Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Lost Twinkies ~ Lost Judge Judy's

Well I am 60 days into my new life of "better choices." I decided when I started this journey that I wasn't going to measure myself and all that stuff that I did the last time, about 7 years ago, when I really tried to lose some weight, which I did do. I didn't want to bother with it. I didn't even take before pictures, wish I would have done that but at least I have a few that were taken within a month of when I started this trip down diet loss lane."

I did want to keep track of my miles and minutes of exercise though, that helps me keep up my "competetive attitude"...to see how many miles I can do. At first I started keeping the minutes because I wanted to get better times for my miles, as I put them in each day. I stopped worrying about that though because when I take the dogs the time isn't as good as on the treadmill (all that sniffing at the beginning) and of course the POOP BAG can slow ya down! ~ and treadmill times are not the same as on a street. I did want to keep track of my minutes though, so I could see how much time that I needed to put in to lose X-amount of pounds.

In the 60 days I have used 33,457 calories to run ~ walk ~ and weights (Now I am totally aware that these calorie counts off the treadmill ARE NOT accurate...work with me here ) I have run/walked 212 miles and did some weights. It has taken me 3,733 minutes to do it ~ or a little over 62 hours. I took a few days off, so it works out to a little over an hour a day average.

Now here is what I discovered that is FREAKIN' amazing ~ Are you ready for this? ~

I lost the calorie intake of 223 TWINKIES! isn't that AMAZING?! It takes 62 hours of exercise to burn off 223 TWINKIE calories!

The time I put in caused me to miss the equalvilent of 125 JUDY shows! I could have sat my butt in my brand new LAZY-BOY recliner and watched 125 JUDY shows instead of walking my dogs through the neighborhood. AMAZING isn't it?

I knew I could live without the TWINKIES but never - NEVER did I ever think I could live without JUDY!

AMAZING! flat out AMAZING!

SO, was there a reward for all this trouble? Humm... Well I started at 201 pounds and now I am at 178 pounds.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

(Why would anyone eat a Twinkie?)

Well EZ, you've left me speechless. But, I'm not sure your post has to do with Weight Loss Support. Did you want some support with that?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Maybe we should move it to General Chatter, what do ya think Jay? Gary?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Whatever works ~ you KNOW I TRUST your judgement!! Robin you ROCK!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'd like to see you try to eat 223 Twinkies!!! LOL

I like the math and the analogies, though!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Is that a bet ALLISON?

What's a matter with my math?....and anal...what?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Gary, I think we'll let it go - this time.

Hey, don't forget to update your stats. I know it must be difficult keeping up with that ever changing ticker - YOU most certainly ROCK! But, I just don't know how EZ you are ()

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-20-2007 at 07:29 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Is that a bet ALLISON?

What's a matter with my math?....and anal...what?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Robin if you only knew how long it takes me to FIGURE out how to change that stuff without Angie's help!

That is kind of why I have the dog pictures in the avatar...I did that. She was trying to help me post some before and after pics...but they were too big...well...somehow I made her mad (it was taking her too long) and she left me high and dry to fend for myself on the computer for a few days.

Don't worry though...my allowance is coming up...I can "buy" some help from her....after all she gives me $5 a week to do WHATEVER I WANT WITH!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #11  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

You sound a little psycho, and I love it!!! I like Judge Christina, but I don't watch tv very much, if it's on you can be sure we're watching Homeward Bound or Aladdin... lol

Congratulations on your loss. It didn't just happen, all your effort paid off. And I'm sure your dog loves you for it too. Way to go!
shoupfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
(Why would anyone eat a Twinkie?)

WHAT? Why wouldn't they...that creamy sicking frosting in the middle 150 calories, heck they even FRY them up at county fairs now..WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT ONE....you're killin' me JAY!

Well EZ, you've left me speechless. But, I'm not sure your post has to do with Weight Loss Support. Did you want some support with that?

Jay
Actually I thought it was for weight loss support...that if I could do it, anyone can!

Seriously I am sure there are OTHERS out there that think they cannot live without JUDGE JUDY!

I am going to start a JUDGE JUDY support group soon.....
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoupfamily View Post
You sound a little psycho,A LITTLE? and I love it!!! I like Judge Christina, but I don't watch tv very much, if it's on you can be sure we're watching Homeward Bound or Aladdin... lol

Congratulations on your loss. It didn't just happen, all your effort paid off. And I'm sure your dog loves you for it too. Way to go!
WELCOME SHOUPFAMILY! We have several here from Washington. My wife and I even built a house in Kennewick a couple of years ago.

Enjoy your "KID" shows...they are the best!!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #14  

Great job Gary -- tremendous determination and will power!! And, I'll catch you up on Judge Judy --

Over your 60 days -- she's called 114 men "idiots", told 18 couples -- "if you wan't to play house and not get married, don't expect me to sort out your bills", "beauty fades, dumb is forever" 286 times, and my personal favorite 86 -- "on your best day you are not as good as I am on my worst".

Just kidding -- I'm sure the walks were more relaxing than Judge J!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

gary...do you think maybe its time to take up a new hobby..that's way too much thinking for an old man like you ROTFLMAO
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote