Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Red face After being sick...

Anyone else find it hard to get back on track after being sick? I could barely keep anything down last week for 3-4 days, but I gained 3 pounds! When I did eat, I didn't want to eat anything "healthy". I ate spaghettios, soup that I wouldn't normally eat, chinese food, etc. Then over the weekend I was so happy to keep food down that I gave myself a "free" weekend. Today I had a plan to stay on track, but I was so hungry I ate more than I should have, and even though my planned dinner is soup and cut up cucumber, there's no way I won't be over for the day. Not looking for advice per say, just wondering if anyone else experienced this before and how long it took you to get back to your normal way of eating.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I just had a similar experience but I didn't eat too bad. My problem is that I didn't exercise for like a week, and today it was really really hard to get up to do it. I almost didn't! So I feel your pain.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #3  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

this happens to me almost every time i get sick. usually it ends in a several day binge.
i got tonsilitis a few days ago and couldnt swallow anything, im just starting to feel better now, and i have done really good eating wise ....getting up and exercizing, thats another thing....it usually takes me a while to get back into that after being sick.
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #4  

The same things happening to me right now! I have a sinus infection of sorts, and I eat one large meal a day, and lots of juice and soda. I can't explain it, but my Evian water tastes disguisting to me right now since I've been sick, so it's all calorie ladden drinks (which isn't like me). I can't get to the grocery store, and my mother has NO idea what I like and is horrible with lists, so I just have her pick me up a sub or something and eat that one meal of pure junk.
And some gelato for the throat as well.
It's been five days, and I've probably retainining like 10 pounds of water.
...Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on so much!
AngelsEulogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I am still getting over my after-being-sick overeating! It gets better every day, but at least I'm making progress!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good for you, Modkittn! I'm glad you're getting better!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Glad you're feeling better!

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with "significant pneumonia"...I was MISERABLE. My lungs were shot, so I was pretty much bedridden for about a month...it was SO HARD to get back on track after I was better. In fact, it took me about a month. I was horribly sick though, and was scared to jump back into exercise.
I hope to never get THAT illness again.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote