Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #1  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Feeling sick after exercise.

I just did a low-impact aerobic tape and I feel sick: kind of dizzy and queazy. I just started doing them again after a break of about a week. I just started exercising about 1 1/2 months ago...when I first started exercising, I got the same feeling. I *think* the feeling went away after a few days? Anyway, is this normal, and why does it happen? Thanks for your replies!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

no that doesn't sound normal....have you been to a dr recently? do you have high blood pressure? are you eating enough calories? are you exercising right after eating????? you shouldnt feel queasy with low impact exercise as long as you are eating enough calories and not eating somethig that doesn't agree with you. I would recommend an apt with your dr to make sure there isn't an underlying issue like blood pressure or low blood sugar etc.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  
Future Wonder Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
have you been to a dr recently? do you have high blood pressure? are you eating enough calories? are you exercising right after eating?????
Hi, thanks for your response. The last time I was at the doctor was about 5 or 6 months ago and my blood pressure was fine then, although that could have changed. I've never had high blood pressure, but I think I should get it checked out again because when I DID see the doctor, it was because I was getting dizzy when I woke up or turned my head much...he determined that it was a form of vertigo that would go away on its own after several months. Well, I still feel a little dizzy like when I am trying to do alternating oblique crunches. As far as eating goes, I think I am eating enough cals: I eat between 1200-1750 cals a day, I try to stay at about 1700. When I exercise, it is first thing in the morning before I eat, after I have a 16oz coffee. Could that be why, because I'm not eating anything first?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #4  

yes its might be...you should always at least have something light on your stomach...such as an apple with peanut butter or some small amount of protein...try that and see...if not definately have it looked at...i suspect the quiesiness is something to do with the "mild vertigo" but i would make sure and go see a dr and have bloodwork done too...just to make sure
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #5  

MMV. The queasiness is pretty normal if you're pushing yourself too hard, regardless of the impact level of the tape. Back off a bit and give it time.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #6  
Future Wonder Woman

i will try that. i cant cut out the caffeine because there is no way in h*ll I could get up at 4:00am without it! I'll have to hold off on the bloodwork: our insurance sucks and we have to pay a portion of the bill and we don't have the money for it. But if it doesn't go away, I'll get further checked out.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #7  
Future Wonder Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
MMV. The queasiness is pretty normal if you're pushing yourself too hard, regardless of the impact level of the tape. Back off a bit and give it time.
Thanks! I will try to take it slower, it's a beginner's tape and they encourage you to do it at your own pace so it should be easy to cut back.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #8  

also...btw 1250 cals seems really really really low for your body weight. I think you need to watch going below 1600. that might help!!!!!!

also the vertigo will cause nausa since they are both related to the vestibular organ...but i would concerned if it keeps up!!!!!!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 09-17-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #9  
Chuggin' along...

trooworld, since you say you can't go to the doctor I would agree with GatorgalstuckinGA to eat something light before you work out. Also, do you drink any water before you work out? Since you haven't drank all night, you could be a little dehydrated when you wake up. Take it slow! I've definitely gotten queasy from exercise when I pushed myself. I can't eat much before I work out or it will also make me queasy, but a banana or piece of fruit (~100 cal) is usually ok. I am certainly not any kind of medical professional, these are just my suggestions.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #10  
Future Wonder Woman

Quote:
also...btw 1250 cals seems really really really low for your body weight. I think you need to watch going below 1600. that might help!!!!!!
You know, ever since I quit drinking during the week, sometimes I find it hard to eat more than 1200-1300 cals. I don't really eat a morning or afternoon snack, so I can probably bump up my cals by starting to eat those. I don't want to hit a plateau and not be able to go down in calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
do you drink any water before you work out? Since you haven't drank all night, you could be a little dehydrated when you wake up.
That is a good point, I don't drink any water, just coffee. I will try that. Hopefully between eating a little something, taking it slower and drinking some water, it will go away.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #11  
Future Wonder Woman

Quote:
BTW, here is what I ate yesterday. It is pretty typical except I usually have some sort of chicken or fish with dinner, it just happened to be a "vegetarian" night last night.

32 oz coffee with creamer - 59 cals
1/2 c Fiber One- 59 cals
.65 c 1% milk- 67 cals
1/2 c raspberries- 30 cals
10 raw almonds- 69 cals
1 fennel and chicken flatbread (on a whole wheat pita)- 425 cals
double crust bean pie- 401 cals
16 oz coffee with creamer- 29 cals

TOTAL: 1,169 cals, 54g fat, 98g carbs, 32g fiber, 60g protein

I usually don't go that low in calories.