Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability?Planning/Menus: Sep 17-23

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Today was weigh-in for me....down 2 pounds! I'm doing great with staying on-plan with food, but I need to start exercising. My goal is 420 minutes of cardio this week...that would be 60 minutes a day. It is an ambitious goal, but I'm going for it!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Rhonda Congrats on the weight loss!!!
I am hoping to post a loss Wednesday, only time will tell.
I stayed on plan This weekend, ate alot of fresh mango,but I don't think that is so bad . I didn't get to go walking yesterday, so I mowed the lawn for 40 minutes( push mower), and that worked up a good sweat.
I did my exercises today, and ate a good breakfast. I am making a veggie soup for dinner, I bought lots of veggies this weekend( even some new ones), so this should be interesting, usually I add noodles and cheese, but I will just be adding them for the rest of the family and I will just be eating plain veggie soup. The weather is finally cooler, and it is great. I am planning on going hiking next Sunday, it is too nice outside to stay inside.
Have a great day. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Well yesterday for the first time I made a menu for the week for dinner. I have been wanting to do it for a while but I just didnt "get around to it". Whenever I thought about it I didint feel like it. So I made myself do it last night. So I could schedule what I was going to eat for breakfast and lunch and snacks around dinner. AND I GOT MY TREDMILL!!!! YAY
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Last week was hard since I was out of town at a seminar for most of it. So, it appears that I "maintained" for that week. At least I didn't gain, so that's good.

It's kind of rainy here today, but my friend and I are planning to get back to our lunchtime walking. It had been so hot all summer here, we put it off until we could do it without completely melting. That helped me a lot before, so I'm looking forward to doing it again. She walks faster than I do, so it helps push me.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! It is gorgeous here today....sunny and warmish, but will a really cool breeze--perfect day, if you ask me!

Rhonda--Congrats on the loss!!! (And thanks for starting our new week!)

Cheryl--I am loving this cooler weather! Mmmm soup sound good!

Dek--Congrats on planning your meals and getting a tredmill!

Diane--Hope you were able to get your walk in today.

Yesterday food choices were ok, I just ate way too much. TOM is here, so I am chalking it up to that. Today so far food choices could have been better, but certainly could have been worse. I have a healthy dinner planned.

As soon as I leave work I am heading to the gym--legs and back (weights) and cardio. As soon as I get home I am taking the dogs for a walk--they will be SO excited!

Wednesday after work I have a hair appt....not sure what I am going to do, but we'll come up w/ a plan!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning ladies!

Well, I'm pleased to get yesterday out of the way - it was a very difficult day with having to go live with the new system. My first call took me 45 minutes to lodge the most basic claim that we do. Thankfully after that it only got better. There have been major issues with the new system and it's going to be a difficult few months. I've got a debrief today, so there's definitely a few things I'm going to bring up.

Weight-wise, I'm down a pound on last week. Not quite the 2 1/2 pounds that the scales showed yesterday morning, but I drank lots of water yesterday, so...

Rhonda, well done! That's awesome!

Dek, fantastic that you've got a treadmill. I'd love to get one, but I just don't have the space here - very small 1 bedroom flat and I literally can't get another large item in here.

Diane, maintaining given that you were away from home and it was difficult to exercise and make good food choices is wonderful - well done!

MJ, hope you have a good workout! Are you planning on doing something different with your hair or keeping it the same?

Have a good day, ladies
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/229.4/147

Height: 5'2"

This is only my second week (and TOM) but I did well with my food and lost 5.6 lbs. This week I really need to exercise more. I'm going to try to keep on plan with my food and exercise at least 4 days this week.
southern_sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi everyone!

I ate well yesterday and took my walk. Yay! Didn't go to sleep early, but I was reading a good book and couldn't put it down, so that's a little different from my usual issues. Today I've got some leftover work to do for some old clients, so I've got to run...

Have a great day!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

Not a good weekend at all. Saturday was the worst in a long time, after managing to get back on plan on Friday. Sunday was better. Not great, but I feel like I'm moving back in the right direction. Today, so far, has been good.

I need to do a lot of thinking and planning today so that my downward slide (and upward scale reading) doesn't continue. I've gotten more comfortable with my ability to stay on plan, so I have not said anything when my husband and older children have started re-introducing chips, cookies, and other junk into my house, which they bought in abundance on Saturday. So, I've asked them to stop bringing any of it near me for at least two weeks until I can regain some control. I don't buy these foods, but I haven't been able to resist them lately. So, one day at a time, one choice at a time. And I will spend a lot of my day thinking and planning so that it's all right there in my mind, and I will not be able to lie to myself that, "Just one won't hurt."
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I'm so sorry you're struggling, Laurie! I think you're right to get your family to help you by avoiding keeping junk in the house. Heck, it's better for them too, regardless of their weight! You've done so well so far. In the 190's for goodness sake! That's awesome. If you catch it now, you will hardly remember these last few weeks at the end.

It does get tedious though, doesn't it? It's easier to not think about losing weight, to eat junk requiring no preparation, etc. It sucks to be different from many skinny people in that they seemingly can eat crap and not gain from it. I think we all get weary at some point and give into temptation. But you absolutely have the power to turn it around. Your motto, One day at a time, one choice at a time, is what I need to stick to. Some days it's one hour at a time. Sometimes I can't make it an hour, but there is always another hour and another chance right after.

Keep going today. It all starts with one day of being in control. It gives you something to build on. I believe in you!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 09-17-2007 at 05:44 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:54 AM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good morning all,
Welcome Southern sweetheart,
Laurie How are you doing? My kids complain all the time that I don't have junk in the house, I buy them one thing for the week( a bag of doritos, or ice cream cones),and when it is gone, it is gone, and they go back to healthy snacks... Granola bars, trail mix, fruit, yogurt, pretzels ect...( they don't like it,but I think my health is more important than them eating junk), now hubby is another story , I have posted that he brings junk in the house, but for the most part, he brings single serving stuff in the house, and he takes days to eat it at times. He doesn't understand how hard this is, because he has never had this problem, so I try and deal with it. It is a struggle, if I see something that he left behind, I literally talk to myself, and say things " do I really need this?, I am going to gain weight again if I eat this", so far it works, but I do fear the day it doesn't . Just know I am thinking and pulling for you!!
I am suffering from sinus issues, I don't know if they are cold related, or allergy related, but I feel yelk, then one of my cats has gotten into the habbit of jumping ontop of my bed and wanting a massage at 3 in the morning, and if I dont' wake up she will wake me up, so I am really tired.
I am going to exercise today, and do it, no matter I feel like garbage, after i might just crawl into bed and sleep. Depends I have some leftover veggie soup and will eat this for lunch breakfast will be some oatmeal and grapefruit juice, and dinner may be smoked salmon .
I will not use illness as the excuse to ruin my plan
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Good morning, Everyone. Cheryl, sorry to hear you're not feeling well today. Take some time to pamper yourself today....you deserve it!

Well, I also feel like crawling back into bed for a while, but its not an option. I have too much work to get done today. Last night wasnt a great night's sleep for me....I kept waking up througout the night and I had disturbing dreams. Feeling tired always makes me want to head to the kitchen for that starchy "energy" boost. I really have to be on my guard today. Unfortunately, I didnt get my exercise yesterday (hmmm...possible cause of not sleeping well?) I got busy and forgot! Great excuse, huh? I'll make it a point to get on that treadmill today.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Gosh it's been a while....it's been so busy with the show opening and the event I had this weekend and the traveling I can hardly balance anymore! This week feels a bit more relaxed though....for starters I made it here! Fall has come to New England and I'm so excited cause it's my favorite time of year...if you've never experienced New England in the Fall I suggest you put it on your list of things to do! Anyway things have been ok....not great. I'm having days where I start on plan and then get busy then it all goes out the window...one day at a time i guess...I've got everything planned for today, I went to the gym last night and am planning to go again tonight so the work is done as far as planning goes...now is the easy part (ya, easy..) ... sticking to it. Well I've got some faith in today.
By the end of the week I'm going to start setting some new goals and get them down on paper. If the weather is cooperative I'm going to try to go do some hiking this Saturday....oh and if I can find someone to go with me... I like a partner for things that involve wandering off in the woods...it's safer. One day at a time....plowing through!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #14  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! So far so good today, although it is only 9:50am! Yesterday I did go to the gym--I could have done better w/ the cardio portion (didn't really push myself), but I did go right home and took the dogs for a long walk. Same plan for today....gym right after work (arms/shoulders and cardio) then dogs for a walk. I won't have time to hit the gym tomorrow (hair appt) and not sure about Thursday either, although I will try.

Nicole--Before you know it, you will be an expert w/ the new system! Hey--a loss is a loss, right?! I want to do something different w/ my hair--it's light-med brown, pretty long and pretty curly. Will probably go a bit darker on the color/hilight, but not sure about the cut yet....I am always brave until I get in the chair! LOL!

Casey--That's great! What do you do for exercise?

CC--Great day yesterday! I had to laugh...I have to set a time to stop reading at night, or else I can't put it down!

Laurie--Good for you for taking control! That's something I struggle w/ too...

Cheryl--Hope you feel better!

Rhonda--Hope you can get your exercise in today and some rest!

Gotta run and get some work done.

Have a great day!
MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #15  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone,

OK, bad day yesterday which resulted in me calling for pizza. Not very smart, but nothing I can do about it now, except throw out the leftovers and I've just done that. I refuse to beat myself up about this sort of thing now, because it results in an even bigger binge and then things just go from bad to worse.

I'm going out for dinner with my sister tonight - not sure why because this isn't normal procedure. Normally we'd speak on the phone most nights and email constantly during the day and see each other every couple of weekends. Guess I'll find out more tonight.

I'm going to have a busy couple of days - I'm looking at putting my flat on the market in about 18 months or so, so I can look at moving to the other side of town. It's all dependent on what happens with interest rates and the property market, but I know that the bathroom will need to be renovated. So, a friend of mines husband is coming over tomorrow night to have a look and see what needs to be done and how much it's going to cost. Being a bathroom, I don't think it's going to be cheap!

Welcome, southern_sweetheart! I'm looking forward to learning more about you!

Laurie, hope you had a better day yesterday and today. I've read your other post, but have got nothing to add that hasn't already been said so here's a for you.

Good for you, Cheryl! It sounds like you've got a very supportive husband which is fantastic. Sending the stay healthy/get well vibes!

Rhonda, what is it about us and sleep. I think all of us have had at least one bad night in the last couple of weeks - if not more!

Sunshine, stick with it! I don't know that it'll become easier, but it does become more natural if that makes sense

Curly hair, MJ? I am so jealous. My hair is sort of reddish-brown (reddish in summer, brown in winter) and straight as a board. I always wanted curly hair...

Have a great day everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote