us how your custom turns out.

Casey – I’m going to check out your progress pictures. That is a really good attitude to have about a weekend away. That is always what I try to think when I’m out of time for the weekend.

Amberelise – Even if you didn’t work out you got 6 miles of walking in. I think that qualifies as a work out.

Chris – Welcome to the forum. Good luck!

Hope – That is a good goal to get things up a bit. IMHO I wouldn’t drop your calories anymore because you are already at the low end of what is suggested (1200 is what I always read the minimum should be) try and knock up your exercise a bit. I have been hesitant about weight training because I also have a bad back. What type of cardio are you doing?

Jana – I’m glade that your work out video is good.

ReadyFreddy – I’m glad you are recommitting. Now is the time for another plug for the planning threads.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #12  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Waddup my fellow disillusioned 20-somethings? My weekend was cool even though I had an ice cream incident. My hubbie and I are driving down the road, it's 9 o'clock at night and he says, "I want something cold." I freeze. We used to have late night Haagen-Dazs fests...a lot. I think, "I got the willpower, holmes, I can do this." You see. We have opposite tastes. He's a sherbet fan, me--cookies n cream. So we're standing in the isle and he has taken way too long to pick up his pint of orange sherbet. He's moping. Thinking. He cocks his head and says, "What kind should I get?" "If it was me, I would get Breyers Cookies N Cream." He reaches in and picks up a quart. WTF? I had an episode of sorts. I said "What are you doing?!?!?" After a couple words of amazement from me, he finally gets his pint. When I asked him about it, he said he wasn't thinking.

Question: Why do dudes not think?

We watched our movie. He ate his ice cream. I drank a glass of water

Sunday, I hiked 4 miles. One for every beer drank on Friday. Can I get a witness?

August -So cool that you sew. This is my goal for Summer 2008. Twill be the summer o'thread.

Jana -I haven't even thought of Netflixing workout DVDs! Thank you so much for this idea!!!

Chris -I feel ya on the motivation factor. This is my third week now, and I am someone that has never made it to week two. I'm a believer in motivation helpers i.e. old dress in the closet that cannot fit anymore? Hang it on THE WALL. Good luck!!

Freddy -It's cupcakes here at the library. I walked in tonight and there is a table FULL of cupcakes in the break room. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture

Have a great week, gang!

~Cheers.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Ollie: I love reading your posts, you are hillarious. Thank you for the comment on my progress pics, it made me chuckle
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Hi all,

Well as you can tell I'm new around here. And trying to start all over again on the weight loss scene. I was on LA weight loss up until May 07, but got seriously discouraged when it didn't work and ended up worse than when I started out a year before.

But now I've decided to have renewed go of it on my own. YEH ME!! And yeh to all of you for your successes.

I officially start my journey this week, but am of course off to a rocky start. Late appointments and no time to eat proper during the day aren't helping my cause, but I'll get it all figured out yet. At least I can say that I behaved myself for the most part yesterday and was down a pound this morning.

I'm glad that I decided to join this site. Everyone here seems really supportive, which is something I will definately need. And I hope to be able to give my support and encouragement to anyone who needs it too.

Good luck this week and take care!
HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #15  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Hey all... some of you are so good at commenting to everyone... I envy you... by the time I get through everyone, I can't remeber who was what?!?!

Remember - you should get an award for posting happy thoughts to EVERYONE! I just walk and hike for now, ellipse when I make it to the gym... since it's nice I walk my pup... she loves it! I am afraid to run b/c of the bouncing of my spine w all my back issues. I like to swim when the college's pool is ACTUALLY OPEN!!!

Ollie... my dress is actually hanging up on the outside of the closet facing me when I wake up and when I walk into my bedroom! Congrats on the water! I'm not gonna lie... losing weight is 20 times easier w/o DB around. HE CAN EAT ANYTHING!!!

Casey - I still need to check your pics... I'll get on that! You should be proud!

Freddy - isn't the workplace the devil!!?!?!?!

Everyone else... tomorrow's another day to get another success... good luck and congrats!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote