Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Default To Any Dark Chocolate Fans...

Hi peeps,
I am a fan of dark chocolate and incorporate 1 piece of dove dark chocolate into my lifestyle as I think this is the best dark chocolate on the market!
However, now I just tried bag of russell stover sugar free dark chocolate and 1 piece of this dark chocolate is 40 calories, and delish, in my eyes I think it is right up there with the dove dark, so I thought I would share my find with you, this brand is made with splenda..... They key is to stop eating at 1 or 2 pieces though to maintain your weight!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have a problem with any sugar-free chocolate. It makes me have "stomach" problems!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162.5/150/130

Height: 5'6"

I may have to try that. I love dark chocolate. Thanks for the tip.
lariann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
I'm a LOSER, baby!

I am partial to the Endangered Species dark chocolate bars. I especially like the gorilla bar (dark chocolate with mint). *drool*
hidingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #5  

I personally like to eat the real thing!
BUT, I have to buy it in individually wrapped small pieces for automatic portion control.
Those Dove dark chocolates in the big bag are good for this, and I keep them in the freezer, out of sight
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

I LOOOVE dark chocolate, and any chocolate for that matter.

modkttn's comment made me think of something that happened with sugar free chocolate turtles...heehee

It was teacher appreciation week and my students knew I was trying to be as thin and healthy as possible for my upcoming wedding, so one of them got me a bag of sugar free turtles... mmmm!

I was at my then fiance's house that evening, getting things done that evening (probably addressing invitations), and mindlessly eating turtles one after another (they were sugar free, after all!) and an hour later... the "stomach problems" came!!!!!! How embarrassing! I'm at my fiance's house and I've got gas so bad I can't sit up! I was lying on the couch moaning and farting and he just put my head in his lap and patted my hair and let me "get it all out." We were both cracking up, needless to say!

THAT was the moment I knew I would be married to this man forever!

Last edited by mom2mollie; 09-21-2007 at 03:12 PM.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #7  

I love the "chocolate traveler" tins, they have them at Trader Joes

http://www.thechocolatetraveler.com/

They are in a little tin and cut into little wedges. Not too sweet and lovely full chocolate. Serving size is 4 and calories 130, but I usually only have two. I love these as a treat with tea after all the dinner dishes are put away!

I'm on the Sonoma diet and chocolate and red wine are encouraged in small amounts. I really love it!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote