Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Daily Chat thread: Monday Sept 24

Good Morning!!! After a week on vacation in Disney--I didnt want to get up this morning..I really don't feel relaxed--Hmmm..was it getting up early everyday--riding rides and much of the time carrying a 40lb child???
She really enjoyed it this year--didnt ride anything last year but now that she is 4--loved the rides...Now it is back to the ole grindstone...

I havent had time to catch up--anything exciting I need to know???
I didnt gain any weight--actually lost but before I left--the MD called and wasnt pleased with my cholesteral--ok 203--right on the button..Wants me to lose more weight and excercise more..What a sadistic man....I dropped from 155 to 119 in a year and he wants more weight gone??I left for vacation really ticked off...
Ok..off to work!!!
Hello to everyone!! Update me!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

rr...more weight????? wow does he expect you to be stick thin. Okay so i'm not a human dr....but at 120 lbs...i would think if your cholesterol wasn't in a good range...than maybe we need to look at other things. Yes definately food, but you've lost a ton of weight and it is still high..what about other methods. to me 120 and still high cholestrol...ummm now we are probably talking some genetics here. anyways...sorry you need a vacation after a vacation.

i really was in a funk this weekend...didn't exercise at all and ate bad. Hopefully i can get out of it. alright all...off to drink more coffee.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

road runner: Wow that is a ton of weight but I wouldn't go thinner I agree with GG on that one. Disney for week? Disney world or Disney land and I want to know if you figured out any secrets on saving money there?

GG: You may not be a human doc but things are close to the same wouldn't you say? Go drink little one........Go drink

Yesterday was my anniversary. I spent most of the weekend by myself. The kids did their own thing. DH finally last night told me he didn't know what was wrong he just kept thinking about his dad. I just told him if you are not going to talk to me about it then hang your hat on our bedroom door knob so I know it isn't me.

It is monday catch you all later...........
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

RR, Welcome Back! Glad you had a good time. I disagree with your doc! Aren't you more or less vegetarian to begin with? I think your cholesterol problems sound more genetic...what do you think?

Sheila, Sorry you didn't have a real good anniversary. Glad that DH opened up to you a bit though, so at least you know it was him thinking about his dad, not something you "did", ya' know?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #5  

Hi all. I had a really crappy weekend. DH dropped Sophie off at her previous foster moms house. She really wants to adopt her. I did too. I dont know its all so mixed up and so detailed to explain. I loved her soooo much, just not enough to put us all through that.

So, my mom got out of work and we drove to the ocean to sit there while it happened. I was a wreck. Got alot of emotion out. When we got home I picked up Bella from school and her cousin so she would have a fun filled weekend. My Dh had to pretty much take care of things though cuz Sat. I woke up and my throat was soooo swollen (I dont know from crying and talking all day or what). I was sick all weekend and drank lots of tea and soup. It is so strange though. I honestly thought that this would be harder. I have to admit its a little bit of a relief for this to be over. We committed a little over a year to this and with nothing working, its a relief that things can go back to normal. Her foster mom said we can come and see her. I really want to give them a chance to bond and know seeing her will be too hard. So, Im going to not do any of that for awhile. I need a break too. It strange, every noise I heard, I was half expecting it to be her crying. She was always screaming all the time so its sooooo quiet in the house. I guess I didnt realize how stressful it was to have her here. I was thinking more about how bad future behaviors can be with this disorder and so afraid it would tear our family apart. I think I lost sight a little of how draining i was now. Well, I wanted to check in with u all. I have been doing good with the diet and since starting back on August 8th, I have lost 20 lbs. I have changed my eating, made healthy meals, not eaten out, and am exercising most days. I feel good about that and am psyched to continue to get in shape. Start a new chapter of mental and physical health for me and my family.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #6  
KAR

Morning,
Sorry I was MIA this weekend. Had a busy weekend. Plus got in a fight with dh yesterday about somethings that happened back in the Spring with our relationship. So I was in funk all yesterday afternoon. He said some means things and I just kept to myself and kept my mouth shut. It is better this way than firing off at the mouth to him. Then it would have made things ten times worse. Now it is back to the regular work week and trying to do everything at school and home and still be sane. Enough about me.
RR glad you are back from vacation. Sounds like you had a nice time though. Sorry to hear about your chorelstol. I don't think losing any more weight is going to be the answer. My mom had high cholesterol and she just had to change her eating habits to lower hers. Hope you can find a solution to your problem.
GG enjoy your day at work. Hope it goes smoothly for you. Enjoy your coffee!
Shelia Happy Anniversary! Sorry you had a rough weekend. I am glad that your dh finally opened up a little bit and let you know what is wrong with him and that it is not you. Hope your day is great!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you have a great day!
Chat with you later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. OK, here I am, falling out of the woodwork again! We've had a super busy few weeks. Things will be slowing down a little now (Wednesdays are still a little stressful!) and after October things will be back to normal all the time. I wonder how stressful life will be when Alex starts school if this is how we are now!

My diet life sucks. I just can't find the oomph to even care. I know the doctor is going to yell at me. I have to go next week for bloodwork and the next week to see him. I am a tad curious what it's going to be like 'cause last time I was in he said he'd give me another 3 months to start loosing then he'd do something about it. I'd like to know what he thinks he's going to do. Maybe that's why I have been so hard headed! I'm feeling rebellious! LOL.

RR: Loose more weight? Heavens, your doctor seems as unrealistic as mine! What's he looking for, a new skeleton for his office? Yikes. I'm glad to hear that you guys had a good time in Disney. I want to take Alex again. Maybe this summer.

Laurie: I don't know your story, but I wanted to offer you my support. You have to do what is right for your family. :hugs:

Sheila: I hope things are beginning to settle down with you and your DH. Do you think he will be open for counseling soon? It really sounds like he needs to talk to somebody.

OK, off to catch up on the house stuff that I let go this weekend. We took Alex to Strasburgh for Day Out With Thomas on Saturday and he had such an awesome time. It's so much fun to see him get so excited. On Friday night we had company for dinner, DH's cousins. One of them likes pudding desserts so I made Heavenly Hash. None of my family liked it. Ugh. I ended up eating most of it. I threw out the last of it this morning. Now I feel so dumb for eating so much of it. I should have thrown it out on Friday night.

Last edited by KarenK; 09-24-2007 at 10:49 AM.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #8  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Sounds like some of us had a rough weekend, I hope that the week gets better for you. I had a girlfriend that called in distress on Saturday and I had to go rescue her. Poor thing had a very hard weekend, but I think it may change the way she lives her life...at least I hope so.

I didn't get much done this weekend with her at my place, I was catering to her and making sure she was ok. I did manage to stay 100% on plan though, but I didn't make it to the gym on Saturday... I'll go back tonight, but it means I have to put off getting my measurements done until next Saturday.

I hope everyone has a great day!

MO: Thanks for the cheers on my dress. I absolutely fell in love with the design and bought it on the spot. Mine is on order and it's stark white instead of the ivory in the pic, but I love, love, love it! It won't be here until about January or February, but the wedding isn't until June 1/08. I ordered one size down from the one I tried on (which is about a 10lbs difference) but I'm almost there already. It sounds silly but I have to make sure that I don't lose TOO much weight before the wedding (can't believe I'm saying that), but the owner of the bridal shop said NO MORE than about 20 - 25 lbs or the dress won't sit right. That puts me at about 175ish for my wedding and then I'll start losing again after the wedding for our winter 08 honeymoon. We're thinking the DR or one of the Superclubs and I'd love to look fantastic in a bathing suit. I'd like to be AT goal before I go but I'll have 6 months after the wedding to lose the last 35 lbs, which is very doable.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone!
I feel awful today. Woke up last night with an earache - thankfully I have a cool doctor that just called in some antibiotics for me before it gets real painful. I just want to leave work, go get some sweats on and climb under the covers an sleeeeeep all day. Whoa is me lol ughghghghg
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

slim, feel better soon.

RR, I always need a vacation to recover from my vacations. Lol. Sounds like a nice time though.

Karen, what is the heavenly hash?

Laurie, I hope the "new chapter" goes well for you and your family.

Hannah, where are you?

Lauren, hows the job?

Hey everyone else.

Not much goin on here. Kind of in a funk. One of those strange days. I like coming home from work and having an hour or so to myself. DH was still in bed, ughhhh.

Talk with ya later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #11  

Default the monday diet

hello everyone, I joined yesterday, got some very nice welcome messages, thanks. this weekend was not very good (i mean I was not a very good girl) had pasta and bread and am not supposed to... today however I started again (hope this doesnt become a monday diet as many I've started). I have a 15 year old daughter who decided to stop eating meat, and a hubbie who loves red meat (he would eat a cow on his own, i swear) so its a bit of a struggle since as a very proper latinamerican mom, I cook at home (ha!)
anyways, just wanted to check the forum and was glad to see the encouragement I need is here, and yes, please, some (maybe many)
lacaracola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

This must be funk week either that or you all cycling to gethere I kid I kid please dont hurt me

Slim hope you feel better

RR- welcome back

Karen- I didn't know you lived in ampsterdam

Laurie-

hannah,Mo,GG,blue,kerry,alicia and everyone HI!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

lacaracola, welcome! What diet are you following? I can't stick to the no carb diets myself.

Sheila, you should treat yourself to something nice for your anniversay!

John, lol, I had to read back to see what you were talking about. I feel bad for you as I do DH when DD and I are "cycling" together. LMAO. Too bad I can't blame it on that. This is suppose to be my "good week" of the month. My DD was telling my that they now get "personal days" when they don't want to participate in Gym. I would just like to take a personal day today myslef.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the well wishes.... I am going to bed sooooo early tonight when I get home! Get my lil one fed and bathed then I am crashin!
Went and picked up my antibiotics and some Wor Wonton soup from my fav Chinese resteraunt for lunch......

John I am sick and crabby and you're still funny!

Laurie and Sheila - sorry you are having tough times! It'll get better!

Alicia - sorry you are missing out on yout alone time! That sucks!

Welcome Lacaracola!

ughghg I don't have any Oooomph to do a great post Whhhaaaa
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...john..you may not be far from the truth LMAO. I swear i'm out of my funk today...ate great and didn't have all the crappy cravings like this weekend...so i think maybe some hormones were doing their thing...lol i know tmi..but its weird how this morning on my drive to work (after the java kicked in)..i suddenly felt back on corse...still haven't exercised yet...not that motivated...but maybe after dinner settles i'll do something

laurie - sorry about the weekend...but i think you are now realizing that maybe it is better for your family life

hey to everyone else...and hope we all get out of our funk....
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote