Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #1  

Default How Are You Loosing Weight?

Hello Everyone!!!!! I'm In Need Of Advice Please. I'm 5'7 228 Lbs. I Need To lose weight But I'm Having A Hard Time Looking For A Diet Plan Thats Efective. I Need Something That Will Tell Me Exactly What To Eat For Every Meal. If You Have Lost 40lbs Or More Please Tell Me Exactly How You Did It. Thank You.
kballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Well, I am currently up in weight, but last year at this time I was about 145 pounds and had lost 45 pounds.

If that's the kind of diet you are looking for the South Beach Diet is a good one, healthy and effective. I have never been able to stick to it but some people love it, there's a whole bored dedicated to it here.

I just cut calories, and try to workout. Different things work for different people though.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

ediets.com has a program where they tell you exactly what to eat for every meal (and snack) but it means a lot of measuring out food quantities. (measuring out exactly __ ounces of meat for your sandwich, for example). If that's something you can do daily you might want to look into it.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I haven't lost 40 yet, but I'm half way there! Cut back your calories, exercise, and drink lots of water... thedailyplate.com will help you track all of your foods and it will help advise you on how many calories you need according to your lifestyle... It also lets you track your weight, it is a great site and has helped me tremendously! Also, I'm a college student and I cook very little, mainly because I dont have my own kitchen. I eat ALOT of lean cuisines and smart ones meals, they have been life savers, I know exactly how many calories I'm consuming, and I love that aspect of it. However, if you choose to do this, keep sodium in mind... they tend to be pretty high in sodium so I have to cut back in other areas. There are a lot of forums at this site that will help you decide what is right for you, just look around and see if you can find a plan that you like. As for me, it's just cutting calories and upping my activity level!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm a calorie counter.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

I have lost 54lbs on a diet called Metabolic Research Center...I needed something very very specific and with some accountability built into it. I joined in May and its very pricey, but I have been watching my brother lose 80 lbs and a couple friends at church lose 75lbs each. That convinced me. If you're looking for something that is cheap/free...this isn't it. But, it does truly work. Good luck on whatever plan you choose.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Another plan that is not cheap but tells you exactly what/how much to eat at each meal is the Nutrasystem. I've thought about doing it but I'm too much of a cheapskate. I just count calories.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I've lost 30 pounds so far. Though not all on the same diet.

The first 20 I lost doing South Beach Diet, then I spent a year on a low fat, calorie-counting plan and yo-yoed in weight for a year, and the last 10 pounds I've lost doing Atkins. Of all three, I like Atkins the most! I still count my calories, just to make sure I'm not going overboard. For me, Atkins is great--it involves a lot of cooking on my part, but I usually set one or two nights a week aside for pre-cooking veggies/protein sources.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Eating Less and Better and Moving More.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

What about South Beach? I know it's pretty specific on what to eat and is pretty good about providing sample menus. It's easy to follow, from what I've read. I've known a few people who have had success with it. Unfortunately, I don't know many maintainers on it (doesn't mean they aren't out there!).

I lost about 85 pounds eating a raw/whole foods diet. I didn't measure or count calories, so I don't know if that's very helpful (but the food is definitely good for you)

Exercise was a huge factor, too.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/193.6/150

Height: 5'8"

I joined Weight Watchers about 3 years ago and lost 35 pounds. I am back counting points (not attending meetings though) and have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. In my opinion exercise and drinking lots of water are really, really important.

I know that the original post was asking for a program that told you what to eat, how much and at what time. I was wondering if anyone had long term success with this. I would be fearful that if I do not want to eat like the program states for the rest of my life whether you are able to successful migrate to a "normal" eating??
ekeller21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #12  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

I just got back on the wagon and roght now I'm just watching what I eat and adding excerise.

I guess it's a more laid back way of counting calories. I'm trying to get in 30min a day on my mini tramp.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #13  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Eating Less and Better and Moving More.
Yup, thatīs what I did.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #14  
VBchick24k

S/C/G: 194/168/145

Height: 5'9

you should try metabolic Research Center. I have lost 30lbs in about 8 weeks w/ their program. I love it. they deal w/ both the emotional side of eatting along w/ telling me exactly what to eat. I go in twice a week and weigh in and the girls at my center are really good at helping me find solutions to every aspect of over eatting. I would refer any and everyone to my center in Leawood, Ks
VBchick24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:28 PM   #15  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

I am doing a low fat diet with exercise!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote