South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

Good morning! It's a cool, crisp September morning, feels fantastic!

I didn't get home last night until almost 8:30, but at least today I'll be here for most of the day. I have to pick up Maggie at noon and bring her back here to wait for the insurance adjuster to finally come and look at our basement, then it's back to school to pick up Audrey at 3, and take both girls to ballet/tap, and after that I'm finished for the day. I do hope the insurance guy shows up, he was supposed to call yesterday to confirm his appointment, and never did. It's been 2 weeks since since we contacted Allstate, and they told us not to touch anything until they accessed the damage, and things are starting to grow down there! I think I'll put in a call to them to make sure someone is actually coming out today.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage: I'm so jealous. It is still so very hot here. I am just dying for fall to make it's appearance. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Good luck with the insurance. I have no faith in insurance companies anymore since the storm. The one you mentioned is in the top two of "offenders" in this area. Hopefully you will get enough to cover everything.

Me: It's been a long week so far at school. School wide testing of kids with a new program. Kids are being pulled for the testing from my classroom one at a time...it's taking a long time to test all 300, but it will be finished today. The test doesn't take long at all with 6 testers, but I feel like I should have a revolving door in my room and come home exhausted.

One really neat thing this week is that my BD is coming up and my husband didn't know what to get me. So I pooled in $ that I got from my Mom and ended up ordering this. I can't wait for it to come in. With all the vegs we eat around here, it will be great. And will save me trips out to the compost bin when it's icky outside...and we'll have compost in the winter!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-12-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie for me as I'm outta here for a quick workout, then home to change and off to Ottawa to the vet oncologist. I hope by the end of the day to have all the options to help me make a decision. In the meantime Lucy is carrying on being herself! She's miffed at the moment because she can't have breakfast in case they do bloodwork. My appointment is at 11 so we will go to my friend's place for lunch. Last time I drove in and back right away and was pretty darned tired after 3.5 hours on the road with no break except a 15 minute dog pick-up!

Glorious rain last night so it's a fresh morning and I don't need to water the garden. And Donna's coming to clean and give Hershey some company. Good things abound!

See you later.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I hope "good things abound" for you the entire day! Have a safe trip to Ottawa, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that you'll get some encouraging news.

Cat, that's a nifty gadget, that composter. Let us know what you think of it once you start using it, OK? And an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to you. Thanks for the heads-up regarding Allstate. We've been with them for over 22 years, but this is the first time we've ever put in a claim. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I had a good workout at Curves, and just put a turkey breast to marinate in a ginger/garlic marinade for tonight's supper. I'll finally be home to eat supper with Jake tonight.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #5  

Hi Girls,
I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been busy at work and last week I was sick for 3 days. I haven't been sick all year, so I guess it was my turn. I do feel much better, I got on the scale today and lost 2 more pounds. This brings me to 15 pounds lost. I am leaving Monday morning for MN to a quilt retreat. I can't wait, I am nervous about the food. I will do as well as I can, and start right back in on Thursday morning. All the food is provided with the cost of the retreat. I will try to do better on my posting!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I love listening to jazz in the morning. . since I Forgot my ipod for the scoot in (DH had to work an overnight) I was singing Sentimental Journey out loud for a half hour (2 miles and a double extra large coffee) Puts me in such a good mood (or maybe that's the coffee!)
Ph1 Day 2 I'm making the effort to eat conciously (what no dumptruck dining?) and I brought about 5/6 smaller snacks/meals No bread and sugar and I actually seem to have some energy!
Tonight I have the cafe with the girls so that will be a challenge but I can swing it!
I'm going to make some salmon before hand (for tomorrow) and have a fresh veggie burger for a quickie dinner and maybe some WATP depending on if I feel like Being rosy cheeked before I go out.
Cottage! good luck with the insurance adjuster. . .Its definitely glorious this AM!
Cat: If I had a house I'd have that composter!! that's so awesome! what a great gift! When is your day?

Ruth I'm glad you're getting your workout in so theres some you time!! Give the girls a scratch for me I need a puppy fix!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BK the retreat sounds great! Next weekend I'm going to a scrapbookign fest Dh is coming with me since I go to so many with him.
Cottage is that marinade your own concoction? I'm having a hard time finding quick stuff for meat that isn't rife with High fructose corn syrup!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Cottage! That's awful about your basement! I must have missed the story about what happened--sounds like a flood? :worried: Hope the insurance person comes today...it's awful to make you wait like that! You've got a busy day--hope it flies by so you can relax tonight!

Wow, Cat, Happy Birthday! Your gift looks fabulous!!! I didn't even know they made such things! What fun!

Ruth, you are such a positive soul! I hope that you come home to a clean house and a happy Hershey for a relaxing evening after all that traveling. Poor Lucy--I get grumpy when I can't have my breakfast, too. Safe travels and have a magnificent lunch. The healing power of time with friends cannot be overestimated, IMHO.

Love hearing how all of you are working out--it's good inspiration for me!

Me:
It's crisp and cool here too...really nice and 'fall'-ish. I'm sad to see summer go and am not as excited for Fall as I usually am, but I am glad to be out of the humidity and heat! I am all excited, though, because our pumpkin vine FINALLY produced a female flower and it looks like it was pollinated! I've been SO sad all summer because we've had nothing but male flowers and I was really expecting a pumpkin or two by now! Guess we aren't the only ones with pumpkin problems, though.

Had a late start this morning...was a bit late to work. I'm so tired! I'm going to the gym after work today--did the elliptical yesterday but my knee was hurting quite badly after I got off, so I think I'm going to take it a little easy and ride the recumbent bike today.

Went to the nutrition clinic yesterday and found out I lost 3 pounds last week, almost all from fat. I was so happy! That makes nearly 7 pounds since I started going a month ago. I hope it continues.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. I am hanging my head in shame this morning. I went to TOPS last night and was not happy with the scales, although I deserve it, I do have to change my ticker. So it is back on the wagon for me. I am hoping that having a weigh in each week will make me more accountable. I am not sure I am going to like the group, it is very small and they don't seem to do much for motivation, but we will see.
Well gotta to dash late getting in here this morning and I have a million things to do. Hope everyone has a great day. Love yas.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #10  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Morning all.

I am off to a job interview then to my fms doc. Busy day as the drive to the doc is 3 hrs. one way.

Will check in tonight when I get home.

Finished day two on plan.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #11  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Hello All,

I haven't been on the boards at all in 2007. It good to see that I recognize some names. Hey to the "new" ones from the steam of Houston.

It's been a busy year - 2 grandbabies born just a week apart back in April. SIL is going to Iraq next week - farewells are soooo tough. We get to tend the DD and GS while he's away.

I'm still at the same weight as when I left (at least I didn't gain with the stress). "Annual" physical is tomorrow - I'm sure that will be the call-to-arms. I'm taking my DH for his as well - he tried to back out so I got his Mom to pester him as well. He had high colesterol over a year ago and I don't think we've done much to get it down since then.

Time to face the music and work!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #12  

Kiko - Happy belated birthday! I never made it onto the list yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful day.

I've certainly been busy. We had the guy from the pool company come out yesterday and it is all planned. It's going to cost a bit more than I had hoped so I'll want to watch things closely for awhile but Brian is getting the slide and diving board he really wanted. We're skipping a spa but we don't really need one. Really, who needs to sit in hot water in Texas?

We need to take one tree out but it is in bad shape and part of it was dead anyway. We spent quite awhile yesterday cutting it back my hand and then I found out we can borrow a chain saw from our CubMaster so I am trying to get DH to pick it up today. There is NO WAY we can do the rest without a power saw!

We had the scouting recruiting rally at the school yesterday afternoon and then the signup last night. We only signed up 13 new scouts but that still is not bad since we have a pretty large pack already.

Oh, I am a bit worried financially today. We are dipping a bit more into our savings than I like to get this pool and then the news today is that my company is offering early retirement to one quarter (12,000) of its US workforce. I'm not 50 yet (6 more years) so I'm not eligible but the normal way they do things is wait to see how many take the offer and if not enough do, they lay people off. The jobs will be replaced by workers from other countries so it isn't like we don't have the work for the people. I've been here 22 years and don't want to lose the money I make and the benefits I have accrued.

Last edited by Barb0522; 09-12-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #13  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Barb- *hug* Try not to worry! Easier said than done, but if you think the best, things follow suit.

So, I just found out my new job will be starting me off at 5 hours a week. -.- Seriously, it's almost not worth it. >.< That's only $40 a week before taxes (and not sure how taxes work because it's federal work study). I'm halfway thinking about getting a 2nd job because books alone cost $700 this semester. I'm a bit anal about finances and so if my savings account goes below $5,000, it gives me a near heart attack. After the last credit card bill with my trip, buying a fridge for my dorm room, and books, I about fainted. Hopefully they'll be able to add more hours onto my schedule in the near future! And at least it's easy work- just copying and filing.

My scale has been hovering at 210 for way too long. I suppose that's a good thing because I expected it to seriously JUMP in the past week with all the stress I've been under, but I still gained back 10 pounds from my lowest point over the summer. *whine* Maybe I'm eating too many beans...
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks and Happy Birthday a day late Kiko!
It is really cool and beautiful here today, loving the weather.
It is TOM and this month it is making me want to EAT. I found myself in the kitchen several times today staring into the refrigerator or cabinet. It is either that or extra work stress this week, or the fact that I went from 1 starch/grain per day to two recently. May have to go back to one if this keeps up. 4 fudgesicle day, I am getting dangerous with those things. Seriously scary, I haven't wanted to eat like this since I started SBD.
I made a big pan of stroganoff and some carrot slaw and took dinner to eat with my grandmother. She is doing great as always, hope I am as healthy and independent at 93! On the way home we stopped at the orchard and got a bag of apples and some of the season's last peaches. I am eating a peach AND an apple as I type. And if the monster isn't quiet after I'm done, then I may make a sf hot cocoa. I've been averaging 200 calories more than usual/day all week, but I am still in my target zone, so I guess it's cool. Who knows what that crazy scale will have to say this weekend.
Well, I see some new/unfamiliar names so hello to all.
Ruth, hope you had some positive news today.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Nighty night!

Not sure why I'm posting this late.........half of ya'll are probably asleep....I'll be quiet and try not to wake ya.

Busy week, dh in Chicago, dd in school and having a blast. It's homecoming week and I think she's doing everything on the planet. Tonight it was powder puff football.

Anyhoo, I'm doing ok on plan and trying to behave. It's easier when my dh is out of town, why is that?

Ruthie, my prayers are with the Lucy. Hope all goes well.

Well, I'm coloring my hair and need to pay attention so I don't end up with some funky thing.

Hugs to all
Closed Thread