Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #1  

Talking Carb Withdrawals...

I just started this just last night, as a matter of fact. I started feeling very strange today.

Hungry even though I feel I am eating a lot, mild headaches, and now tonight, I am feeling nauseous. That is what prompted me to look up "carb withdrawal". And sure enough...there is tons of stuff online about it.

I usually eat things like crackers, cereal, meat, cheese, salads, yogurt, peanut butter, veggies, fish, etc. Before starting this officially, I was able to already give up sugar by switching to Splenda.

But it always hard to lose weight. I figured that I have yet to try the low carb thing, so I am giving it a go. But yeah, the thought of eating more meat makes me feel literally sick. So I am going to have to have lots of various foods to eat. If I eat too much of one thing, it just makes me sick. So I am going to be hunting recipes, etc.

Also, does anyone know what I can eat if I am out and about and cannot make my own food? Any suggestions for fast food places where I can find something low carb, just in case I am out and need to eat something? I am just not used to having to worry about the low carb aspect. Its harder than I thought it would be walking through a grocery store knowing that so much of it I cannot have. I am having to change my ways of thinking now.

Well, even though this carb withdrawal sucks, its nice to see others who are also having it so I know its not just me feeling this way. Its comforting.

And I need a truck load of this stuff...

ghostlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #2  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

I always did the hamburgers wrapped in lettuce instead of on a bun - and no catsup of coarse and a bottle of water.

I hate the carb withdrawals - it really is the worst.

Last edited by Blueyedblond; 09-15-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Ghostlover!!

Are you doing Atkins Induction? If you are, its very important you get a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and you read it from cover to cover to understand how & why it works. In the meantime, you may want to have a look at the following links:
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...e-1-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...-of-induction/
http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkin...eptable-foods/

As far as recipes go, here is a link to some of the best low carb recipes on the web:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

When you are out & about, Blueyedblond is correct, a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce with no catsup makes a great meal. Salads are also a good idea...with grilled chicken or tuna salad...no croutons of course...and be mindful of the carbs in the dressing. Usually ranch is safe but...read labels. No more than 2 carbs per serving. Grilled meats, chicken, fish, pork are also good choices with a side of steamed veggies & a salad. Omelettes or eggs are also always a good choice.

Drinking a lot of water is also important. Try to stay away from things like Crystal Light & diet soda's.

The carb withdrawls don't last long and in the end, it will be worth it. I know thats difficult to believe while you're having them!

You CAN do this!!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-15-2007 at 07:36 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #4  

Yep, we all go through the withdrawl... it won't last too long and after that you will most likely realize you don't feel as hungry as you used to in between meals, as you did when you ate all those carbs.

We are all here for support!!
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Carb withdrawl is awful but after a few days you start to feel better and with a week you'll be on cloud 9
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #6  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

My withdrawals lasted about three days. They sucked. A lot. But after that, I felt like a new person! Don't give up! Stick it out and you'll be SO glad you did.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote